Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 01:59:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

6c increase in petrol

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6c increase in petrol  (Read 265 times)
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« on: February 17, 2009, 01:45:10 pm »

Today's six cent price rise in petrol prices is justified, according to the Automobile Association.

All four major petrol companies increased their petrol prices by six cents a litre this morning.

AA policy analyst Mark Stockdale said there had been a rise in refined petrol of about six cents a litre in the last two days.

"It's been a quick reaction so if there is any recovery, AA will keep an eye out to ensure they drop it just as quickly," Mr Stockdale said.

Shell, Caltex, Mobil and BP have all increased their petrol prices by six cents and are now charging 171.9 cents a litre for 91 unleaded.

Gull's retail business manager Graham Stirk said its prices would not be going up today but the company would review its prices again tomorrow.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10557203&ref=rss
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

wgtngirl
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 02:19:20 pm »

BP jumped the gun as usual by putting it up 6c/l yesterday but by this morning had dropped it back cos none of the others increased.  Now they are all back up by the 6c.  We have cut back on petrol usage since we moved as we are now within walking distance of shops, schools, etc.
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 03:20:04 pm »

is there not a law about price collusion???
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
guest49
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 04:05:50 pm »

Yes.  But the commerce dept investigated the fuel companies last year, I seem to recall, and found that by some miracle, there was no price fixing.  Its just sheer coincidence, apparantly, that all fuel companies overheads and costs are always identical, so their prices therefore also become identical.
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 05:05:51 pm »

That is bloody hard to believe.
Different sourcing, different management, different everything but same costs and pricing HAHA pull the other one. How come fletchers can do it cheaper???
I wonder who is lining who's pockets???
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

guest49
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 05:26:03 pm »

If challenged, their response is;
Actually, we intended to put our price up by 10 cents, but seeing as our competition only put theirs up by 6 cents, we had to swallow the 4 cents its costing us, to retain our market share.
Bullshit of course, but you prove otherwise
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 05:37:54 pm »

yes alas we need a insider to leak some documents.
Report Spam   Logged

WOW, What a Ride!"

k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 05:45:16 pm »

you guys don't know how lucky you are

Here in the land of Oz our prices change very day of the week, chespest day is Tuesday then prices start riasing until saturday sunday when they could of gone up over 10 cents from Tuesdays prices, sometimes more.
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
guest49
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 05:50:41 pm »

So, what does a litre cost on Tuesday

/
Report Spam   Logged
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 06:56:47 pm »

$1:09 near us
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
guest49
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 07:07:04 pm »

At between NZD 30 & 40¢/litre cheaper than NZ, I could probably handle filling up on Tuesdays.
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 07:47:57 pm »

Diesel didn't go up so I guess at the moment I will be driving the van instead of the car. When I need to drive of course.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 06:41:40 am »

Fuel spillage still not cleared

Thousands of litres of fuel are sitting under the forecourt of an Auckland petrol station more than a year after a spill of 10,000 litres from a leaky pipe.

Three companies - Petrol Alley Services Limited (GAS), URS New Zealand and Brown Bros (NZ) - appeared in the Auckland District Court yesterday charged with the unauthorised discharge of a contaminant.

A fourth company, Fuelquip (NZ), has already pleaded guilty to the spill from a petrol station at Line Rd, Glen Innes.

Deborah Hollings, QC, for the Auckland Regional Council, which is prosecuting the companies, told the court the companies had done nothing to clean up spilled fuel from the ground since the accident in 2007.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: