Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 11:44:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

The uncontested reign of Queen Sally has ended

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The uncontested reign of Queen Sally has ended  (Read 1218 times)
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« on: November 14, 2009, 01:46:28 pm »

Don't worry she is in excellent health - just a bit put out.

We went to the SPCA this morning to get a kitten.

We didn't get a kitten.

We came home with this guy.

Description:   152608
Domestic Medium Hair
1 year
ARC 3
Grey and White
MALE
BOBBY:…loves a good old chin wag and loves to be around people. He’s still young enough to be playful and loves to chase a piece of string. His foster Mum says “he has a sweet habit of greeting you with a kiss and will make gorgeous pet; playful, lots of character
and very sweet and communicative” …what more could you ask for, when are you coming to meet him?

Bobby will need regular grooming.

He has recovered from Cat Flu and they are introducing themselves. It is going surpisingly well.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 04:49:24 pm »

WOOF!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 04:57:47 pm by DazzaMc » Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
dragontamer
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 05:46:09 pm »

Aww he's beaut sp.

It should go fairly easily.  Him being a boy and all he isn't going to rate on her queen status.  A couple of good bashings just to establish who exactly is queen and you will be sweet.
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 06:55:16 pm »

I was expecting the sort of hissy fit we had when Sally met Minnie and Smudge.

There has been a few hisses on Sally's part and a bit of paw waving but on the whole Bobby is so laid back that Sally doesn't know how to raz him up. She hisses and he looks at her and semi reclines while waiting for the next move.

It helps that he isn't very small. His legs are only slightly shorter than Sally's but he is a whole heap heavier. He also is talkative - something we didn't relise until we got him home.

He is a purry lap cat who is already following Mr Sp around at heel.

His interest in Dusty, he has successfully climbed the bookcase 4 times already, could prove to be a little bit of a problem.

Oh, and any piece of string is in serious trouble.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
ssweetpea

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 07:09:49 am »

Bobby on sp3's knee.

Look out Dusty!
Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 11:23:42 am »

Bobby is GORGEOUS. Sally will fall for him soon. It sounds like Sally is trying to rark him up so she has an excuse to smack him in the face. Yogi tried that with Bailey but Bailey did exactly what Bobby is doing - nothing! He's probably baffling the hell out of Sally because she will really be wanting to give him a serve and if he's not going to react, he is not fitting in with her plan.

I want to climb in the computer monitor and give Bobby a big smooch.

Congratulations on your new baby. He is one very lucky young man!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 04:49:28 pm by Alicat » Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 12:25:50 pm »

He sounds like one of those teddybears with a growl that somehow never sounded much like a growl.

rrrrrrom rrrrrom rrrrrrrrromngaaaaah. Not like Sally's little trill at all.

Mum, just met him. I let her in and called him and he came trotting up the hall and sat at her feet chin up ready for scratches. The moment she sat down he started in with kisses.

It was like that at the SPCA, he was in the room with us for 30 seconds and all the grumbles about not looking at a kitten vanished (the last kittens that would have been suitable went home with the people ahead of us in the queue). He has even won over sp2.

We were not going to get another long haired cat but he doesn't mind being groomed (unlike Smudge) and we already have all the necessary brushes.

Sally is really at a loss what to do with him, she wants to pick a fight - he wants to make friends and play.

I suspect that they will get along fine once Sally gets over her idea that a sidekick should be side kicked.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 12:22:57 pm by ssweetpea » Report Spam   Logged

Ferney
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 08:10:10 pm »

Look at that face!  He's lovely SP.

Your pic of the bookshelf reminds me of a cat we had once who used to sleep on top of the birdcage.     
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 06:16:19 pm »

I think I am going to have to take Bobby back to the vet at the SPCA.

He has had diarrhea since we got him on Saturday. That is without a change in diet. He has understandable been drinking a lot too. I don't think he is terribly unwell - he certainly seems happy enough but diarrhea four days+ after coming of antibiotics doesn't seem normal.

At least he is a tidy cat. The only time he didn't use his litter box he used the bath so it was an easy clean up.

BTW his looks are secondary. Bobby has a lovely personality. Mr Sp was off work sick today (which means working from home half the day Undecided) Bobby was up beside the laptop most of the morning and even stayed quiet during a conference call when asked.
Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 10:45:23 am »

Good idea to take Bobby back for a check up - he will still be covered under the SPCA adoption contract.

It doesn't surprise me that Bobby is becoming Mr SP's shadow - the boys hanging out together.

Does Bobby like cheese? That is good for binding things up when it comes to runny poo.
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 04:52:46 pm »

I just battled Auckland's traffic out to the SPCA and back with two kids and Bobby. 1 hour there 1:15 back. It should take 45 minites each way and we have done it in less.

Bobby travels rather well - a little quiet meowing occasionally and that is it, at one point he was playing with sp3. At another he was asleep in the carrier and sp2 was asleep with her head lying on the carrier.

We have another special diet for him for a week which should set him right. When he does come right we are to mix it with the Hills and see. The vet seemed to think that he just may be a bit senitive to something in the food.

If it is the Hills that is setting it off we shift him on to Iams and then possibly Purrina.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 04:59:35 pm by ssweetpea » Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2009, 04:01:55 pm »

SP - how's Bobby doing now? Has his tummy settled?

How are Sally and Bobby getting on now - all sorted?
Report Spam   Logged
in2fx

Snakeman

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2009, 08:55:41 pm »

Sounds like a nice cat and is a good looker as well
Report Spam   Logged

Steve
ssweetpea

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2009, 05:00:23 pm »

Bobby had his first trip put outside on Friday and was let out again yesterday and today.

For all his bravido he scuttles back in a the first hint of trouble.

Sally is getting used to the idea and hasn't left home. She is looking down her nose at him a far bit. I think she has come to the conclusion that even though Bobby might look like a fluff monster he is really still a kitten - all be it a big one. Sally has learned to stay quiet when Bobby come calling around the house at night looking for someone to play with. He some how hasn't spotted her even when looking on the bed she is on in the dark.

Bobby's tummy seems to be settling down - the diarrhea has gone so he is back on more normal food and he coughed up a huge fur ball yesterday. Sp1 gave him a good brushing with the wire brush to remove more loose fur.

He has met Cinnamon - who he is not sure about. He tapped her twice on the head and she stood there, for some reason that really bugs cats so Bobby then legged it. He met Inky as well and tried to chase her - she turned around and chased him instead. Did I ever mention that I have bossy bunnies?

Bobby is currently chasing a boucy ball (the hard $2 varity) around the lounge using moves that any footballer would be proud of.
Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2009, 05:53:33 pm »

Glad to hear it has worked out so well - he is one gorgeous wee man.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: