Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 09:53:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Maori flag to fly on Waitangi Day

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maori flag to fly on Waitangi Day  (Read 3015 times)
Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2009, 11:25:35 pm »

I am a native to this country    so therefore Tangata whenua. But I am still ashamed at the laziness of the Ngati horowhenua.
They are so lazy that even their flag wont stand out in a windy day. It lies down like a man studying the growth of sand in a hole.
Report Spam   Logged
AnFaolchudubh
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2009, 06:48:38 am »

I am a native to this country    so therefore Tangata whenua. But I am still ashamed at the laziness of the Ngati horowhenua.
They are so lazy that even their flag wont stand out in a windy day. It lies down like a man studying the growth of sand in a hole.

Maybe you should stand beside it and talk!
Report Spam   Logged

Stupid people are not an endangered species so why are we protecting them
R. S. OhAllmurain
Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2009, 06:39:23 am »

oh you beast faol
Report Spam   Logged
AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2009, 11:57:20 am »

I am a native to this country    so therefore Tangata whenua.

of course you are, you're Ngati waewae in te māngai
Report Spam   Logged

R. S. OhAllmurain
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2009, 02:18:38 pm »

I should have known better than to have opened this thread .. Anfaol & Blod .. my wish for xmas is that one of them grows up.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2009, 04:36:18 pm »

I should have known better than to have opened this thread .. Anfaol & Blod .. my wish for xmas is that one of them grows up.

And you're 100% mature every time all the time. My wish is you get off your high better than thou horse and get your head out of the clouds... but I very much doubt that will happen seeing as you are soooo perfect and never call the kettle black... ever!
Report Spam   Logged

R. S. OhAllmurain
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2009, 05:11:42 pm »

I really thought you would have given up beating Blods horse for him, Anfaol.  You and Brownie are about the only ones in the group who still respond to him regularly, feeding him every time he posts.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2009, 03:46:36 am »

Oh boy. A Christmas day feed will soon be on the table. Just 2 days to go. Wont have to bait up for Faol nor even for brownee. I will get back to fishing in January sometime.
In the mean time be happy - dont worry. and
Merry Christmas folks
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #108 on: December 23, 2009, 06:52:03 am »

How many flagpoles are there on the Bridge?

looks like one on each side in this?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c4/Auckland_Harbour_Bridge_Sunset.jpg

Do they bung more up on special occassions?

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #109 on: December 23, 2009, 07:31:26 am »

I really thought you would have given up beating Blods horse for him, Anfaol.  You and Brownie are about the only ones in the group who still respond to him regularly, feeding him every time he posts.

Actually you lie there Lovelee, I do not respond to him every time he posts, infact if you actually look 9 times out of ten it is he who responds to mine and Brownies posts more, he for one started a thread about me, trying to belittle me, go and find were in it I responded... even once! I doubt very much you could really tell you often seem to have trouble reading posts properly... must be the smoke haze!

Have a good xmas auld girl!
Report Spam   Logged

R. S. OhAllmurain
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #110 on: December 23, 2009, 07:40:21 am »

Yah .. Ok Anfaol - whatever you say  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #111 on: December 23, 2009, 07:45:29 am »

Yah .. Ok Anfaol - whatever you say  Smiley

Go on I dare you to go and look at every single post NR has posted and see if you are right that I still respond to him regularly, feeding him every time he posts.
Report Spam   Logged

R. S. OhAllmurain
Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #112 on: December 23, 2009, 07:57:45 am »

Faol for pity sake it is the season to be friendly and courteous. Will you kindly be nice to LL and everyone else in here.
Thank you and may all your Christmases be white
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #113 on: December 23, 2009, 08:03:05 am »

Faol for pity sake it is the season to be friendly and courteous. Will you kindly be nice to LL and everyone else in here.
Thank you and may all your Christmases be white

LOL Blod .. are you another one who is nice to people just cos its xmas?  Therein lies half of the problems mankind has to contend with.  For some random one day a year you ask people to be nice to others?  Why not every other day .. just because .. and if you want a reason .. if birthdays are important .. someone is born everyday, makes a good reason to be nice all the time .. dont you think?  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #114 on: December 23, 2009, 12:12:46 pm »

I shall grant your request LL. Is that every even numbered date or every odd numbered date? - as in your  'every other day"
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #115 on: December 23, 2009, 01:19:45 pm »

This is something of personal choice Blod.
Just seems so hypocratic, tis all.   Grin
Report Spam   Logged

nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #116 on: December 24, 2009, 03:02:25 am »

Harawira says sorry for email and threats
By Claire Trevett
4:00 AM Thursday Dec 24, 2009

Maori Party MP Hone Harawira penned an abusive email to Ministry of Maori Development officials in July over a brochure about the Maori flag, accusing them of "shafting" him and threatening to "go apeshit" and "expose this as a sham" if they did not make changes he wanted.

His co-leader, Pita Sharples, apologised to Leith Comer, chief executive of the ministry, Te Puni Kokiri, for the email, sent to five TPK staff and two workers in Dr Sharples' office in the lead-up to hui to choose a Maori flag.

Dr Sharples, also Minister of Maori Affairs, had delegated the job to Mr Harawira, giving him access to officials and support for the process.

The email was released among other documents yesterday under the Official Information Act.

In it, Mr Harawira had objected to a decision to remove the title "Maori flag" from the Tino Rangatiratanga flag in a brochure which set out the four flags being consulted on.

"I'm particularly f*****' pissed off that some clown has decided to rebrand the Maori Flag as the 'Tino Rangatiratanga' flag when in fact it was actually launched as the Maori Flag." He demanded the brochure be recalled from the printers, saying if it was not, "I will publicly expose this as a sham".

"No shit folks - either this gets sorted out, and quickly, or I go apeshit on Monday - the day before the launch." He said that while in general he expected to be "shafted" by bureaucrats, "I don't expect to get shafted over a project I was leading for the minister".

Last month, Mr Harawira's "white motherf***ers" email to Buddy Mikaere brought the Maori Party leadership to the verge of expelling him.

The July email is likely to spell the end of Mr Harawira's working with officials on ministers' behalf.

In the email, Mr Harawira also complained that the TPK logo was too large. In response, an unnamed TPK official said the advice the officials had given had been "in good faith and in keeping with the integrity of the Minister of Maori Affairs' office and responsibilities".

She apologised for the "oversight" but said there was concern about calling the flag "the Maori flag" as there had never been a consensus among Maori on it. It could be seen as pre-empting the outcome of the process.

However, the brochure was eventually redesigned to include "Maori Flag (Tino Rangatiratanga flag)".

Mr Harawira did apologise to some of the staff, and the day after the launch of the consultation hui, he emailed all the staff to offer his congratulations, adding: "Thanks for not freakin' out when I nut out. Let's do it again sometime soon."

Mr Harawira and Dr Sharples could not be contacted yesterday.

Labour MP Shane Jones said the email would do the Maori Party and the Government no favours.

"The bully-boy image does have a following in the Maori Party but it's most improper for a parliamentarian."

The exchange prompted an adviser to Dr Sharples to apologise to ministry officials.

Helen Leahy, adviser to the other co-leader, Tariana Turia, also raised the email with Dr Sharples, saying the language reflected badly on both the minister and the party and suggesting the MP apologise.

By Claire Trevett

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10617300

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #117 on: December 24, 2009, 04:48:39 am »

Isee that dog harawera has a bad day everyday. Well judging by his emails. Whata f------.

Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #118 on: December 24, 2009, 04:53:18 am »

Hard to believe he has support from anyone.   
Report Spam   Logged
Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #119 on: December 24, 2009, 06:29:13 am »

errrmm Lovelee you need to go to the dictionary and look up the word 'hippocratic'

ONLY a low life maori party person could support him. Or it will be someone he has threatened with violence. He is a right turd who will be using stand over tactics.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #120 on: December 24, 2009, 06:37:27 am »

For what reason would I want to do that?
Report Spam   Logged

nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #121 on: December 24, 2009, 06:40:49 am »

For what reason would I want to do that?
probly so ya learn sumpin new?
Report Spam   Logged

Justic
Global Moderator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #122 on: December 24, 2009, 06:59:04 am »

How many flagpoles are there on the Bridge?

looks like one on each side in this?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c4/Auckland_Harbour_Bridge_Sunset.jpg

Do they bung more up on special occassions?

As long as I can remember there has always been two Nitz.

They used to fly the flags of other countries on the second flag and that was what started the bridge flag saga.

We were acknowledging flags of countries of no relevance to NZ.

Must say they were real talking points as Jafa's discussed the obscure flag flying each day.
Report Spam   Logged

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #123 on: December 24, 2009, 07:24:44 am »

As long as I can remember there has always been two Nitz.

They used to fly the flags of other countries on the second flag and that was what started the bridge flag saga.

We were acknowledging flags of countries of no relevance to NZ.

Must say they were real talking points as Jafa's discussed the obscure flag flying each day.

TY justic. My Jafa punters have also thought there are two: I find the fact that another country's flag was flown on the other pole is very interesting...

As most countries have certain protocol to follow when flying their flag,  I had researched regs for NZ, and seems to me the flying of two flags on the bridge for Watangi Day will present some difficulty in compliance  with all the current regulations.   

You should have heard the screeches in my neck of the woods when the Stars and Stripes flew on our School Polling Place at the second-last election 

Report Spam   Logged

Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #124 on: December 24, 2009, 02:51:58 pm »

Lovelee look it up. You used it  in a post and it does not fit with what you were saying
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: