Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 07:27:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Exclusive Brethren follower guilty of sex offences

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Exclusive Brethren follower guilty of sex offences  (Read 840 times)
guest49
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2016, 11:58:32 am »

Seems to be a rite of passage in these cults.

It sure does. I still worry about Gloriavale - all those innocent children being brainwashed.
You are right.  There is brainwashing there and the leader was convicted of paedophilia, but Gloriavale is a strange mixture.  They do mingle with the outside world and do perform quite broad community services.  As an example, they provide an aircraft and pilot, no charge, no hidden agenda, to take a doctor from Greymouth to the clinic at Karamea on a regular basis.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2016, 05:15:26 pm »

Seems to be a rite of passage in these cults.

It sure does. I still worry about Gloriavale - all those innocent children being brainwashed.

You are right.  There is brainwashing there and the leader was convicted of paedophilia, but Gloriavale is a strange mixture.  They do mingle with the outside world and do perform quite broad community services.  As an example, they provide an aircraft and pilot, no charge, no hidden agenda, to take a doctor from Greymouth to the clinic at Karamea on a regular basis.

Good on them for the community services, but I still have reservations about the intentions and motives of their paedo leader.
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2016, 04:22:26 pm »

This is a problem every religious group and many charitable organisations face.

People who do good have trouble seeing others as bad. The entire Christian belief system leaves Christian organisations vulnerable to infiltration by predators, not just the deviant sexual variety either. Fraud is all too common as well basically because Christians are taught to be trusting people.

I hope that is what is behind the Catholic church's transferring of predator priests rather than pushing them to face the court system. Otherwise much of the church hierarchy is corrupt in the vilest possible way.

My theory is that Protestant churches are less affected by such problems because the hierarchy isn't celibate. Or that most Protestant churches have been quicker to deliver accused to the court system. I hope it is just not lack of media reporting.

Groups who cut themselves or some of there members off from the outside world make their vulnerable members more vulnerable and less able to report what is going on. That is the classic modus operandi of this kind of sexual predator no matter where. It is a crime that takes place out of sight.

One thing that has struck me is that one of the measures recently put in place to find these predators is police checking all workers and volunteers that are in contact with children or vulnerable people. Each organisation has to do these checks, they can't rely on checks done by another organisation. That means that some people have been checked multiple times - I know I have. The thing is that only picks up on people with a criminal record. If you have never been caught and put through the system there is no police record. There is no way of detecting first time or successful (as in not caught or dobbed in) repeat offenders.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2016, 08:39:19 pm »

SECRETS OF THE BRETHREN
(click on the picture to read the news story)
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: