Xtra News Community 2
March 19, 2024, 02:08:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Paul Henry

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paul Henry  (Read 885 times)
guest49
« on: June 21, 2012, 09:13:21 pm »

Just finished reading Paul Henrys autobio - "What Was I Thinking"

As a rule, I hate biographies, and avoid them like the plague, but I was given this by the stepson, so I gritted the teeth and started in.
What a surprisinglygood read.  I would never call him humble, but the book is written in a self-deprecating style that I found really engaging.  In retrospect, I guess I should have expected it though.

I recommend it.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Magoo
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 02:48:44 pm »

Thanks for the review.   I was wondering about it.    I can imagine him being right up front.    I suppose shyness and modesty don't go together with extrovert entertainer.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 12:36:17 pm »

Just finished reading Paul Henrys autobio - "What Was I Thinking"

As a rule, I hate biographies, and avoid them like the plague, but I was given this by the stepson, so I gritted the teeth and started in.
What a surprisinglygood read.  I would never call him humble, but the book is written in a self-deprecating style that I found really engaging.  In retrospect, I guess I should have expected it though.

I recommend it.

I bought it the week it was released. I read it about 3 sessions and loved it. What I am baffled by is as a Foreign Correspondent - how the hell did he manage to get through all of his escapades and survive? I love Paul Henry - he's completely and utterly unPC. He pushes the boundaries and then some.

My copy of the book is doing the rounds. I have a waiting list of people wanting to read it.

Excellent read!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: