Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 07:12:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Wearing jandals increases your risk of skin cancer

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wearing jandals increases your risk of skin cancer  (Read 604 times)
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« on: January 26, 2009, 07:23:47 pm »

THE nation's thong lovers are putting their lives at risk, an expert has warned, with their exposed feet putting them at greater risk of skin cancer.

Dermatologist Catherine Faulkner said thongs left their wearers dangerously exposed to skin cancer.

"Often sunscreens are washed off the top of the feet when people walk through water, so we do see quite a lot of skin cancers on the top of the feet," she said.

People should check not only the tops of their feet but also their soles and underneath nails for suspicious signs, she said.

"The real danger is under the feet because it's not a place you look.

"It's also where you get this dangerous and more aggressive melanoma, which is often diagnosed late."

The other body parts often forgotten when applying sunscreen are the lower lip; scalp; tops of the ears; and the area between the nose and eyes.

Cancer Council Queensland statistics show almost half of all Australians will develop some form of skin cancer.

Sunscreen sprayers, from corporate skin cancer awareness campaigner Suncorp, will visit South Bank today to give away hats and sunscreen.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 07:26:31 pm »

so are they calling it jandel cancer?HuhHuhHuh??
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 07:34:27 pm »

Nah probably thong cancer -

When I first read it I thought .. hmm thongs cause cancer? 

Then it goes on about sunscreen on the feet  Huh

And I thought - WHAT?Huh 

Ohh wrong thongs  Grin  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 07:49:48 pm »

bloody aussie spoken words do confuse the normal person. Tongue Tongue Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 08:37:37 pm »

I think its the water droplets which can act as a mini magnifying glass on the skin, and you end up with a teensey burn that supposedly turns cancerous?? same with water droplets on your car in the summertime, can leave little blotchy patches all over the paintwork only it doesnt turn to cancer it just looks shit.
Report Spam   Logged

Lets kill all the warmongers.
wgtngirl
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 08:39:58 pm »

I reckon lots of aussies will get thong cancer. Wink

Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 06:21:45 am »

I think its the water droplets which can act as a mini magnifying glass on the skin, and you end up with a teensey burn that supposedly turns cancerous?? same with water droplets on your car in the summertime, can leave little blotchy patches all over the paintwork only it doesnt turn to cancer it just looks shit.

I understand that this is how skin cancers become excaserbated.  With a free radical in the cream joining with a sweat molecule and a mutant gene develops.
Report Spam   Logged

bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 09:35:12 am »

Jeebus!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Lets kill all the warmongers.
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 09:44:40 am »

Sunburnt feet  Shocked

Don't laugh - it happens Cry Been there done that - possibly too often.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 12:50:54 pm »

NOOOO SP!!!  Shocked

where you wearing your thong on your feet?   Grin
Report Spam   Logged

ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 01:09:36 pm »

LOL

No, I just fry fast.

Honestly 6 of us went for a walk on a beach on Saturday.

I was the only one with sunnies, hat and sunscreen on.
I was also the only one who got sunburned Angry
Only lightly but still

Being a white girl isn't easy
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 01:16:11 pm »

OUCH!! 

Funnily enough some of those who are members at the nudist clubs are WHITE!!  I mean they dont tan .. dont burn .. dont matter how long they stay in the sun.  In fact I can think of 2 we know, both men.

I have burnt the soles of my feet, walking barefeet through Masterton years ago - took ages to come right.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: