Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 11:34:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Obituaries

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obituaries  (Read 33609 times)
Donald
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« Reply #425 on: September 12, 2017, 03:56:13 pm »

....haha..some bought houses.....other suckers bought lefty fake news Yankee rag subscriptions👌

Hillary Clinton's $2 million pre-election fail

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Hillary Clinton has revealed that she paid US$1.6million (NZ$2.2 million) for a home in her New York neighborhood so that Secret Service would have a place to live after she was elected president.

The Democratic hopeful told Jane Pauley during an appearance on CBS Sunday Morning over the weekend that she plunked down the money to purchase her neighbor's home back in August 2016 to make the transition easier come that November, according to Daily Mail.

"I know something about what it takes to move a president and I thought I was going to win," explained
Hillary said that she still very much enjoys her second home, despite losing the election just three months after she bought the property.

In fact, it was there that she wrote parts of her new memoir "What Happened", which will be released on Tuesday.

Pauley revealed on Sunday that Clinton wrote the book at the dining room table of her nearby second home, detailing her thoughts on the election she lost to President Donald Trump.

The three-bedroom home sits on 1.5 acres of land and is just feet away from their own property.

With that purchase, the Clintons were also able to establish their Old House Lane homes as a compound and close down the street to local traffic only, with their security detail checking all cars that travel down the road.

The home also has an in-ground pool, stone wall surrounding the yard and a large garden, which Hillary has spoke about working in after her loss last November.

I started the campaign knowing that I was going to have to work extra hard to make women and men feel comfortable with the idea of a woman president," Hillary said of her prospects in the 2016 race.

"It doesn't fit into the stereotype we all carry around in our head. And a lot of the sexism and misogyny was in service of these attitudes like: 'We really don't want a woman commander and chief.'"

Hillary also said during the interview that she will not be seeking elected office again in the wake of her most recent defeat.

"As an active politician, it's over," Hillary told Pauley.

"I am done with being a candidate."

Hillary will kick off her book tour tomorrow with a stop at Barnes & Noble in New York City's Union Square.
Nz herald
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: