Xtra News Community 2
April 21, 2024, 01:40:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Woman Defends Gothic Cat Piercing

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Woman Defends Gothic Cat Piercing  (Read 166 times)
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« on: February 15, 2009, 04:14:56 pm »

Woman Defends Gothic Cat Piercing
6:48pm UK, Friday January 23, 2009

A woman from Pennsylvania who marketed "gothic kittens" with ear, neck and tail-piercings on the internet has defended her actions.

Holly Crawford said the kittens were well looked after

Holly Crawford was charged with animal cruelty after her home was raided following a tip off from animal rights group Peta.

"When I did it, it wasn't with any cruel intentions," she said. "They were definitely loved, well-fed, no fleas, clipped nails, and very happy."

Police also charged a man who helped her take calls about the kittens, which were being sold online for hundreds of dollars.

The cats were given 14-gauge piercings through their ears, submission rings in their necks and one kitten's tail was docked.

Ms Crawford said she did not see any difference between piercing a cat and piercing a human being.

She says she used sterile needles to pierce the animals and made sure they healed properly.

The vice-president of Peta, Daphna Nachminovitch, described Ms Crawford's actions as 'barbaric'.

"There's no excuse for inflicting such pain on an animal that's the size of your palm," she said.

Ms Crawford says her dog grooming business is now in serious trouble and she has received dozens of abusive phone calls.

"My name's ruined, my reputation's ruined and my business is ruined," she said.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Cat-Piercing-US-Woman-Defends-Business-Saying-Animals-Were-Well-Looked-After-And-Happy/Article/200901415208993?lpos=World_News_Third_Strange_News__Article_Teaser_Region__1&lid=ARTICLE_15208993_Cat_Piercing%3A_US_Woman_Defends_Business_Saying_Animals_Were_Well_Looked_After_And_Happy___
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 07:02:42 pm »

Ms Crawford said she did not see any difference between piercing a cat and piercing a human being.

A human being has a choice!
Plus cats are creatures which fight. Chances are the piercing will get torn out and/or infected.
Some people are just plain thick!
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 07:45:07 pm »

that is sick and she should be done.  Cat pain thresshold is alot smaller than a humans.
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: