Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 07:56:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Dogs watch TV ... Cats have more sense

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogs watch TV ... Cats have more sense  (Read 752 times)
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« on: December 19, 2009, 07:03:25 am »

I notice that Peppidog  loves watching TV and used to go spare when animals, especially dogs, are shown in any programme, go rushing out to the gate, barking mad until I repeatedly told her "it's all right. it's only on TV." and she seems to have realised that now. Just does a wee grumble rumble when she doesn't like what she's seeing.

Houdicat ignores TV, has never appeared to show interest in it at all

my animals sleep on my bed -

I often use lappy while I am resting the legs up in bed.

This morning Peppi was on my pillow and shoulder watching the Sky TV Animal Channel (on the tv at the foot of my bed), lappy screen in her view too. I was organising the forwarding of a message to a mate, a email link recently received.

She tensed up and growled real loud, scrambled off my shoulder onto lappy.  This one was JUST TOO CLOSE.  http://www.raincitystory.com/flash/screenclean.swf

sheesh

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

dragontamer
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 10:43:21 am »

Do you think maybe she knew if she tried that with your screen she'd get 'Wicked Bad Dog'? Grin
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 11:51:06 am »

I had one cat who loved watch Pot Black on our old B&W set. He would chase the white ball around the screen.

Another cat (a ginger) loved A Dog's Show. He would chase the dog mustering around the screen and soo learned not to leap back in surprise at the odd closeup of the dog.

Bobby has figured out that there is nothing behind the TV - he checked.

He is still trying to work out where the paper in the printer comes from.

He is not the brightest cat on the block.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 12:48:36 pm »

Your cats must have brains, ssweetp

I can't remember how long ago it was when I last had more than one of each together in my household, I often wonder if they get lonely without amother of their kind to interact with. While Peppi had her puppy she used to treat it like a toy, really loves life when she's allowed out to play with another dog visitor to the camp, and when her puppy visits she ignores him. 

Houdi seems to come indoors only to eat and sleep. The TV doesn't seem to mean anything to her, while Peppi even knows the cctv is "live"" and goes out to greet people at the door when she sees them in it.
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Alicat
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 08:38:05 am »

I had a Siamese called heidi who watched A Dog Show. She would watch it without blinking and get very pissed off if anyone got between her and the TV. She had no interest in any other TV show - just that one.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: