Xtra News Community 2
March 28, 2024, 11:07:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

How can I make the deck more humid

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I make the deck more humid  (Read 697 times)
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« on: February 01, 2010, 10:10:31 am »

Its got glass sides and clear plastic roof .. the floor is slatted and theres gaps for breeze.

But its too dry in there - the plants handle is .. but Id like it more humid .. any ideas?
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 11:04:46 am »

Its got glass sides and clear plastic roof .. the floor is slatted and theres gaps for breeze.

But its too dry in there - the plants handle is .. but Id like it more humid .. any ideas?

Add a water feature.

Seriously, even a big bowl of water near the plants may be enough but a fountain would work better.

Alternatively you could fill a tray, something that will hold water and at least 2 inches deep, with decorative rocks and water and sit the plants in pots on top so they are standing on the rocks but not quite in the water all the time.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 03:15:24 pm »

Yeh I was thinking that would help - guess I have to experiment cos Ive got a small one going -- hmm not often going though just a bowl of water - evaporating  Cheesy   Think it has to be a waterfall - cos I often have water in the watering can and I hate to see it just go  Sad
A waterfall would increase it more wouldnt it?  With it splashing aroung??
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: