Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 05:34:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Worst PM Of NZ

Poll
Question: Which Former PM Has Caused The Most Lasting Damage To NZ ?
Helen Clark - 4 (44.4%)
Robert Muldoon - 5 (55.6%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worst PM Of NZ  (Read 283 times)
ballasted moth
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« on: February 11, 2009, 07:36:05 am »

NZ has had two bullying PMs Which one caused the most long term damage
Report Spam   Logged

Greens are really RED

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 07:43:38 am »

The worst bullying prime minister in modern times would have to be National prime minister Syd Holland. He rammed fascist legislation through parliament that made it illegal to supply food to the starving children of workers who had been locked-out of their employment by fascist employers taking industrial action against those workers, because the workers prefered more quality time with their families and declined to work more than the required forty-hours per week. It all occured in 1951. The fascist pig Holland (only a Nat could be such an arsehole) was quite prepared to use children as a weapon in a cynical and despicable way!!

And....I notice the current anti-freedom/anti-civil liberties NATIONAL government are ramming fascist legislation through parliament as I type this!! Proof I suppose that a leopard never changes its spots, even over a period of fifty-eight years!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 07:48:04 am »

LOL That vote is rigged.

I refuse to vote.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
guest49
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 08:18:16 am »

The prime minister that did the most damage economically, would be Muldoon, I would think.
He certainly stole all my superannuation funds and transferred them into the consolidated fund, saying that there would always be superannuation for the retired. [Yeah - Right!]  Most here wouldnt remember that out and out theft of a fund that equalled NZs entire operating capital.
The government that hurt me the most personally, would have been the Lange labour government when that arshole Douglas instituted his crippling fiscal policies.
Report Spam   Logged
sickofpollies
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 10:34:26 am »

Shouldn't this list be greatly expanded and then be check boxes rather than radio buttons? Preferably the poll should be in reverse anyway. As in which prime minister has done the least damage to New Zealand?
Report Spam   Logged

Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 10:40:18 am »

The Prime Ministers who did the least damage would have been the seat warmers who got tossed the position due to the elected prime minister karking it, or buggering off before they got booted out in an election, or other such reason. Prime Ministers such as Jack Marshall (who was the hanging justice minister who loved the gallows so much during an earlier decade, while at the same time he went to church every Sunday — he was a church elder); or Wallace Rowling; or Mike Moore. All short-termers who literally just kept the seat warm for a short period of time and therefore didn't have the opportunity (or the time) to do ANY damage!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 10:59:32 am by Kiwithrottlejockey » Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 10:52:31 am »

It does rather depend on your age and how many Prime Ministers you have experienced or studied.

Muldoon's actions in "stealling" the super funds of public servants is definately being felt today. One of the reasons my father, at 67 is still working.
The wage freeze and family benefit policies of the Muldoon era are also behind childhood things like that fact that I never had many clothes and never owned a new bicycle (or a child sized one for that matter) In 1980 I caused the whole class to be without blouses under there school tunics in the class photo. Boy, was I unpopular. My mother couldn't afford to buy me one to go under my homemade tunic until the following year. I never had more than one change of school uniform.

My parents earned just a little too much to capitalise the family benefit to help buy a house.

I will stop short at calling Muldoon the worst prime minister ever because in many areas he was quite good. I strongly suspect that we had worse earlier in the 20th century if not the end of the 19th century.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 10:54:46 am »

The one that did the least damage would have to be Mike Moore. He was in the job all of 6? weeks and most of that time Parliament wasn't sitting because of the up coming election!
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 12:03:32 pm »

Shouldn't this list be greatly expanded and then be check boxes rather than radio buttons? Preferably the poll should be in reverse anyway. As in which prime minister has done the least damage to New Zealand?

Weve had 2 polls so far and both of them are questionable to say the least - both deliberately designed to be biased and both deliberately designed not to give choices, so the designer gets the answer they want.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 02:07:51 pm »

All my whanau say that Helen Clark the artist caused NZ the most damage
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 02:24:11 pm »

All my whanau say that Helen Clark the artist caused NZ the most damage

OOO wrong one - we are talking about Helen Clark the PM  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: