Xtra News Community 2
March 30, 2024, 01:36:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Curtis the father gets 4 years

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Curtis the father gets 4 years  (Read 347 times)
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« on: February 13, 2009, 07:50:23 am »

WTF?Huh

Cry
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

c.p
Getting The Hang Of It

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 08:01:56 am »

cool- now the majority of one family are in prison an excellent position for those intent upon keeping their relationship together.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 08:12:27 am »

Only 4 years for the filthy bastard!  TANJ!
None of them should ever see natural light again.

I was nearly in tears when I saw that picture of a happy little girl, taken before these loathsome disgusting animals destroyed her.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 08:33:37 am »

one of the instances he has been found guilty of was when he strangled her with a scarf until she turned purple.

He should get 4 years for that alone.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
dragontamer
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 08:46:51 am »

I hope they are going to make sure he is put in with inmates who already know and hate him.  He should get exactly the same amount of protection that he afforded Nia.
Report Spam   Logged
TokGal
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 10:03:40 am »

Four years!! Is that all??

That's a farce cos he'll be out after 15 months!!!  Angry

That's not justice for Nia, not by a long chalk, I agree with Dragontamer.
Report Spam   Logged
relaxed1
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 01:53:50 pm »

Love when is the link for that story?

omg my heart is heavy just thinking about 4 years for him...It makes me think that the justice system in NZ just under values our childrens lives with these pussy sentences...When you purposely take or contribute to purposely taking a life then why shouldn't it be the same for that person?
Report Spam   Logged

I know how i am and your approval isn't needed
bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 02:05:30 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Lets kill all the warmongers.
relaxed1
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 02:07:14 pm »

when= where sorry lol
Report Spam   Logged

guest49
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 02:13:14 pm »

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4846500a11.html
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 03:02:21 pm »

Love when is the link for that story?

omg my heart is heavy just thinking about 4 years for him...It makes me think that the justice system in NZ just under values our childrens lives with these pussy sentences...When you purposely take or contribute to purposely taking a life then why shouldn't it be the same for that person?

This was the reporters information from the court case relaxed.

The court was told Curtis wrapped a woollen scarf two or three times around three-year-old Nia's neck, tightened it and used the ends to dangle her in the air until the toddler's face turned purple.

"Then he chucked her to the ground," witness Hoana Maria Lee Curtis told the court.

Miss Curtis, whose 18th birthday falls next week, was giving evidence for the prosecution against her father, William Curtis.

Curtis faced one charge of assaulting the little girl with a weapon (the scarf) and seven counts of male assaulting a child.

He pleaded not guilty to all charges.

His daughter said the hanging with a scarf was the worst thing she had seen William Curtis do to Nia during the time they lived together in a one-bedroom Rotorua flat.

Curtis senior had the bedroom, while Wiremu, his partner Lisa Kuka and three of her children, including Nia, slept on mattresses in the sitting room.

Hoana Curtis used the sofa for a bed.

She told the court that she, her father and Nia were the only ones home on the morning the alleged scarf incident happened.

The toddler had just woken from a sleep when Curtis wound the scarf around her neck.

"The scarf was mine. It was a black woollen one."

The witness said her father lifted the child "pretty high" for about 10 seconds, her feet well above the ground.

Miss Curtis threatened to stab him if he did it again.

She said he called his daughter "a little bitch" and said he would stab her.

She told Wiremu and Nia's mother what had happened.

"They just wanted out."

Soon after, the couple and the three children moved to Frank Street to live with Michael Curtis, his partner Oriwa Kemp and their baby girl.

Miss Curtis - who has since moved to Australia - went to Auckland to live with her mother.

Softly spoken, the teenager sat in the witness box screening the right side of her face with her jacket hood and studiously avoiding looking at her father in the dock.

They were separated only by a small table where the court crier and a prison guard sat.

She told of living with Curtis Snr in the tiny James Street unit in a block of Rotorua flats when Wiremu moved in with his much older partner and her daughters.

Nia Glassie was "a shy little girl who cried a lot for no reason".

Miss Curtis said Curtis Snr's treatment of the toddler was "not that good".

When Nia cried, he would slap her "pretty hard" on the mouth using the back of his hand.

Sometimes the child's lip would bleed.

He would swear at Nia and threaten to stomp on her face.

He would slam her to the walls, grab her and push her to the ground.

"She didn't do nothing," the witness said.

About twice a day, the defendant would "walk on over and push Nia's head". The little girl would fall down, cry and scream.

Sometimes, Miss Curtis said, Nia would be sitting outside by the washing line playing with the clothes pegs when Curtis Snr pushed her over.

She also saw him pulling Nia's ear hard and smacking the toddler on the back of the head while Nia was quietly watching television.

Asked by Crown prosecutor Amanda Gordon what she would do, the witness replied: "Nothing."

Miss Curtis said she was living in Auckland when the little girl was admitted to Starship Hospital in a coma in late July last year, only to die less than a fortnight later without regaining consciousness.

After she was interviewed by police, the witness said she got a call on her mobile phone from her father but did not answer.

He left a voice message saying she was a snitch and that "he would slit my throat".

Curtis also texted in a similar vein, threatening her with a "big bash", she said.

Under cross-examination by defence lawyer Harry Edward, Miss Curtis agreed Nia was a demanding child who would grizzle or cry when she didn't get her own way.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4782309a11.html
Report Spam   Logged

relaxed1
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 04:44:13 am »

Lovelee...thanks for that.

that makes my stomach turn.
Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 09:58:26 am »

So 4 years??
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: