Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 01:40:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Maori flag to fly on Waitangi Day

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maori flag to fly on Waitangi Day  (Read 3017 times)
Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2009, 07:49:30 am »

That has to be one of the most audacious decisions by John Key. A travesty of justice and bloody stupid.
The promotion of apartheid will eventually result in the shedding of blood in this country. Trust me

Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2009, 07:53:21 am »

Given Waitangi day celebrates the day the treaty was signed between the crown and Maori it makes perfect sense to fly the NZ flag and the Maori flag only.

So let them fly the Union Jack

What reference has the UJ to Maori?  Nothing at all.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Crusader
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2009, 07:53:44 am »

Well how about you fuck off to where you came from if you don't like it. There are planes leaving this country every day.
Report Spam   Logged
Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2009, 08:02:30 am »

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2009, 08:27:39 am »

Crusader 'The promotion of apartheid will eventually result in the shedding of blood in this country'. If you dont agree then say so. Advertise your stupidity for all to see.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2009, 08:30:46 am »

It wont happen.  Maori on Pakeha.  You havent been here long enough to know the people blod.  And you havent lost the 'sentiments' that we grow up with.  You still think like a south african.   Like the whinging pom and the arrogance of the germans.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
AnFaolchudubh
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2009, 08:52:42 am »

Crusader 'The promotion of apartheid will eventually result in the shedding of blood in this country'. If you dont agree then say so. Advertise your stupidity for all to see.

Why does everyone have to follow your example and be like you gommie?!
Report Spam   Logged

Stupid people are not an endangered species so why are we protecting them
R. S. OhAllmurain
Ferney

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2009, 08:59:19 am »

Sexy  -  if you look at your Union Jack on #9,  Scotlands flag is represented in it.      Grin

For the maori flag to fly on Waitangi Day.  Waitangi-Treaty is what the day is !

I suppose there are some who don't like our anthem sung in english and maori either. 

Maybe we could design a new flag and remove the union jack and have a koru or similar in the corner instead.   

Report Spam   Logged
guest49
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2009, 09:17:14 am »

Sexy  -  if you look at your Union Jack on #9,  Scotlands flag is represented in it.      Grin

For the maori flag to fly on Waitangi Day.  Waitangi-Treaty is what the day is !

I suppose there are some who don't like our anthem sung in english and maori either. 

Maybe we could design a new flag and remove the union jack and have a koru or similar in the corner instead.   

Hang on!
I have a novel idea!
Why dont we resurrect the ½ dozen or more previous threads on the subject, instead of endlessly recycling?
Report Spam   Logged
charlie
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2009, 09:18:58 am »

Given Waitangi day celebrates the day the treaty was signed between the crown and Maori it makes perfect sense to fly the NZ flag and the Maori flag only.

What reference has the UJ to Maori?  Nothing at all.

What do they teach in school these days.
Report Spam   Logged
Ferney

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2009, 09:35:01 am »

What you on about Yak ?
Are you telling me when to speak and when not to ? 

I can repeat myself when I feel like it.    Smiley

Sexy refers to the Union Jack and Scotlands flag.   Scotlands flag is represented in the Union Jack.   

We sing the anthem in both languages so whats wrong with both flags on Waitangi.
I don't understand why some Kiwi's feel threatened by that.   

Report Spam   Logged
Ferney

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2009, 09:37:45 am »

What I'm saying is, lets alter our existing NZ flag and have something maori incorporated into it.   Then we can move on.....and people can  GET OVER IT!   
Report Spam   Logged
guest49
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2009, 10:09:11 am »

I dont think its the idea of the flag as such that is "threatening," its the group of activists with their apartheid principles and who are promoting their separatist flag, that some find abbhorrent.

As I have said endlessly on other threads, I consider we should keep the one we have.  You walk into any RSA and speak to those [both Maori and European] who fought to ensure the right for these separatists [who are not fit to even lick their boots] to rant and cavail - and ask them what they think on the subject.
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2009, 10:11:16 am »

I dont think its the idea of the flag as such that is "threatening," its the group of activists with their apartheid principles and who are promoting their separatist flag, that some find abbhorrent.

As I have said endlessly on other threads, I consider we should keep the one we have.  You walk into any RSA and speak to those [both Maori and European] who fought to ensure the right for these separatists [who are not fit to even lick their boots] to rant and cavail - and ask them what they think on the subject.

Who authorised TE KAWARIKI to choose the flag for maori  anyway?
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Crusader
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2009, 10:29:45 am »

The next time you look at the NZ flag try to notice the top left corner. There you will find your Union Jack.

Again - if you have a problem then fuck off. There are planes leaving NZ every day.
Report Spam   Logged
Calliope

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2009, 10:40:44 am »

Very Good!

You have scored 9 out of 10 points on the
Oceanian Flags category.
Therefore you get an
A
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2009, 10:49:25 am »

For me I dont care about the flag,its more the other things that bother me more Angry

Since it was the crowns Representatives that made the deal or the treaty with the Maori.
How come the queen does not need to pay back the money to the Maori she took over the years in taxes. .

And its not really about the flag.Its more about Hone calling us white mother f**kers. then saying he doesn't care what we think.That pisses me off.

Maybe he's just saying out loud what most Maori MP's really say about us behind our backs.
In which case; this time they want a new flag,then they want carbon credit cash,"what the hell will they want from us next week,"
Is it just me or what;Because l am starting to think of some Maori MP's as blood sucking vampires.

Our government is handing them out our money like a blind one armed paperhanger.Its been going on for a long time now,so when will all this madness end.

Why cant John Key give them some of his money,he's got plenty,what the hells he going to do with it all.
I am sure Mr John Key doesn't need $50,000,000 to live on for the rest of his life. Huh
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2009, 10:59:24 am »

Crusader 'The promotion of apartheid will eventually result in  --- shedding of blood in ---- country'. If you dont agree then say so. Advertise your --------- for all to see.
Report Spam   Logged
Crusader
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2009, 11:22:28 am »

If you feel that way then just go.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2009, 12:14:03 pm »

Who authorised TE KAWARIKI to choose the flag for maori  anyway?

Te Kawariki are a protest group - there has been mention of them going back to the signing of the treaty.  Someone had to agree to a flag for them.  Many groups have a defining flag (totem).

We wouldnt be assuming all NZers like the NZ flag we have now .. many Maori dont like the Tino flag .. however, I see the Tino flag becoming less in your face and more a positive definition of Maori.  Just as soon as the pakeha stop worrying about a piece of material.
Report Spam   Logged

guest49
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2009, 12:22:54 pm »

To some of us, European AND Maori, our flag is more than a piece of material.

But then, I wouldnt expect you to understand that........ Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2009, 12:27:23 pm »

is the Te Kawariki spokesman for maoridom?

http://boreale.konto.itv.se/nznext.htm
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Justic
Global Moderator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2009, 12:52:35 pm »

LOL Why should any other culture be allowed to fly their flag?
This is an admirable decision, couldnt have gone any other way.

Good question LL.
Report Spam   Logged

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2009, 12:55:08 pm »

To some of us, European AND Maori, our flag is more than a piece of material.

But then, I wouldnt expect you to understand that........ Roll Eyes

To some Europeans it is a piece of material that doesn't represent us... but we wouldn't expect you to understand that!
Report Spam   Logged

Stupid people are not an endangered species so why are we protecting them
R. S. OhAllmurain
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2009, 12:58:14 pm »

is the Te Kawariki spokesman for maoridom?

http://boreale.konto.itv.se/nznext.htm

No, but IMO thats like asking if John Key is spokesman for all NZers.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: