Xtra News Community 2
March 28, 2024, 10:23:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Error 25099

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Error 25099  (Read 2091 times)
Magoo
« on: September 18, 2009, 07:23:28 pm »

This is the error code I am getting trying to install the java update.        It is also telling me I don't have java on this computer.     I have never removed it so can only assume a file has been corrupted since it is in c/computor/program files.
If I open task manager I cannot see jqs.         It won't let me delete the folder and it won't let me install the latest update.          Any ideas please.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 07:31:17 pm »

I had this trouble a while ago.

Have you tried add/remove programs - delete Java.  Use the free registry cleaner

Turn the old gal off - wait 5 - turn her on again and go to Sun Java and download it fresh again.

Clean install sometimes cures it.

Maybe ..  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 08:21:22 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Magoo
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 09:15:30 pm »

Would you believe that Java is not showing on my Add/remove list. Roll Eyes
This has only been an issue for the last week or so and the only thing affected to this point is the jigsaw in jigzone won't load.      All the graphics are there but the puzzle won't load.  The other problem is that I can't use the uploader in Facebook....I can use the browse one OK.           It is annoying the bejeepers out of me.  I downloaded a new version and get almost done and that error message pops up. 
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 09:16:24 pm »

Even tried copying the files off the laptop..which is new and unadulterated and transferring them on the pendrive.  Nope...not a soggy sausage.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 10:17:34 pm »

Can you find Java in either downloaded programs & program files & programs in the start/progams area?

If so - delete all references you can find to Java in all 3 of those areas - all folders etc.

Then download the eusing registry fixer - scan - repair - turn off - wait 5 - turn on.

Cheesy

Then try to download it again.

Java can be a damned nuisance?

Do you have a program called 'highjack this' ?

Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Magoo
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 08:50:15 am »

Sorry I didn't reply last night LL.  I usually switch off around 8.30pm just to prove that I can pmsl.   I cannot find java anywhere...through task manager, ccleaner tools, add/remove or even under the bed.  Roll Eyes    There is a folder in program files and it appears complete.   Everything is functioning OK to date on the pc...except I go to jigzone all is well... I try to load the puzzle and it continues loading until it loads out and I get a java problem... go to java page... check to see if java is on your pc...click the button.....OOPS you do not appear to have java installed.           It will not let me delete l the folders.  It will not let me delete the contents of the folders.     I get a new download almost to installation point and up pops the error message.      Oddly enough I have had the same problem with adobe and gave up on that.
I have hijack this and belong to a couple of tech forums but thought I would try the "brains" closer to home before I try there.        I have googled until I am goggled.

I run search and it found all the folders plus.    I am thinking a reg key is corrupt in which you would assume it would allow me to run a new version over the top like a repair....nah !
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 12:20:19 pm »

I was just working off the top of my head last night, cos I didnt wanna go googling.

I found this just now though, ir seems to point directly to your problem, and is from Java themselves

Error: 25099 during Java installation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This article applies to:
Platform(s): Windows 2000 ,  Windows XP ,  Vista ,  Windows 2003
Browser(s): All Browsers
Java version(s): 6.0 ,  6u10+

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SYMPTOMS

While Java installation is in progress, a message box with the following error is displayed:

Error 25099. Unzipping core files failed.

CAUSE

The actual root cause of this issue is still under investigation. Error 25099 indicates that the Java installation process has failed.

WORKAROUND

Step 1 : Completely delete content of the following directory: C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\ (or alternate directory if you chose a non-default install location)

Step 2 : If Step 1 has permission issues due to files being locked or in use, restart your system

Step 3 : Now, completely delete content of the following directory: C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\

Step 4 : Download and install Java.

Go to Java.com
Click on the Free Java Download button, and start the installation process.

Try that!  Smiley

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/error_25099.xml
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 12:43:36 pm »

Bless your cotton socks.  That was very sweet of you LL.  I did indeed try that yesterday.  It won't let me delete the dam file.  Grrrr.                 Thank you for going to such trouble for me.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 05:23:40 pm »

Are you deleting the contents? Dont delete the file - just the contents.
Report Spam   Logged

DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 05:23:47 pm »

Make sure you are logged in as an Administrator Magoo...

Does your machine have an administration account?

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 05:24:12 pm »

That should fix the "unable to delete" issue...

Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 05:24:34 pm »

heheh yers is 3 secomds after mine  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 05:34:06 pm »

tinny!

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2009, 06:02:02 pm »

Hi Dazza.  Yes I am the admin.   Anyone else touching my pcs get the fingers broken.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2009, 06:16:32 pm »

Ok - that's strange.

If you are Admin then you should be able to delete anything and everything...

Try shutting the machine down and then restarting - then go directly to the above mentioned directory via windows explorer and see if it will allow the deletion then. It's possible the files may have been in use - in which case it wont allow you to delete.

If that fails then try booting the machine up in safe mode - you should be able to delete them then.

Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2009, 06:25:21 pm »

Thanks Dazza... will try that now.
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2009, 06:39:50 pm »

Thanks Dazza...  that did the trick.          I started up in safe mode and deleted the files.           Why are they deletable in safe mode and not otherwise?         I have downloaded and installed java so mission complete..mega thanks.  An applaud for the two of you. 
Report Spam   Logged
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2009, 07:51:04 pm »

Sweet.

Safe mode boots the machine up with the minimal amount of drivers/software to make it run - Java isn't one of the the required ones. It's likely the machine wasn't deleting the files because they were been used when you booted up normally but in safe mode they weren't been used - so the machine allowed you to bomb them.

Glad it's sorted!

Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2009, 08:23:43 pm »

Thanks for the answer.    Don't know why I never even thought about safe mode...der!   I am glad it is sorted too.  I get a bit obsessive when things are where they are supposed to be on my pc's. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2009, 10:54:13 pm »

Eww I dont think of safe mode, I think Ive used it a couple of times but only to see whats happening there  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Damon01

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2012, 10:17:42 pm »

I've been trying to install the new Java 6u11 I believe. But i get this error "Error 25099. Unzipping core files failed." when the installation box says "Extracting installer"
I play a game called RuneScape that uses Java, and it was working fine earlier today. But then a bubble appeared that said I should update to 6u11. So I did, and since then, it hasn't worked. I went back and I think I was able to install 6u10, but the game still says I haven't installed Java.
Any ideas on what to do would be much appreciated. If you need any more info, let me know. But I am an idiot when it comes to computers, so take that into consideration.
Thanks

Is this even a help forum? If not, could someone direct me in the right path.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: