Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 08:35:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Global Warming Rort Over

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Global Warming Rort Over  (Read 4648 times)
sickofpollies
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #150 on: April 19, 2011, 08:41:38 am »

Well the list of celebrities supporting global warming has grown again.

Charles Manson rants on about the truth of global warming. He comes from a long line of celebrities like Al Gore and Osama bin Laden supporting the cause.

It has also been an interesting past seven days. One of the neat things about the internet is the ability to trawl through old predictions ("projections") from those on the global warming gravy train.

The UN, for example, has tried to hide away from its claim that there would be 50 million climate refugees as of last year. In fact the very areas where they predicted the biggest impacts (by now) have had population increases.

The UN “disappears” 50 million climate refugees, then botches the disappearing attempt

Another one trying to disappear is the claim that 40% of the world's corrals would be gone as of last year too: Past Alarm. World's Coral: 40% gone by 2010
Report Spam   Logged

Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #151 on: April 19, 2011, 07:58:25 pm »

Who cares who supports it... I know I don't.
Especially not celebrities who in general don't know anything other than what they pickup in the politically motivated main stream media.

Given that around 25% of Porites (the hardest of corals) are now dead - and 75% of all corals are currently threatened...  I don't reckon they got it too far wrong.

You watch - 10 years from now you'll be scratching your head wondering what happened to all the fish...

Smiley

Oh - and NEWS FLASH time...

The so called "Global Warming Rort" is in fact not over, it's just that those who still fail to see with their own eyes the evidence around them now number so few (and are all mostly nutters...  all be them well funded nutters at that) that the silly childlike arguments have all but been put to bed.

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
robman
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #152 on: April 19, 2011, 08:12:20 pm »

If you follow the link Einstein, you might find your guestimates and assumptions about corals are quite wrong.
Report Spam   Logged

I once thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #153 on: April 19, 2011, 08:16:48 pm »

Lol...  from the dailymail and "whatsupwiththat.com"Huh

You have to be kidding right?!

Shocked

Try here;

http://geo.arc.nasa.gov/sge/coral-health/

or here

http://esciencenews.com/articles/2011/03/17/study.provides.new.tool.monitor.coral.reef.vital.signs

for a bit more 'down to earth' reading.
Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
robman
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #154 on: April 19, 2011, 08:26:06 pm »

The so called "Global Warming Rort" is in fact not over, it's just that those who still fail to see with their own eyes the evidence around them now number so few (and are all mostly nutters...  all be them well funded nutters at that) that the silly childlike arguments have all but been put to bed.

Yes you're right, the numbers are fewer but they still stick to their guns and insist that doomsday is just around the corner despite the fact that the predicted catastrophic events haven't eventuated.
They now try to shift the goal posts while clumsily trying to erase the evidence of their previous predictions from the public eye.
Their biggest mistake was in underestimating the number of citizens still capable of stringing a few coherent thoughts together and asking questions the warmalists couldn't answer without resorting to outrageous overstatements and worst case projections as if they were a foregone conclusion.
So it's not over yet and it won't be for a little while either, given the vested interests in the form of carbon credit speculation and reputations to be made or broken when the whole sorry mess is history. The writing appears to be on the wall though.
So, had any good tsunamis lately? we had a good day out on the harbour during the last one..
Report Spam   Logged

I once thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.
sickofpollies
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #155 on: April 20, 2011, 08:19:21 am »

Lol...  from the dailymail and "whatsupwiththat.com"Huh

The Daily mail broadcasted Charles Manson's speech. Whether you consider the source to be "bad" is irrelevant.

Given you love a science consensus, you should love Watts up with that. It has won not once, but twice, the best science blog award (including the most recent).

Which is no doubt a James Hansen thing. A man, like a lot of green scientists, whose success rate in predicting projecting anything correctly is close to zero. He's not quite in the league of Ehrlich or his buddy Holdren (Obama's "science-tsar"), but he is close. I mean New York should be underwater by now if Hansen was anywhere near correct...

But you are correct the rort is not over. It is diminishing, but they are fighting back. Michael Mann is suing Ball for his amusing quip that Mann should be in the State Pen, not the Penn State for example. The Climategate University has failed in its attempt to censor journalist James Delingpole. That one has got to hurt. Not to neglect the whitewashes of the Climategate affair. I mean stacking the panels full of alarmists (like Oxbrugh who has large investments in so called green technologies) and then trying to claim they're credible.

Have you heard the latest on the Climategate 'hide the decline'? It was well established the Phil Jones & co hid the data for the 1961 onwards tree ring data (since it declines), but McIntyre has discovered the other side of the graph was also hidden; it shows unprecedented warmth in the 15th century...much much much faster than any of the most generous 20th century upswing.

The lies are getting exposed. Unfortunately neo-Lysenkoism has huge backers and therefore those behind this paleo-phrenology have vested interests in keeping the big lie going. Still we are slowly bringing back sanity as the wheels come off the gravy-train. David Evans in Australia joining the sceptic side recently has got to be a big blow. Even the attempts to denigrate sceptic Freeman Dyson have failed.
Report Spam   Logged

Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: