Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 07:18:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

13-year-old may not be the father

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 13-year-old may not be the father  (Read 724 times)
Calliope
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2009, 09:10:23 pm »

Interesting perspective  Grin

Maybe we should bring Home Economics back into the curriculum.

and why not; there are may young men and women out there who can barely boil a kettle let alone make nutritious meals. It's all takeaways.
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2009, 10:25:10 pm »

Maybe we should bring Home Economics back into the curriculum.

I refused to let S2 attend HE classes in form 2 (I have NO idea what year that is)

Lesson 1) Milkshake, made with milk, sugar and quick
Lesson 2)Sandwich, made with a slice of white bread, grated cheese and crushed pineapple

I caught up with the teacher at the pool at the weekend (lol he admitted he'd been waiting for me) and even he admitted that there was NO WAY they could teach her what she'd learnt at home!! Perhaps we should be teaching the MOTHERS!  Kids learn better at home.If their mothers are cooking proper meals with real food, it won't be such a big deal!

We took food to the food bank some time ago, the co-ordinator was grateful for what we donated, but pointed out, that the food they are sometimes donated (rolled oats, rice, barley, etc) was useless as the families they were giving them to didn't know how to cook them.
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2009, 01:25:47 am »

I cant believe what Im reading surely teens arent that dumbed down already?
 Shocked
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 02:47:05 am by bumphead benny » Report Spam   Logged

Lets kill all the warmongers.
Alicat
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2009, 01:57:30 am »

lent Home Economics teacher at Intermediate. College wasn't that flash, but I had already mastered cooking for a family by the time I was 10. My mother was bedridden with Rheumatic Fever on a few occasions while I was growing up. from 8 years old I was preparing and cooking the family meals. Mum was giving me instructions from her bed. When I went flatting I had no problem at all unlike a good handful of flatmates I had to teach to cook from scratch.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2009, 06:03:31 am »

HE should  be brought back to the classrooms, IMO.

We have parents, many are both working, kids from 3 mths old to 14 years old dont see their parents from 7am to 6pm in many instances, their kids are being brought up by institutions.  Parents arrive home and have no time to teach the kids how to cook, set a table, make a pot of tea.  Hell Ive met many 5-6 yr olds who still cannot make themselves a sandwich.

While some parents teach their kids as much as they can, there are many others who do not.  IMO this is a form of child abuse.

Girl, 9, to abort twins

A NINE-year-old girl pregnant after years of alleged sexual abuse by her stepfather is likely to abort twins she is carrying in a case that has shocked Brazil, reports in Sao Paulo said.

The Brazilian girl, who was not identified because she is a minor, was found to be four months pregnant after being taken to hospital suffering stomach pains, the news websites G1, pe360graus and the Diario de Pernambuco reported.

She was being cared for by a medical and psychological team in the Maternal-Child Institude in the northern city of Recife, close to her hometown of Alagoinha in Pernambuco state, they said.

"We don't know if she will develop the pregnancy up to the end because of the structure of her body. It is a big risk for her,'' the doctor who confirmed her pregnancy before she was taken to the institute, Jose Severiano Cavalcanti, told the Diario de Pernambuco.

"She doesn't have a pelvis able to support a gestation of twins,'' he said.

Abortion is illegal in Brazil except in cases of rape or if the woman's health is in danger.

The institute in Recife was unable to immediately confirm information about the case.

According to police accounts reported in the media, the 23-year-old stepfather was believed to have abused the girl since she was aged six, paying her one Brazilian real (about 77 Australian cents) for each sexual relation.

He also allegedly abused the girl's physically handicapped 14-year-old sister.

He was arrested on Thursday as he attempted to flee to another region in Brazil, and was being kept in protective custody.

http://tools.cairns.com.au//feeds/feed-story.php?news_id=19241291
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2009, 10:19:53 am »

4 words....blowtorch and pliers.
Report Spam   Logged

Lets kill all the warmongers.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: