Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 04:51:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

R.I.P. Mo

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R.I.P. Mo  (Read 1013 times)
dragontamer
« on: January 04, 2010, 12:23:29 pm »

He was pts at 1pm after a dog attacked him.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Magoo
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 01:28:52 pm »

I am so sorry DT.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 05:18:00 pm »

Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Justic
Global Moderator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 05:22:18 pm »

Angry ferking mongrel dog.  Poor Mo what a dreadful way to go.
Report Spam   Logged

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
dragontamer
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 06:17:08 pm »

He grew up with dogs so never ran from them unless they got rough - and then it was usually a haughty quickset with his head and tail held high and his ears up.   Looked more put out than scared.

The damage looks like he was going up and over a fence or something and it had grabbed and shredded him around his bum.  There wasn't any repairing the damage and we don't know who did it or where it happened, so no idea if he was shaken first or roughed up without breaking the skin in other places.  It would be most likely because he would just sit there and let dogs walk up to him.
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 06:29:40 pm »

Poor wee soul.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 06:37:51 am »

DT and family - I am so sorry to hear about poor Mo. What a dreadful time for you all. You are in my thoughts - please let the kids know I'm thinking of them as well
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 05:17:36 pm »

Oh gosh Cry I am sorry for your loss.

I hate it when dogs go for cats.

I had to rescue one as a teenager as 3 dogs were trying to rip the neighbour's cat apart. I hurdled a 3 foot fence in a long dressing gown. Fortunately the dogs ran and I was in time and George the cat lived after weeks of vet treatment.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
dragontamer
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 08:40:14 pm »

Thanks people.

Eldest got back for Totaranui last night.  She had no cell phone coverage, so no way to ring her, and I didn't want to send a text so she didn't find out until about 7pm. 

At midnight she crawled into my bed and had a major meltdown.

Then tonight, a black cat flitted/ danced across the deck.  In the twilight it was hard to see, but Daisy was sitting under Gizzy's cage, Jaz was on the back of the sofa and Garfield is, well, bright ginger.  I walked to the windows and Gus looked up at me with a "It sure as hell wasn't me" look on his face.

If it was my Mo, he's found his kittenishness again in full bloom.

(On another subject, I've had 3 beers and I'm not even buzzing.   Bummer.)
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 05:32:15 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 06:44:29 am »

Thanks people.

Eldest got back for Totaranui last night.  She had no cell phone coverage, so no way to ring her, and I didn't want to send a text so she didn't find out until about 7pm. 

At midnight she crawled into my bed and had a major meltdown.

Then tonight, a black cat flitted/ danced across the deck.  In the twilight it was hard to see, but Daisy was sitting under Gizzy's cage, Jaz was on the back of the sofa and Garfield is, well, bright ginger.  I walked to the windows and Gus looked up at me with a "It sure as hell wasn't me" look on his face.

(On another subject, I've had 3 beers and I'm not even buzzing.   Bummer.)

Sounds like Mo streaking past making a dash for the Rainbow Bridge - I won't post the poem or we will ALL be having a meltdown.

Hugs to Miss DT from the Scottycats
Report Spam   Logged
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 07:18:08 am »

DT I am so sorry that really sucks.
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
dragontamer
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 09:41:05 pm »

I (thankfully) have been able to rule out the dogs next door as Mo's attackers. 

I was on babysitting duty with them last week and went over to let them out.  Garfield followed me over.  Mo (Mike's dog Mo - a spaniel cross hunter) tore across the yard towards Garfield and I froze.  He raced past Gar, and grabbed his gumboot and then tore across the yard back past Garfield to bring it to me. 

Ben ran up to Garfield (I was again holding my breath) and stood over him in a semi-point stance.  Then very, very slowly he leaned down and opened his mouth as if to pick Garfield up around the middle.  Garfield twitched and Ben vaulted backwards with his eyes shut.

I didn't think either one was to blame (My Mo regularly walked right underneath both dogs, and a couple of times over top of them to get past them and into the door - they'd just stand or lay there with a "Did you blardy well see that?" look on their faces), but poor Mike feels bad about My Mo anyway.

My eldest wanted to adopt a kitten from the pet shop, but Daisy is too much of a bully to bring another cat into the house.  She'd hurt it.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: