Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 08:38:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

950 attempts to get driver licence?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 950 attempts to get driver licence?  (Read 187 times)
guest49
« on: November 09, 2009, 09:48:05 am »

A woman in South Korea who tried to pass the written exam for a driver's license with near-daily attempts since April 2005, has finally succeeded on her 950th try.

The aspiring driver spent more than 5 million won (NZ$5836) in application fees, but until now had failed to score the minimum 60 out of a possible 100 points needed to get behind the wheel for a driving test.

Cha Sa-soon, 68, finally passed the written exam with a score of 60 last week, said Choi Young-chul, a police official at the drivers' license agency in Jeonju, 210km south of Seoul.

Police said Cha took the test hundreds of times, but had no specific total. Local media said she took the test 950 times.

Now she must pass a driving test before getting her license, Choi said.

Repeated calls to Cha seeking comment went unanswered. She told the Korea Times newspaper she needed the licence for her vegetable-selling business.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/oddstuff/3042981/950-tries-to-get-drivers-licence

I think I would be a bit concerned about this if I had to drive on Koreas roads.........  Still, shes done it - which is more than many in this country have bothered to do!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 10:04:40 am »

STILL only 60/100?   I wonder how long she lasts without a crash!  At least they won't be able to call her a dumb blonde

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 10:19:38 am »

LOL Thats just the written part - shes still gotta do a practicle

Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Brownie55
Global Moderator
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 10:52:24 am »

At least they won't be able to call her a dumb blonde

LOL
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 10:57:29 am »

LOL Thats just the written part - shes still gotta do a practicle

yeah, saw that, no difference in the driving instructor's lessons or testing officer's safety during the practical.
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 11:11:07 am »

LOL Sometimes I just cannot see how to spell a word!!  Its always been a thing with me - I remember clearly the first time - was in Intermediate, I was about 13ish - and I could NOT spell 'any'  Huh  I had to ask the teacher - the class laughed cos once a week we had a spelling test of all the words that had been queried through the week.  I wanted to spell it like 'enough' for some reason .. and particle, in that posting did that to me haha - I respelt it exactly the same, knew it was wrong but couldnt for the life of me see the right spelling  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 01:52:14 pm »

It could be just a case of dyslexia.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Calliope
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 02:02:02 pm »

It could be just a case of dyslexia.

Lovelee or the driver?
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 02:07:40 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: