Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 11:57:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

I've discovered a trait about myself today.......

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I've discovered a trait about myself today.......  (Read 208 times)
dragontamer
« on: March 03, 2010, 09:52:29 pm »

I'm not sure just where to file it.

I was downstairs at work when a heavily intoxicated woman rocked on up to me and asked to use my lighter.

Before I could react the man she was with leaped into my face - right in my face and snarled "Don't fucken give it to her".

He was covered in swastikas and was also drunk.

I smiled at him and handed it to her.

Now........ I'm not a stupid person.  I'm confident in that.  So why the hell do I bait a swastika?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Magoo
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 05:25:27 am »

I am thinking that the visual of the swastika was the only part of this creep that was intimidating.    You should have given the lighter a flick and held is down by his..... pants pocket and watched him jump back.
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 05:58:10 am »

I suspect that you bait at the sight of a swastika because anybody who has tatooed it on their body is saying that they do not respect your rights.

They might not see it that way of course.

They look at you and see a white face, they don't see your partner or children or your spirtual beliefs.

Those things are always not far from your mind however so a person tatooed with a swastika is literally carrying a big sign saying they are your enermy.

It is a pity that the swastika has lost its original meaning.

Before Hilter and the Nazi party it was a religious symbol in Hinduism, Janism, and Buddism as well as being a symbol for Thor, the god of Thunder in the Baltic. It appears on coats of arms in Europe from Pagan times as well as being hijacked as a religious symbol by medieval Christains. It was also used by the Navajo and Hopi.

Then the Nazis hijacked it to use as a symbol of the Aryan race. It is banned in Germany now.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
dragontamer
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 06:02:02 am »

The whole package should have been intimidating Magoo.   And he was right in my face, waaaaay inside my privacy zone.  

He didn't do anything about me giving her the lighter but walk away muttering about fucken women so it's not as if he was really trying to threaten me, but the point is I should have more caution.  Not respect, but I don't seem to have caution.  I'm trying to work that out, because I'm not one to jump off bridges or out of planes.

And yeah - a quick (bic) flick to the baggy pants might have been an interesting exercise lol.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 06:05:24 am »

OOOO - SP - that rings bells all over for me.  Certainly something to think about.

I showed a 12 year old white power wannabe the original meaning of the swastika - he was very interested, but I don't think the lesson helped much in the overall scheme of things.  Still..... you can but try.
Report Spam   Logged
DidiMau69
Shit-Hot Member

On patrol Bien Hoa Province 1969

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 06:11:38 am »

Intimidation can only work if you allow yourself to be intimidated.

I also had a shit day yesterday, detaining [arresting] one for assault and trespassing two others for abusive and aggressive behaviour. I don't allow myself to be intimidated and it confuses them. Basically you just stay calm [sounds like you did], keep a good operating distance, tell them what is going to happen - calmly and don't back down.

Report Spam   Logged

Walk softly and carry a big stick. - Theodore Roosevelt.
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 07:21:31 am »

Intimidation can only work if you allow yourself to be intimidated.

I also had a shit day yesterday, detaining [arresting] one for assault and trespassing two others for abusive and aggressive behaviour. I don't allow myself to be intimidated and it confuses them. Basically you just stay calm [sounds like you did], keep a good operating distance, tell them what is going to happen - calmly and don't back down.

had much the same incident as dragon's.. finding out about ones self. A carload of hoons stopped opposite our place for a bladder relief and to heave their beer bottles over the bank  I called out from the gate and three of them got back in the car but one stepped towards me.

I took a step towards him, told him I had kids using the track where they threw and broke the bottles, he took another step, so did I, wondering what on earth I was doing that for.

His mates got out of the car and I sort of thought there was going to be trouble but they took him back into the car. 

but I learned something about myself that day, like dragon has.

I was lucky.

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Brownie55
Global Moderator
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 07:27:43 am »

Good on both of you!

but do stay lucky  ok.
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
Alicat
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 05:35:49 pm »

About 15 years ago I did something that nearly got me in the shit. I was working a night shift in the Emergency Dept at the hospital. It was really busy with the usual drunks and hangers-on. Some of them had really got up my nose with their drunken stupidity when one of them pushed things a little too far. I started giving him a right royal bollocking - it started with me striding into the Waiting Room from the Admission Office. I didn't stop the bollocking while striding right up to him.

He stood up. He was well over 6 foot tall and built like a very large rugby player. It was too late to back down so I carried on. Lucky for me he backed down and apologised then sat down like a lamb and shut up. My heart was racing and my knees knocking.

Mental note after that - KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE BEFORE STARTING THE SPEECH!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 08:00:26 pm by Alicat » Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 06:07:12 pm »

PMSL - sorry Ali, but that's funny because I know how tiny you are.   Grin
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 06:35:13 pm »

PMSL - sorry Ali, but that's funny because I know how tiny you are.   Grin

Aye, my 9 year old is possibly taller Cheesy then again he makes normal sized kids look short.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: