Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 07:25:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Armed cops intervene as internet date goes wrong

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Armed cops intervene as internet date goes wrong  (Read 406 times)
Newtown-Fella
« on: February 16, 2009, 08:40:22 am »

Police are warning of the dangers of internet relationships after a German woman who struck up an online relationship with a New Zealand man was rescued by armed police in Dunedin on Saturday.

The 30-year-old woman arrived in Dunedin to find the man she had met online was "not who he had portrayed himself to be", Detective Senior Sergeant Steve McGregor told the Otago Daily Times.

Mr McGregor said friends of the woman had become concerned for her safety when she failed to meet up with them as arranged after going to meet the man.

Police visited a house in Roslyn, Dunedin, but when they did not find the woman there, and given the concerns the friends had raised with them, they sent in the armed offenders squad (AOS).

Witnesses said they heard what sounded like gunshots coming from the Garfield Avenue address as dozens of armed police swarmed the house about 6.30pm on Saturday, but police said no shots were fired in what they described as a "dangerous situation".

Some of the woman's belongings were found at the property, but she was not there.

Shortly before midnight on Saturday, she returned with the man.

"She was unharmed and grateful for police intervention," Mr McGregor said.

The woman told detectives yesterday she had become increasingly alarmed since meeting the man at Dunedin Airport on February 8 because it was obvious the man had lied to her about his personal circumstances , Mr McGregor said.

He warned of the dangers of meeting people through the internet, and said caution was essential when making arrangements to meet such people.

This was particularly important when a meeting was arranged in a strange or foreign place and particularly in a foreign country where a person might not have family or friendly support.

"This isolation has the potential to place them in a dangerous situation they may not have anticipated or been prepared for," Mr McGregor said.

Police were not planning to lay charges against the man.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominionpost/4849247a6479.html

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 02:44:27 pm »

There seems to be something missing/not being told in this.

He probably has a criminal record but is it appropriate to publish an article implying he has done something wrong?
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 02:46:28 pm »

There seems to be something missing/not being told in this.

He probably has a criminal record but is it appropriate to publish an article implying he has done something wrong?

Lol... I'd say there's a lot missing!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
enemyoftheleft
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 03:31:15 pm »

but police said no shots were fired in what they described as a "dangerous situation

Police were not planning to lay charges against the man.

what is this beefed up crap...........some flakey woman get sucked in by a no hoper who turns out not to be a well hung millionaire but instead a  internet dating destitute bullshit artist of which i believe there are many and the AOS are called in to a "dangerous situation" but no charges are laid(neither is the woman  Grin)Either he has history they are not saying or the whole thing is a fiasco!!!!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

liquor up front,poker at the rear
robman
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 07:37:29 pm »

Possibly they mean dangerous to any nearby courier drivers because the police were armed...
Report Spam   Logged

I once thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 07:44:06 pm »

she might not of help the situation haveing a mo and beard better than his
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 07:45:54 pm »

Aaaaah black huimour....but soooo true.
Report Spam   Logged

Lets kill all the warmongers.
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 08:03:43 pm »

perhaps he wasnt as well hung as robman   oops Borak  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 06:10:31 am »

This morning they are saying he said he was 33 but he was more like 53 -
Apparently he had weapons all through the house - but no sound that he was going to use them or being threatening - seems she was just a dummy - travelling half way round the world to meet a man shed known on the net for a little while!!

Seems to me she should be charged with stupidity!!
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 10:34:41 pm »

Its a good laugh  Grin

She might have left him because His home does not have any power.
maybe she wanted a hot shower.
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 06:35:51 am »

She stayed in the house cos she was a social worker and wanted to understand what made this man the way he is .... I cant see where hes done something wrong yet  Huh
Report Spam   Logged

Calliope
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 11:24:51 am »

only an idiot would travel halfway round the world to meet a complete stranger without having a backup plan.
Mind you I guess it applies to anyone meeting a stranger off the net regardless of where they live.
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 02:23:50 pm »

He lied about his age just a little bit  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
enemyoftheleft
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 02:37:33 pm »

She stayed in the house cos she was a social worker

as i said in my first post lovelee,although he sounds like a fucktard basically he has not done anything wrong except fib a bit on his profile.As you and the herald said she was a flakey social worker who wanted to use him as a bit of a case study.Says a lot about her,to fly around the world on a whim then meet him and still hang around then go away for a few days with him.I think she should be made to bonk him before she is deported for wasting police time and taxpayers money Grin
Report Spam   Logged

liquor up front,poker at the rear
bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 02:39:07 pm »

Most people beef themselves a bit and tweak their online persona,  its actually boring to meet someone online who DOESNT blow their own horn just a lil bit. I for one have come to expect it.
 Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Lets kill all the warmongers.
Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 06:20:59 pm »

ANN

Talking about people beefing themselfs up a bit,
one time i was talking to a girl called ann on skype who started to get very freindly in a sexy way,
I was wondering what kind of women i was dealing with,
i asked for a picture i was sent a pic of a butt ugly man in a dress with whiskers and all.

I quickly figered out how to block people on skype Grin

The name should have been Ann the man  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 06:52:54 pm »

OO Sexy I had a special pic that I sent quite often .. it wasnt a man, it was a wholly ugly woman 
Always knew Id never hear back from them when i sent it  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

beaker
Senator
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 07:00:39 pm »

Most people beef themselves a bit and tweak their online persona,  its actually boring to meet someone online who DOESNT blow their own horn just a lil bit. I for one have come to expect it.
 Roll Eyes

I'm sure I "un-beefed" myself... by about 5 kgs  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

This job is a test . . . It is only a test . . . Had this been a real job . . . it would have come with raises, promotions and other signs of appreciation!!!
Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 07:13:36 pm »

Lovelee
Your are awfull but i like you  Grin

No it was a man pretending to be a women i was being good but ann was coming on to me.

Ann the man Grin

Report Spam   Logged

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: