Xtra News Community 2
March 30, 2024, 01:34:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Cat Flu

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cat Flu  (Read 1008 times)
Alicat
« on: October 10, 2009, 06:33:22 pm »

Bailey got Cat Flu last weekend and has been on antibiotics for a week.

Not surprisingly, although Bailey is better now, the other 3 cats are down with it. Holly and Yogi are sneezing a little, but poor Zara is really unwell. She's coughing and sneezing badly. She's on antibiotics now for a week.

Bailey and Yogi do NOT like being curfewed. I am keeping them all inside and warm.

Productive sneezes in my face throughout the night are not very nice!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Alicat
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 06:06:31 pm »

Zara's not too good. I've kept her warm all day but her wee face is wet from the runny eyes and all the sneezing. I had to start Holly on the antibiotics overnight. She's looking miserable. My place is like a Cat Hospital at the moment. I hate seeing them sick - poor wee babies.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 08:57:11 pm »

Awwww - poor babies.

Jaz gets the sneezes with the pollen.  Every year in August through to early October it gets her.  Not a real problem, she just sneezes and looks pissed off all the time.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 07:20:38 pm »

A friend has a cat who gets hayever. He hates it when he sneezes - poor wee man.

I rang the Vet this morning to get more antibiotics and Zara had been sharing hers with Holly. Zara and Holly are still sick but they look a bit better to me. The antibiotics are kicking in. Thank goodness the constant sneezing has finished. Productive machine-gun sneezes in the face in the middle of the night from 3 felines is NOT nice!

Bailey is feeling fine and can't understand why Zara won't play with her.

Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 09:27:39 am »

Zara was the worst affected. She's still looking a bit damp around the face but is sneezing less and seems to be much better than she was. Holly is also getting better.

Yogi was the last one to go down with it. He became unwell overnight Monday night. I could hear a rattling noise in the middle of the night and when I turned the light on could see it was Yogi. His nose was blocked. He left shortly after that and put himself to bed on the bed in the spare room - by himself. That is a sure sign he was feeling like shit. I rang the Vet from work and said, "Yogi's got it now." She said, "There will be antibiotics waiting for you at the front desk." He seems a bit better today but he's very quiet for Yogi.
Report Spam   Logged
beaker
Senator
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 09:06:04 pm »

Hope they are all doing well now Ali.  My Scar Cat had it last month.  He was sneezing green snot.  You'd hear him wind up to sneeze and you'd get out of the way fast.  Thankfully he sleeps down by our feet, so no chance of getting covered in the night.

He's still a bit run down over it (worst he's had it) but the sneezing has gone and he's not rattling in the chest anymore.

Funny enough, Em has never had the flu, but Scar gets it every season.
Report Spam   Logged

This job is a test . . . It is only a test . . . Had this been a real job . . . it would have come with raises, promotions and other signs of appreciation!!!
Alicat
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 09:29:34 pm »

Scar is such a neat name! I saw LION KING in Sydney a couple of times a few years back. The guy who played Scar made me go weak at the knees - he was sooooooooooooo evil ... but I could have easily taken him home.

Back to the subject - no green snot with the Scottycats. They are all over it now although poor Zara had the runny eyes part of it for 2 weeks. Bailey and Zara were the two with productive sneezes and they are the two who lie with their heads on the pillow facing me
Report Spam   Logged
beaker
Senator
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 10:45:35 pm »

Good to hear they are all better.  Scar seems to be back to his usual obnoxious self, lol.

We did initially name him after Lion King, but he lives up to his name in so many ways.  As a kitten he would attack our ankles and feet - we all have at least one scar from his surprise attacks.  He also has an ongoing feud with a cat a couple of doors down that always comes onto our property.  Scar has lost part of his ear and has a few scars from being beaten up.  Scar by name, scar by nature!
Report Spam   Logged

This job is a test . . . It is only a test . . . Had this been a real job . . . it would have come with raises, promotions and other signs of appreciation!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: