Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 02:13:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Cult or church?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cult or church?  (Read 11343 times)
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2009, 09:39:57 am »

All churches are nothing more than scams. My grandparents who live in America and a very staunch Southern Baptists that vemonously support giving 10% of their earning to the church have just fallen sick to a point where they need full time care. Is there church helping them out? No they ain't. They don't want to know them now they can't contribute. So now my parents are packing up and moving over to America in the next few months to look after them.

Not all churches are like that. Unfortunately though the wider community does tar them all with the same brush.

The methodist church in the UK that my in-laws parents belonged to did look after them. When they were no longer able to live in there Council house they shifted into church run pensioner housing where they always has someone on site if they needed help. This was over and above what was covered by the rent and NHS.

Many tend to blame the churches for not providing welfare when the role churches used to have in providing such care has been taken over by the state. That may not be the case in the USA with its private health system and lack of welfare but it is the case in the UK, Australia and NZ.

BTOT

Destany Church does worry me. Like many of the evangelical churches, they are so right wing it is scary but that is far from all.

They are not the only church with members in uniform, the Salvation Army is well known for their uniformed officers and bands. Nor is Desiny the only church view every non member as damned. Nor is Desiny the only church with their own exclusive school system.

They are however starting to get very close to crossing the line into a cult. From what I saw on the video footage last night Brian Tamaki himself has crossed the line. The voice in his ear may be his own ego or belong to that entity usually depicted with horns and an arrow tipped tail.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: