Xtra News Community 2
March 28, 2024, 10:54:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

'Abortion addict' releases tell-all book

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Abortion addict' releases tell-all book  (Read 389 times)
Newtown-Fella
« on: October 15, 2009, 09:41:36 pm »

An American woman has confessed to being an "abortion addict" after terminating 15 pregnancies in 17 years.

Forty-year-old Irene Vilar released her book, Impossible Motherhood: Testimony of an Abortion Addict, on October 6, a candid account of her series of pregnancies and abortions.

"I am worried about my safety and the hate mail," she told ABC News.

"No book like this has ever been written."

According to ABC, Vilar has gone so far as to ensure her name and address do not appear on any public records.

Her two children are home-schooled and she will not be conducting any tours in support of the book.

Impossible Motherhood follows her journey from childhood in Puerto Rico, where her mother committed suicide when Vilar was eight.

She entered Sycaruse University at the age of 15, and later married a 50-year-old professor. Although her husband had no desire for children, she "rebelled" by failing to take her birth control pills.

"In the beginning I was taking pills and I'd skip a day or two or give up one month," she wrote.

"But slowly, my days took on a balancing act and there was a specific high. I would get my period and be sad, then discover I was pregnant, being afraid, yet also so excited."

Vilar was warned by a doctor she might never be able to carry a child to full term - multiple abortions put women at a higher risk of cervical damage.

However, the literary agent now has two daughters from her final pregnancies.

"Mine is a story that in part reveals the lack and then emergence of a sense of responsibility when I exercised my right to abortion," she wrote.

"My promise to the reader is to deliver an account of my addiction, a steady flow of unhappiness, the x-ray of a delusion, and ultimately, the redeeming face of motherhood."

ABC reported that Impossible Motherhood was rejected 51 times before being published by Other Press.

Vilar wrote her first memoir in 1996, called The Ladies' Gallery.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10603397
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Magoo
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 05:41:59 am »

As I see it abortion on demand is a form of contraception so what did rebelling against taking the pill prove?   It proves to me she was a selfish and stupid woman under the control of a dominating old pig.
Report Spam   Logged
Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 06:49:57 am »

Abortion exponents must be hate filled one eyed biggots
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 06:51:57 am »

You might change your mind about that if someone near and dear had to have one.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 08:03:00 am »

Clearly its the opposite - particularly if they are using the bible to cajole a woman into having a baby she doesnt want, cant afford, may be severely damaged or ill or may in fact kill her in its birth!
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
AnFaolchudubh
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 09:32:22 am »

No different then to anti- abortionists, both as bad as each other!
Report Spam   Logged

Stupid people are not an endangered species so why are we protecting them
R. S. OhAllmurain
guest49
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 11:02:56 am »

My opinion, for what its worth, is that the only other person entitled to have a say besides from the woman having an abortion, should be the womans partner.
Report Spam   Logged
AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 11:39:15 am »

My opinion, for what its worth, is that the only other person entitled to have a say besides from the woman having an abortion, should be the womans partner.

I guess, if he is still around, cares/ gives a shit and is prepared to pay a share in the childs up keep!
Report Spam   Logged

R. S. OhAllmurain
Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 01:24:08 pm »

Loveleee you are less than rational. Women who have been raped by the K tribe in east africa have not aborted their children. Grow up. Life is hard and these women had no bible influence. Lest face it you dont know your arse from your elbow when it comes to having a tough life. I am sorry to say it but you seem to be a narrow minded self satisfied person today
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 01:50:08 pm »

Women who have been raped by the K tribe in east africa have not aborted their children.

... and whats your point  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 01:54:28 pm »

Loveleee you are less than rational. Women who have been raped by the K tribe in east africa have not aborted their children. Grow up. Life is hard and these women had no bible influence. Lest face it you dont know your arse from your elbow when it comes to having a tough life. I am sorry to say it but you seem to be a narrow minded self satisfied person today

Gommie the Sanctamonous(sp) pot calling the kettle black!... again!
Report Spam   Logged

R. S. OhAllmurain
Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 05:41:27 am »

Your accusations are way off beam faol
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 08:28:36 am »

OO theres that pot AGAIN!!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 09:14:48 am »

Your accusations are way off beam faol

The hell they are gommie, we've most of your posts as proof, tis there in black and white for all to see!

And as for my accusation being off the beam, 99.9% of yours with not only me but others in here are so off the beam they are in a total different universe!
Report Spam   Logged

R. S. OhAllmurain

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: