Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 06:39:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

What age did you leave home????????

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What age did you leave home????????  (Read 772 times)
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« on: February 13, 2009, 07:47:37 am »

I have friends who kids left home on the day of there 18th birthday or not long after.  The kids reason where there mum was not nice and gave no freedom at all.  Not aloud out etc.  I think she was too hard on them.  She did alow the kids to have friends over all the time so she could keep an eye on them.  Other friends were in there 20's.
I was 21 when I left home but my sis was close to 30.

How old were you and what reason??
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Brownie55
Global Moderator
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 07:48:40 am »

I was 16   I didn't leave I escaped .
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 07:52:45 am »

I was 15 - and 20 years later my step-dad asked me how had it felt to be thrown out of the house  Huh

I sat for a couple of seconds, thinking, and said to him, see?  see how clever she is?  I never ever realised thats what happened, cos I was so glad to be going  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 07:59:35 am »

I escape form Mum because she trested my sis and I totally different, she would get heaps on money spent on her and me a couple of dollars.
The day I left my dad was helpping me and when we finished dad asked why I had not told you mother you were leaving.  I said to him I told her first as she was always mean to me and telling you lies about me.   I felt for my dad really.  It was not until 9 years later that mum and I got close and alot of that had to do with having kids. 
My only Pray with my kids is that I stay this close to them and when they leave it is not through fights.
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
Crusader
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 08:00:14 am »

I left one week shy of my 19th birthday to join the Air Force. However I left school at 17 and a half and went to America for a year on an OE.
Report Spam   Logged
ballasted moth
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 08:01:28 am »

18 went OE
Report Spam   Logged

Greens are really RED
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 08:03:20 am »

21, the day I got married. I was and still am the old fashsioned sort. I didn't live with my husband until we got married even though we bought the house 3 months earlier.

My parents had a rule that we all had to leave home before we were 27. I didn't even find out about that until after I left.

My sis asked for and got an extention as she was engaged to her now husband with wedding date set.
My bro managed to boomarang home again several times after he left, even after he got married. My parents are still scratching their heads about how he talked them into that.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 08:13:09 am »

8 - I got the boot into foster/family homes.
A darling little boy I was... lol...

Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 08:34:56 am »

lol Dazzzzzzzzz
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 08:36:36 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 08:44:41 am »

Were the homes in the sth island?
Report Spam   Logged

DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 08:57:20 am »

Yep - all Nelson/Marlborough and then eventually down the sounds in the exact bay where my family history started in the first place...

Funny how things work out!

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

dragontamer
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 09:00:27 am »

My mother gave me 3 months to find a flat, which meant I had to leave school as an education wasn't conductive to paying rent.

Like kiwi, it took the birth of my own kids to heal a lot of the rifts.  Some will never heal, but her volatile depression I can at least accept, if not understand or condone.
Report Spam   Logged
relaxed1
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 09:00:57 am »

Yep like Brownie i excaped at 17
Report Spam   Logged

I know how i am and your approval isn't needed
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 09:09:51 am »

wow, this is sad.  Maybe our aria was not a good as I thought.  I know i was loved and my trouble did not start until I was 18 and lasted 12 years.  Miss K was born then
Report Spam   Logged

Jodes
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 09:40:45 am »

I was 18 but I wish I'd stayed longer.
My daughter is now 18 and he plans are to build a house on our property.
Report Spam   Logged

Jody
TokGal
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 09:59:28 am »

I went flatting when I was 18 because it was easier for me to get to work.
Report Spam   Logged
Nitpicker1
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 10:29:33 am »

I was 12. Well, I didn't exactly leave home, my father had died and as he and my mother were virtually separated, his farm was left to me and my brother. Mother was left on the bones of her arse, and did not contest the will.

We left my birthplace, Wellington, in 1945 and settled in the Mainland, where brother and I were sent off to boarding school (the equvalent to children's home?) which was paid through the estate. I guess I mentally left home then. I finally escaped from the parental influence at 17 and grew up at 35.

Where I am now is home, but Home with a capital H for me will always be the Wellington farm, and I weep when I visit it.

PS.. Mother supported herself and us (at holiday times) by doing home pottery, She would be horrified to see prices for her stuff selling now on Trademe, and one of her pieces fetched $960 at auction here in Dunedin last week.

Report Spam   Logged
sickofpollies
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 11:33:50 am »

I fled at 16. I would have escaped earlier if I thought I could have supported myself.
Report Spam   Logged

Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus
beaker
Senator
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 05:01:51 pm »

16 1/2 to go to Polytechnic.  I ended up flatting with my big brother... so is that really leaving home?  We used to go home every weekend to do our washing  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

This job is a test . . . It is only a test . . . Had this been a real job . . . it would have come with raises, promotions and other signs of appreciation!!!
robman
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2009, 05:12:41 pm »

Sixteen... "You're going to live with your brother in Hamilton"... Suits me..
Report Spam   Logged

I once thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.
Megan Au
Getting The Hang Of It

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2009, 07:01:56 pm »

I left home at 14 , My mum had bi-polar , I was unable to study or think straight with her around ............My only option was getting out .

Now I can't ever see my kids leaving home , my oldest is 20 and is as comfy as pig in shit ...leaving home is great for developing independence ,  that is the only gift we as parents should learn to give our children
Report Spam   Logged

Some people are like slinkies , you can't help but laff when they tumble down the stairs !
bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2009, 08:00:56 pm »

12 but the old man found me and i had to go back.
Report Spam   Logged

Lets kill all the warmongers.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2009, 08:03:27 pm »

...leaving home is great for developing independence ,  that is the only gift we as parents should learn to give our children

I used to think that - now they are so independent they never have a need to come home  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2009, 08:39:35 pm »

I often wonder but my kids will be like when they get to 18.  This world is so fast it scares me sometimes.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: