Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 05:20:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

OK, I give up. How to upload pics?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK, I give up. How to upload pics?  (Read 247 times)
robman
Shit-Hot Member

« on: February 12, 2009, 06:32:10 pm »

There's nothing about it from the help tab..
Report Spam   Logged

I once thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 06:37:11 pm »

I found this site - http://www.2and2.net/upload.php

You dont have to register - just enter yr name and an email addy - no spam - I just get an email giving me the urls for the link to the pic.  But also, after you upload the pic off your computer, the site gives you 4 choices of urls for different forums.  Use the bottom link, c&p it between the img codes u get when you click the 'insert image' button above.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Megan Au
Getting The Hang Of It

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 06:46:13 pm »

I found this site - http://www.2and2.net/upload.php

You dont have to register - just enter yr name and an email addy - no spam - I just get an email giving me the urls for the link to the pic.  But also, after you upload the pic off your computer, the site gives you 4 choices of urls for different forums.  Use the bottom link, c&p it between the img codes u get when you click the 'insert image' button above.

An easier way is to just open a seperate page at http://www.imageshack.us/

Load what pic you want to load , click host it .............another page will open with the code , scroll to the bottom and lift the code for forums and cut and paste it here
Report Spam   Logged

Some people are like slinkies , you can't help but laff when they tumble down the stairs !
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 06:46:56 pm »

Use an outside hosting service instead of the photo storage facilities within SMF.

Photobucket is probably the best. When you open an account with them, they will give you a massive 1GB of free online storage and a free monthly bandwidth allowance of 250MB. You then create various albums via your account's homepage and start uploading image files. You can upload JPEGs or TIFFs or GIFs (either still images or animated gif files), or in fact most types of image file. Then, you insert pictures directly from Photobucket into messages here, or at any other SMF group, or any group hosted by ProBoards or Yuku or even MSN (if you are still posting stuff there during the remaining week and a half before they are shut-down).

Go to http://photobucket.com/ and open an account from that homepage, then when you get your account homepage, bookmark it. However whenever you log-in at Photobucket, it will aultomatically redirect you to your account homepage.

After you have uploaded images to Photobucket (you can use a multiple-uploader to upload up to 20 image files at a time), hold your cursor over any thumbnail and a box will reveal itself below the thumbnail. It will reveal four different formats of URL to post that photo elsewhere, including inserting images into emails. The one you look for has the image file URL framed with [ IMG ] and [ /IMG ]. Left click on that particular box beneath the thumbnail and it will highlight. Paste it to your computer's clipboard (hold down the Ctrl key and press C) then paste it into the body of the message at this group (or any other SMF group) by holding down the Ctrl key and pressing the V key. And that's it....the image file is inserted into the message. If you want to check it before you actually post the message, click on the Preview button down the bottom and the message will appear up towards the top of the page just as it will appear after it was posted. When you are happy, click on the Post button and the message will be posted complete with the image file.
Report Spam   Logged
robman
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 07:31:24 pm »

I'm getting a headache...... Lovelee's link worked. I take it you can import pics to a gallery?
Report Spam   Logged

I once thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.
bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 07:34:53 pm »

Robman, you cant link directly to your PC so as the others have said, just open a gallery on something like photobucket then copy and paste the forum html straight into this page (or whatever page youre posting to).
To quicken your upload times to photobucket, you can use a free program called "Irfanview" that resizes stuff quickly.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 04:27:53 am by bumphead benny » Report Spam   Logged

Lets kill all the warmongers.
dragontamer
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 07:43:22 pm »

my try

Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 07:44:04 pm »

woohoo - it worked

yea baby yea baby yea baby

jiggy jig
Report Spam   Logged
bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 10:38:19 pm »

whoops....just a bit too big aye?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 10:42:11 pm by bumphead benny » Report Spam   Logged

Lets kill all the warmongers.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: