Xtra News Community 2
April 21, 2024, 02:25:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

My daughter wanted me to buy her a car.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My daughter wanted me to buy her a car.  (Read 294 times)
dragontamer
« on: February 12, 2009, 08:11:16 pm »

But she's changed her mind.  She wants one of these:

That's a freaken big Haines Hunter she's driving.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Calliope
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 08:13:26 pm »

I guess it is only a problem if you cant afford it.
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 08:14:08 pm »

.. and you pulled out your cheque book  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
dragontamer
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 08:14:57 pm »

If I'm going to spend that much money on an item, I expect to be able to LIVE in it.
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 05:50:04 am »

As a mum that has just had to do the screaming haka to winkle out the light fingered kid that stole half my little store of lunch money I hope you suggested ways she could save up for it herself and pointed out that the amount required would make a good start towards a house deposit or university fund.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
dragontamer
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 05:59:02 am »

Grin I offered her the deposit for a dingy with a Navman. 
Report Spam   Logged
Nitpicker1
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 06:50:24 am »

My daughter wanted me to buy her a car. . .. So I sold her pony  and bought her one of these: or she woulda gone pillion on  one of these

, dressed like this

Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 06:57:38 am »

My daughter wanted me to buy her a car. . .. So I sold her pony  and bought her one of these: or she woulda gone pillion on  one of these

, dressed like this

ROFLMAO
Report Spam   Logged
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 07:27:07 am »

ROFLMAO  Nits, I love it.

I cannot understand why would not buy her the boa at all.  It is alot safer the only problem is you will have to move closer to the water so she can drive up to the house at night. 
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 07:47:48 am »

I would like a boat. Nothing really big and powerful, just something cheap to run that would go on a trailer that I could putt (or sail for that matter) out to some of the closer islands in the Hauraki Gulf for a spot of fishing or low tech camping.

My chances of convincing my husband however - close to zip. Sad The kids however after the last two trips out to Rangi2toes are far more enthusiatic.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: