Xtra News Community 2
March 28, 2024, 08:43:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Climategate: the final nail in the coffin of 'Anthropogenic Global Warming'?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Climategate: the final nail in the coffin of 'Anthropogenic Global Warming'?  (Read 2755 times)
guest49
« on: November 22, 2009, 05:47:59 am »

The conspiracy behind the Anthropogenic Global Warming myth (aka AGW; aka ManBearPig) has been suddenly, brutally and quite deliciously exposed after a hacker broke into the computers at the University of East Anglia’s Climate Research Unit (aka Hadley CRU) and released 61 megabites of confidential files onto the internet.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100017393/climategate-the-final-nail-in-the-coffin-of-anthropogenic-global-warming/

An inconvenient truth?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

charlie
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 06:59:22 am »

Gosh. All the science (well not that much - its pretty easy to follow) has to be thrown out the window becuase of a couple of strange emails somebody found trawling through 65 megabytes of email of a few individuals.

Based on the science that I have seen. The threat of methane induced global warming is real enough and my view is based on science rather than e-dumpster diving. 

To me the real scam is and continues to be carbon emissions trading that will block out new competition, make existing big corporates bigger and secure their future, be a crippling cost on individuals, will be particularly harsh on all of New Zealand becuase of or remoteness but will be particularly harsh outside Auckland, makes a lie of the idea that we can catch up with Australia in terms of income. The way to combat gloabl warming is using proactive means such as introducing modern rail and raoding networks that minize fuel use, expanding renewable energy, contiuing to insulate homes and improving existing technologies.

Please don't be side tracked by fake scams when there is a very real one that National and their international corporate's freinds, the Maori party, are trying to inflict on us
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 08:48:42 am »

Charlie the ETS is part and parcel of this 'leaked' information.

It adds to the premise that there is not enough consensus on what is happening.  Dazza can upload screeds and screeds of words to support his theory, if he went looking he would find just as much that dispenses with it.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
charlie
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 09:21:55 am »

Charlie the ETS is part and parcel of this 'leaked' information.

It adds to the premise that there is not enough consensus on what is happening.  Dazza can upload screeds and screeds of words to support his theory, if he went looking he would find just as much that dispenses with it.

I haven't seen any mention about the ETS in relation to the East Anglia University Hack. Can you please elaborate.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 09:25:45 am »

ETS is connected to climate change, whether you like it or not.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
charlie
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 09:55:53 am »

Thats rediculous. One is a phenomina of science. ETS is the creation of  beurocrats (probably in Europe). ETS will do little if anything to reduce the risk of global warming. The ETS will however hurt billions.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 10:15:57 am »

Thats rediculous. One is a phenomina of science. ETS is the creation of  beurocrats (probably in Europe). ETS will do little if anything to reduce the risk of global warming. The ETS will however hurt billions.

Thats rediculous. One is a phenomina of science. ETS is the creation of  beurocrats (probably in Europe) as a result of a perceived need to raise money to fight climate change. ETS will do little if anything to reduce the risk of global warming. The ETS will however hurt billions.

Emissions are supposedly harming the atmosphere, contributing to climate change.
Report Spam   Logged

DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 11:11:59 am »

Talk about talking SHIT... gods.

First of all - the man who hacked this database is a known skeptic AND (more importantly) has known strong connections to the oil industry. He was for many years a CEO of one such company.

McIntyre worked for 30 years in the mineral business,[1] the last part of these in the hard-rock mineral exploration as an officer or director of several public mineral exploration companies.[2] He has also been a policy analyst at both the governments of Ontario and of Canada.[3] He was the president and founder of Northwest Exploration Company Limited and a director of its parent company, Northwest Explorations Inc. When Northwest Explorations Inc. was taken over in 1998 by CGX Resources Inc. to form the oil and gas exploration company CGX Energy Inc., McIntyre ceased being a director. McIntyre was a strategic advisor for CGX in 2000 through 2003.[4]
Prior to 2003 he was an officer or director of several small public mineral exploration companies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_McIntyre

The guy is a self vested pig who (like many others) only has his own interests at heart.

2ndly.
It has recently been PROVEN beyond any doubt at all by the recent so called 'recession; - the ETS WILL work to reduce emissions - it's primary goal.

Links Proving that fact

3rdly.
The ETS opens MANY more doors than it closes - offering both companies and privates the opportunity to generate great wealth by taking actions which are actually good for the planet - as apposed to the last 200 years mentality.

And last but not least - for years now I haven't heard of ONE SINGLE respected climatologist who is in disagreement with the current 'main stream' (fact) drift with regards to human emissions and climate change. All I hear instead is the odd radical skeptic (normally well oil-funded radical skeptic) ranting and raving and trying their hardest to cause confusion among the lesser educated. 

Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 11:18:19 am »

Lol...  was just reading...

It turns out all this is over one word which was taken out of context - "trick"

As in - "That's a neat trick."

So this loopy got himself 61MB of confidential files and the best he could come up with was to remove the word "trick" from it's context.

Now THAT says a lot doesn't it.

Wink
Report Spam   Logged

robman
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 11:19:30 am »

First of all - the man who hacked this database is a known skeptic AND (more importantly) has known strong connections to the oil industry. He was for many years a CEO of one such company.
The mantra.
Do you expect that anyone who would go looking for proof this kind of gerrymandering of the public's perception of the whole issue would not be a sceptic?
I wonder what his "known strong connections to the oil industry" are. Maybe he has a vehicle which runs on fossil fuel..
Report Spam   Logged

I once thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.
robman
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 11:23:48 am »

for years now I haven't heard of ONE SINGLE respected climatologist who is in disagreement with the current 'main stream'
Respected by whom? yourself?
That's because the instant a climatologist makes the slightest move towards relying on facts instead of speculation they lose your "respect" eh?
Report Spam   Logged

DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 11:23:53 am »

I wonder what his "known strong connections to the oil industry" are. Maybe he has a vehicle which runs on fossil fuel..

McIntyre worked for 30 years in the mineral business,[1] the last part of these in the hard-rock mineral exploration as an officer or director of several public mineral exploration companies.[2] He has also been a policy analyst at both the governments of Ontario and of Canada.[3] He was the president and founder of Northwest Exploration Company Limited and a director of its parent company, Northwest Explorations Inc. When Northwest Explorations Inc. was taken over in 1998 by CGX Resources Inc. to form the oil and gas exploration company CGX Energy Inc., McIntyre ceased being a director. McIntyre was a strategic advisor for CGX in 2000 through 2003.[4]
Prior to 2003 he was an officer or director of several small public mineral exploration companies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_McIntyre

]The mantra.
Do you expect that anyone who would go looking for proof this kind of gerrymandering of the public's perception of the whole issue would not be a sceptic?

Not at all - and skeptic's are a good thing in science - however there is a large difference in-between been a skeptic and actively and knowingly seeking to derail the future of the human race. The time is long past for these kind of games - we need action NOW - we don't have time for this kind of shit anymore.
Hell - we needed action 5 years ago.
Report Spam   Logged

DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 11:25:10 am »

for years now I haven't heard of ONE SINGLE respected climatologist who is in disagreement with the current 'main stream'
That's because the instant a climatologist makes the slightest move towards relying on facts instead of speculation they lose your "respect" eh?

No - not me - I'm a no one - respected by those who matter - like the other 2000 odd Independent climatologist out there.
 Huh
 Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 11:28:10 am »

Gee - you will latch on to anything which supports your totally unfounded view point wont you?!

You still haven't answered the simple question - "If not humans - then what?"

I popped that question around 3 years ago I think.

I'm STILL awaiting a sensible and scientifically supported reply to that simple question....

Huh
Report Spam   Logged

charlie
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2009, 11:48:02 am »

2ndly.
It has recently been PROVEN beyond any doubt at all by the recent so called 'recession; - the ETS WILL work to reduce emissions - it's primary goal.

Links Proving that fact

3rdly.
The ETS opens MANY more doors than it closes - offering both companies and privates the opportunity to generate great wealth by taking actions which are actually good for the planet - as apposed to the last 200 years mentality.

Killing the patient is not a cure. What the current recession shows is that it is a very bad thing to have a stuffed up economy. How cynical can you get using using a recession as proof that ETS works. I would agree however that the ETS will hurt at least as much as the recesion.

Meantime the car fleet gets older.
Report Spam   Logged
robman
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2009, 11:51:51 am »

"If not humans - then what?"
What what?.. What is the what? I guess the whole issue has, in a sense, got its origins in human activity. Margeret Thatcher started the ball rolling when she was looking for something to give the Arabs a bit of a scare, I suppose you could describe her as human.
Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2009, 12:01:10 pm »

They not only loose his respect - but there have been instances lately where scientists in oz have wanted to publicise results of their work and because it was contrary to the govts stand they have been threatened.

I have one foot on either side of the fence still, until I see something concrete that tells me this is different from any other time of climate change.  Its not difficult to see there are changes - but will anything halt it or. slow it down?  I seriously doubt that
Report Spam   Logged

DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2009, 12:14:50 pm »

Its not difficult to see there are changes - but will anything halt it or. slow it down?  I seriously doubt that

If you stopped polluting your harbor will it get cleaner?

If we all stopped throwing plastic into the ocean would the 'rubbish tip of the pacific' go away?

What's so hard to understand?!
Why do you "seriously doubt" humans will make any difference?!

Ok... if it was the sun heating things up or a change in orbit or a large impact or a massive volcanic eruption I would have to agree with you... but....

GGGrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

DOH!

Huh
Report Spam   Logged

DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2009, 12:15:14 pm »

I suppose you could describe her as human.

Lol....  I guess...
 Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2009, 12:17:45 pm »

They not only loose his respect - but there have been instances lately where scientists in oz have wanted to publicise results of their work and because it was contrary to the govts stand they have been threatened.

Yer - I totally disagree with that sort of carry on.
If it's based on science then we ALL need to hear about it - but if it's funded by oil, has no science backing and is an attempt to discredit simply to protect personal wealth then it can get shoved up the nearest oily ass-hole within reach.

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2009, 12:24:26 pm »

Killing the patient is not a cure. What the current recession shows is that it is a very bad thing to have a stuffed up economy. How cynical can you get using using a recession as proof that ETS works. I would agree however that the ETS will hurt at least as much as the recesion.

Meantime the car fleet gets older.

Oh get a grip.
Who said anything about killing anything?!

The ETS presents a massive optinuity for EVERYONE.  There's is no way the world will accept something which forces the population back into the stone age - hence the reason that's exactly what they AREN'T doing.

Quite literately - under it you can turn shit into cash or plant money trees out the back!

And yes - the recession did prove very clearly that the ETS will work to achieve it's goal.
Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2009, 12:44:12 pm »

What's so hard to understand?!

Thats not nice.  Its not about it being hard to understand.  Its about conflicting information.  Information that stands up on its own right.  And both sides have plenty of quality data to support their theories.
Report Spam   Logged

DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2009, 12:56:50 pm »

Thats not nice.  Its not about it being hard to understand.  Its about conflicting information.  Information that stands up on its own right.  And both sides have plenty of quality data to support their theories.

No they don't!
One side is supported by science - the other is supported by personal greed...  and it's not hard to tell the two apart.

I wasn't aiming to be 'nice' - I was aiming to explain it in simplified terms... and the whole thing is incredibly simple already.
I fail to see how anyone could be confused - it's very black and white.

Wonder why Rob still wont answer the "If not Humans then what" question?
It's because there is nothing else it could be. Plain and simple.
Yet they still rant and rave...

A bit like a priest - he's fine until you ask him a few ticker questions about god and then it all crumbles.....

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2009, 01:11:54 pm »

Climate change has happened in that past, has it Daz?
Report Spam   Logged

DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2009, 01:20:27 pm »

Yep - sure has!
After events such as orbital shifts, impacts, major volcanic eruptions, solar variations ....  all major planetary events easily observable in today's world.

The most recent was because of humans not having an air quality control measures in place - all the coal which was being burnt was cooling the planet (the soot) enough to bring about warnings of an approaching ice age. Strangely enough a few new laws were introduced and things got back to normal again soon enough.

Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: