Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 07:54:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

'There's probably no God' coming to a bus near you

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'There's probably no God' coming to a bus near you  (Read 868 times)
Brownie55
Global Moderator
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2009, 08:46:38 pm »

I wonder what the response would be if the slogan on the bus said

"Mohammed  probably is not real!"

Do you think that would be allowed and tolerated?
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2009, 09:01:40 pm »

Dazza put on your thinking cap and give us one reason just one. Why do you believe in things you cant see. Not only that but there is absolutely no PROOF anywhere about your evolution  theories. All of it is pure baloney and you know it.
Given this is the Christmas season I shall not write about your lack of grey matter but I will wish you a good break from dabbling in things of the dreamworld while at office.

Hahaha.....so says the xian fundy who blindly believes in a god he cannot see!  Grin

(nobody else can see this god either unless they are schizophrenic, or taking hallucinogenic drugs)

Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
jiribiri
Getting The Hang Of It

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2009, 12:25:36 am »

planes trains and automobiles...get the message out there

people dont readily admit to have been taken by the biggest con the world has ever seen.

Report Spam   Logged
Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2009, 01:30:45 am »

Satanists and New Agers, Wiccans, Communists, Labor Party lefties, Chinese Maoists, some estimated 10, 000, 000 Moslems, Nazis, Cubans, North Vietnamese,  etc etc all over the world have been anti Christian for thousands of years. I turn to my nitpicking critics and seek correction on this fact. Is the term thousands of years unacceptable to you? Should I have simply said 'ages'?

Is it a small wonder that the pc gang of brainwashed terrorists have been allowed to infest our communities with their hate speech and intolerance of those who do not subscribe to their philosophy?

I would like to see all buses carrying a message that reads.
'God's Son Jesus will return. If you refuse to believe it and He does return you are in the cactus.'
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2009, 05:02:49 am »

news for you:

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
wgtngirl
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2009, 07:03:03 am »

Although mr welly and I are both catholics we see no problem in those signs on the buses.  Everyone, regardless of their beliefs, should be free to express how they feel without others getting their knickers in a twist.
Report Spam   Logged
Brownie55
Global Moderator

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2009, 08:04:53 am »

"Mohammed is probably  not real!"

well?
Report Spam   Logged

nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2009, 08:35:33 am »

"Mohammed is probably  not real!"

well?

Is it up and running, or are they just testing the water?

I think perhaps whatever bus company is invited to display either slogan would decide too many of their prospective passengers woulld prefer to take a taxi rather than whatever bus carried it, even if it were to be "allowed".

Roll Eyes

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2009, 06:05:08 pm »

Let there be adverts: Christians hit back at the atheist bus
Mark Sweney
The Guardian,

Thursday 5 February 2009

Bus ads: created by three Christian groups. Photograph: PR
The following correction was printed in the Guardian's Corrections and clarifications column, Monday 9 February 2009

The Trinitarian Bible Society, which is running advertisements on buses quoting a line from the Bible, is not a church; it is a Bible publisher. The society has asked us to clarify that its campaign is unconnected to those being mounted by the Russian Orthodox Church and the Christian party.

In the beginning, there was the atheist bus campaign. And it was good. Unless, that is, you were one of the many God-fearing folk who considered it blasphemy. They, however, are planning to get their own back.

A trinity of Christian groups have created their own series of advertisements to run across London buses, the medium of choice for the battle of beliefs, it seems.

The original ads from the British Humanist Association insisted: "There is probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life."

The new campaign is organsied by the Christian Party, the Trinitarian Bible Society and the Russian Orthodox Church. Their pro-God campaigns will run on 175 buses for two weeks from Monday.

In a somewhat cheeky move, the Rev George Hargreaves of the Christian Party has created a bus advert which proclaims: "There definitely is a God. So join the Christian Party and enjoy your life." It will run on 50 bendy buses in central London, east London and the West End.

Meanwhile, the Russian Orthodox Church has booked 25 supersize bus advertisements, backed by a sponsorship deal with Russian Hour TV, using the line "There IS a God, BELIEVE. Don't worry and enjoy your life."

The Trinitarian Bible Society has taken a less temperate approach, using a line from the bible to scold nonbelievers: "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God," runs the advertisement's slogan, taken from Psalm 53.1. The church's campaign, which like the others was booked through outdoor advertising company CBS Outdoor, runs on 100 buses.

Last month the Advertising Standards Authority received almost 150 complaints that the atheist bus campaign was offensive to Christians, and that the "no God" claim could not be substantiated.

However the ASA ruled that the campaign did not break the advertising code, concluding that the ads were an "expression of the advertiser's opinion and that the claims in it were not capable of objective substantiation". As such, it said that it was unlikely to mislead or to cause widespread offence.

Writer Ariane Sherine first suggested the campaign in a Guardian Comment Is Free blog last June, to provide a reassuring counter-message to religious slogans threatening non-Christians with hell and damnation. She wrote: "Yesterday I walked to work and saw two London buses with the question: 'When the son of man comes, will he find faith on the earth?' (Luke 18:Cool ... If I wanted to run a bus ad saying 'Beware, there is a giant lion from London Zoo on the loose!' I think I might be asked to show my working and back up my claims."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/feb/05/atheist-bus-christian-response

Report Spam   Logged

Brownie55
Global Moderator

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2009, 08:15:42 pm »

nobody has answered my question so I guess that even you would not tolerate a bus with a sign saying "Mohammed is probably  not real!"

Report Spam   Logged

AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2009, 08:26:17 pm »

Satanists and New Agers, Wiccans, Communists, Labor Party lefties, Chinese Maoists, some estimated 10, 000, 000 Moslems, Nazis, Cubans, North Vietnamese,  etc etc all over the world have been anti Christian for thousands of years.

Christianity hasn't been around for thousands of years gommie neither have any of the above so they haven't been anti christian for thousands of years, some of them not at all!

Is it a small wonder that the pc gang of brainwashed terrorists have been allowed to infest our communities with their hate speech and intolerance of those who do not subscribe to their philosophy?

Well we did allow a gang of brainwashed terrorists have been allowed to infest our communities with their hate speech and intolerance of those who do not subscribe to their philosophy, we call them fundamentalist (born again) christians!

Report Spam   Logged

Stupid people are not an endangered species so why are we protecting them
R. S. OhAllmurain
jiribiri
Getting The Hang Of It

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2009, 12:34:58 am »

religious zealots are fundamentally flawed...i wish they would all go to heaven forthwith and leave us in peace.
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2009, 01:27:37 am »

nobody has answered my question so I guess that even you would not tolerate a bus with a sign saying "Mohammed is probably  not real!"

In the absence of a quote indicating to whom that remark was addressed I can only conclude your comment is directed at the writer of the post immediately preceding it,  so Waddya mean  "nobody has answered my question ?"     Can't ya use yr scrollbar?  

Waddya mean I guess that even you would not tolerate a bus with a sign saying "Mohammed is probably  not real!"    Did the wrong person reply to ya?

Well?

Report Spam   Logged

Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2009, 04:42:46 am »

Jirribury
Those who are anti religion are fundamentally flawed...i wish they would all go to heaven forthwith and leave us in peace.
Report Spam   Logged
Brownie55
Global Moderator

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2009, 06:01:43 am »

In the absence of a quote indicating to whom that remark was addressed I can only conclude your comment is directed at the writer of the post immediately preceding it,  so Waddya mean  "nobody has answered my question ?"     Can't ya use yr scrollbar?  

Waddya mean I guess that even you would not tolerate a bus with a sign saying "Mohammed is probably  not real!"    Did the wrong person reply to ya?

Well?

Grumpy ? 
Report Spam   Logged

nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2009, 06:46:49 am »

author=Brownie55 link=topic=5782.msg65671#msg65671 date=1260644503]

abridged

Grumpy ? 

nemmind, you're forgiven if ya hadn't read it, or if it wasn't the sort of answer you were looking for.   

"Mohammed is probably  not real!"

well?

Is it up and running, or are they just testing the water?

I think perhaps whatever bus company is invited to display either slogan would decide too many of their prospective passengers woulld prefer to take a taxi rather than whatever bus carried it, even if it were to be "allowed".

Roll Eyes

Since posting that I found what seems to be the origin of the advertising, and it has apparently run in UK and maybe in other countries

Report Spam   Logged

Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2009, 09:21:19 am »

This thread is too convoluted for me.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: