Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 03:38:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Cult or church?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cult or church?  (Read 10859 times)
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #175 on: November 03, 2009, 05:35:36 am »

He should be done for fraud.
 Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #176 on: November 03, 2009, 06:08:06 am »

Destiny Church 'split us up'
By JARED SMITH
Taranaki Daily News
Last updated 05:00 03/11/2009

Three Taranaki men claim the Destiny Church has broken up their marriages.

The three, all former members, left after refusing to make a covenant oath to church leader Brian Tamaki declaring him the "spiritual father" and "king".

They say church officials worked to split them from their wives, who remain members.

Taranaki pastors Lee and Robyn Edmonds referred inquiries from the Taranaki Daily News to a national spokeswoman.

But a Destiny representative last night called the matters "a domestic issue" and part of the "mudslinging" which goes on between separated couples.

It would never be church policy to separate congregation members from partners who leave, she said.

And one of the wives spoken to by the Taranaki Daily News said the church had nothing to do with the separation from her husband.

Stratford's Ben Evans, 28, said he has not been able to speak to his wife of five years, Amanda, about anything other than financial matters in three months.

His separated partner works with Mrs Edmonds as a social worker in New Plymouth.

Mr Evans said problems started when he walked out of a conference in Auckland after observing "pressure, group hysteria".

"I distinctly remember Pastor Lee catching me in the hall and saying, 'it's all right Ben, we'll look after your wife'.

"She started shutting down to me, emotionally and withdrawn.

"She was arguing with me about Destiny Church on such a regular basis, she ended up saying `no, that's it' and she wasn't going to be talking to me at all."

Mr Evans said while the pastors were friendly on a personal basis, they would then preach from the pulpit that those who left Destiny were not going to heaven.

The weekend his wife left him, Mr Evans said he visited Mr Edmonds.

"He passed on the ultimatum which was either I became a covenant member under Bishop Brian in Destiny Church, or I was going to lose my wife."

Mr Evans said if the church had not entered their lives, they would still be together.

"Without a doubt, absolutely certainly.

"We had some minor issues, but absolutely nothing out of a normal relationship."

When contacted, Mrs Evans said legal advice meant she could not address the whole issue.

"I separated from Ben, it really had nothing to do with Destiny Church."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3024306/Destiny-Church-split-us-up

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
AnFaolchudubh
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #177 on: November 03, 2009, 06:10:22 am »

I hope you are not an excommunicated Catholic hardman faol.

That would account for you to be dressing up in drag each weekend and hiding behind a womans persona as a kilt wearing gynaecologists nightmare.

I'm not a catholic gommie! And you are yet again getting off topic!

I'm not a transsexual gommie and to claim I dress in drag is getting close to being liable, so just take it easy gommie, you might offend someone and being a good christian you wouldn't want that!

BTW gommie we don't wear our uniform/ kilts every weekend, only when we have a parade to lead like ANZAC day, which I never miss as we are honouring those NZers who gave their lives for us so we could have the freedoms we have today!

And that is the 3rd to 4th time you've used the gynaecologists quote against me gommie, it just goes to prove you don't have the brain power to come up with anything new always saying the same old thing.

Ach well guess I really must have got under your skin and really wound you up!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 07:00:06 am by AnFaolchudubh » Report Spam   Logged

Stupid people are not an endangered species so why are we protecting them
R. S. OhAllmurain
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #178 on: November 03, 2009, 06:12:56 am »

Gommie isn't a christian...

Hell - she isn't even religious. 

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #179 on: November 03, 2009, 06:47:39 am »

Gommie isn't a christian...

Hell - she isn't even religious. 

Smiley

he/ she/ it is a Born again, you can tell by the behaviour, very immature, abusesive toward those who don't agree with their opinions, culturally offensive... in short, cowardly!
Report Spam   Logged

R. S. OhAllmurain
Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #180 on: November 03, 2009, 07:05:09 am »

Ok so no more questions about your gynaecologist faol.
Which incontinence pads are best - the one with wings or without. My 90 year old Mom heard about you said I should ask which ones you use.
Report Spam   Logged
AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #181 on: November 03, 2009, 07:13:03 am »

Which incontinence pads are best - the one with wings or without. My 90 year old Mom heard about you said I should ask which ones you use.

Your getting off topic gommie! And have you been telling your mum tales about me??? lying gommie, God won't like that! BTW I'm only in my 30's and I'm a male, so don't need them gommie, tho you should use them with the amount of shite, piss and wind you type in here one would think you up to your neck in it and it was just the depth that veried and men don't have gynaecologists, guess your pastor never told you that in BS on a sunday... I'd fire him and get a new pastor if I were you gommie! Now lets get back to topic and try just for a change to act like an adult, I know its a big struggle for you!
Report Spam   Logged

R. S. OhAllmurain
Magoo
« Reply #182 on: November 03, 2009, 07:30:35 am »

Oh dear !!  Even Night Raiders avatar is yawning.
Report Spam   Logged
AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #183 on: November 03, 2009, 11:23:12 am »

Oh dear !!  Even Night Raiders avatar is yawning.

naw, it's just reguratating the same old retoric! Grin Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

R. S. OhAllmurain
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #184 on: November 03, 2009, 11:25:53 am »

i see we are off topic again ....

wheres the off topic police ?

not doing their job very well are they ....
Report Spam   Logged
AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #185 on: November 03, 2009, 11:30:12 am »

i see we are off topic again ....

wheres the off topic police ?

not doing their job very well are they ....

Quite right NF, thanks to gommie we have got of topic and how dare we, now back to bt and DC, shyster and cult, end of story both he and his church are a scam!
Report Spam   Logged

R. S. OhAllmurain
Brownie55
Global Moderator

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #186 on: November 03, 2009, 11:54:16 am »

Scam /cult it may be but there is nothing to stop it growing and growing...seems to be a lot in NZ willing to give away their free will.
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #187 on: November 03, 2009, 12:54:10 pm »

Must have paid yer annual Roman church subs then NF AND FAOL
Report Spam   Logged
AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #188 on: November 03, 2009, 01:07:06 pm »

Must have paid yer annual Roman church subs then NF AND FAOL

So what part of 'I'm not a Roman Catholic' do you not understand gommie? I would have thought telling you once was enough, obiviously not, I'm not a a member of any church roman or otherwise, so therefore I do not pay a sub to any church!

You are just grasping at straws now gommie! Either get back to the topic or go write in some other thread as it is clear you have nothing better to type apart from false claims and accusations!
Report Spam   Logged

R. S. OhAllmurain
Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #189 on: November 03, 2009, 06:34:09 pm »

I see on the news King Brian has stole some guys wife,and banned the guy from his church because he wouldent take the oath to follow King Brian.
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #190 on: November 03, 2009, 07:10:47 pm »

Reminds me of helen Clarks picture

On his website he's still young
when realy this guy.

http://www.destinychurch.org.nz/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=books.tpl&product_id=23&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=188ndex.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=107:response-to-tv3-campbell-live-item&catid=28:media-releases&Itemid=75

« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 07:47:02 pm by Im2Sexy4MyPants » Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #191 on: November 03, 2009, 08:06:59 pm »

He's got pointy ears
Report Spam   Logged

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #192 on: November 03, 2009, 08:44:00 pm »

He's got pointy ears

Those are his horns
Report Spam   Logged

R. S. OhAllmurain
Brownie55
Global Moderator

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #193 on: November 03, 2009, 09:02:56 pm »

BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE:The Next generation

Welcome My name is Pastor Samuel Tamaki My wife & I are the youth Pastors of Destiny Church and leaders of the Movement youth ministry. The Movement is exactly that “A Movement” of young people who are dedicated to building the Kingdom of God, and helping others realise their purpose in life. We gather in mass every Friday night at 7:30pm at our headquarters situated at 18 Allright place Mt Wellington, Auckland. The Movement is exciting and our youth are always amping, we run numerous programs such as DC Elements - Creative Arts, Refined singles seminars & outings, to Ground Zero Bible studies and heaps more you will definitely find something of interest to you! The Movement never stops moving with HUGE concert events to sports teams of all codes, get involved meet other young people and join the many of us who are on a pathway to a bigger better brighter future.
God Bless
Pastor Samuel and Pastor Kiri Tamaki

http://www.themovement.org.nz/home/

Son of Brian   

Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
dragontamer
« Reply #194 on: November 03, 2009, 09:09:20 pm »

The vain bastard airbrushes his photos.

He's one of those people that when you meet him, you'd just want to call him 'Slick'.

Report Spam   Logged
beaker
Senator
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« Reply #195 on: November 03, 2009, 09:11:32 pm »

Destiny Church 'split us up'
By JARED SMITH
Taranaki Daily News
Last updated 05:00 03/11/2009

Three Taranaki men claim the Destiny Church has broken up their marriages.

The three, all former members, left after refusing to make a covenant oath to church leader Brian Tamaki declaring him the "spiritual father" and "king".

They say church officials worked to split them from their wives, who remain members.

Taranaki pastors Lee and Robyn Edmonds referred inquiries from the Taranaki Daily News to a national spokeswoman.

Did I mention this is the same crowd that has brainwashed my cousin?
Report Spam   Logged

This job is a test . . . It is only a test . . . Had this been a real job . . . it would have come with raises, promotions and other signs of appreciation!!!
Magoo
« Reply #196 on: November 04, 2009, 04:37:08 am »

http://pages.quicksilver.net.nz/mfn-0056/images/brash-iti.jpg Will, Won't and Maybe!  
Is he giving us the bird on his website next o his 'warrior" M.  
Report Spam   Logged
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #197 on: November 04, 2009, 05:19:18 am »

Callers tell of Destiny Church pressure

More former Destiny Church members have come forward claiming the church put pressure on marriages.

Since yesterday's story of the three Taranaki men who spoke out, the Taranaki Daily News has received several phone calls and emails in their support.

These alleged pressure on couples to spilt when one wished to leave the church, and heavy- handed tactics in congregations to keep out dissenters. However, Destiny Church spokeswoman Janine Cardno said it was inappropriate to comment as it would breach the privacy of both current and former church members.

Hamilton's Cindy Johnston, 35, said she went through the same experience a year ago, as her husband walked out on her after the Labour Day conference. "My husband had the church or marriage, he chose the church."

After 6 1/2 years with Destiny, during which members of her family were involved in leadership, Mrs Johnston said they became concerned with the "pressure" to provide constant money tithings and offerings.

Since leaving, her family had been badmouthed by the Hamilton congregation, and her husband would leave to have meetings with them. "We had a few arguments leading up, a couple of months.

"He was very cold, wouldn't talk about anything to do with the church."

She alleged Hamilton Pastor John Ferris told her husband she had stopped paying, despite saying publicly he was not involved in the financial matters.

"That's their main concern, they're still going to get their money."

Another Taranaki couple, who asked to remain anonymous, said intimidation did happen.

The husband walked out of Destiny after two years, and said he was told by security it was "dangerous" for him to come to another meeting with his wife, and they were isolated on their church pew.

"I asked, `how is this dangerous for me to be here'.

"I know their intimidation tactics."

His wife backed up the claims.

"I don't want to run anybody down, but what [my husband] said is what happened,"she said.

The man said it was " a year of hell" trying to convince his wife to leave the church, and the Taranaki pastors tried to drive a wedge so they could still retain a tithing paying member.

"If Lee and Robyn Edmonds were Christians, they should be advising the wives to stay with their husbands.

"He [Lee] did not do anything he said."

Both Mrs Johnston and the couple mentioned heavy-handed security at group meetings.

Mrs Cardno denied any of the intimidation tactics raised by the three Taranaki men yesterday.

"They're talking bodyguards. Every church has security to some degree, but not bodyguards and things like that," the media spokeswoman said.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3028650/Callers-tell-of-Destiny-Church-pressure
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #198 on: November 04, 2009, 05:21:06 am »

Do they just proclaim themselves as pastors?
Report Spam   Logged
Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #199 on: November 04, 2009, 05:22:29 am »

You lot of criticising bastards would have done a good job for Goebbels during WW2 then?

You must be one sorry lot of ugly sods to be so jealous of Brian Tamakis good looks.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: