Xtra News Community 2
March 30, 2024, 01:56:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Getting to the bottom of things

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting to the bottom of things  (Read 1460 times)
ssweetpea
Senator
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« on: September 10, 2009, 10:54:57 am »

This sounds hilariously funny but believe me, I am not laughing.

How many rolls of toilet paper should a household go through a week?
I now have no idea what is normal any more.

Seriously, the household consumption here has jumped from 8 rolls per week (which I thought was on the high side) to over 12 rolls a week! Shocked

That is for 5 people with only one at home during the day.

I think I know who the culprit is but that person literally is not talking and everybody else is saying not me.

I am getting concerned not only about the cost of the extra rolls but the effect on the sewer connection.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 11:29:30 am »

Id be standing outside the door and listening to the roll spinning  Grin

I understand that women/girls might use more during 'that time of month', often when doing #2s they might use way more than necessary to do the job.

Ive noticed that rolls arnt as wide as they used to be - not that that makes any difference  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
dragontamer
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 10:53:28 pm »

Welcome to the world of teenage girls!

Just wait till they bring all their girlfriends around to sleep over as well. 

Buy the cheap coarse stuff - you know, the shiny brown paper that scratches and scraps you clean(ish).  (Of course get the plush satin feel stuff for yourself and Mr SP but keep it hidden and use it secretively), but leave the kids with the stuff that you really don't want scads of touching your private parts.  The usage will drop off dramatically.

Then you can reintroduce a reasonable quality paper and if it happens again reintroduce the crappy paper ('scuse the pun) until the light dawns for the kids.
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 08:11:20 am »

Put a sign over the roll holder.  "If you use more than 4 squares your arse is too big"  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Brownie55
Global Moderator
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 07:39:21 pm »

4 squares? Who counts?   I use heaps and I am NOT big. Shocked

Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
Magoo
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 07:50:51 pm »

I was only trying to be helpful Brownie.  Personally I use it by the yard. 2 ply and supersoft.
Report Spam   Logged
Brownie55
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 09:15:43 pm »

Personally I use it by the yard. 2 ply and supersoft.
]

Aaaah that is more like it  lol   
Report Spam   Logged

Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 10:49:41 pm »

PMSL     Sweets, I had 4 daughters living at home, 3 of them teenagers. We have a septic tank.   When we started going through over 3 rolls a day, we 'issued' tp to the kids. They got a roll on Sunday, and the rest was locked away until they asked for more.  There was some pilfering, and ALL were warned if there was a blockage they would ALL be expected to help dig out.

I only issued two extra rolls ( for reasons only known to me and two teens Grin) and we never had a problem after that.     
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 08:27:49 pm »

This sounds hilariously funny but believe me, I am not laughing.

How many rolls of toilet paper should a household go through a week?
I now have no idea what is normal any more.

Seriously, the household consumption here has jumped from 8 rolls per week (which I thought was on the high side) to over 12 rolls a week! Shocked

That is for 5 people with only one at home during the day.

I think I know who the culprit is but that person literally is not talking and everybody else is saying not me.

I am getting concerned not only about the cost of the extra rolls but the effect on the sewer connection.

SweetP have you considered the idea that perhaps the rolls are not only narrower than the old ones, but also looser wound and maybe
shorter than ?  I wish I had an old one to meaure against them.

I got some on a special a few weeks ago and there's only me to use it, I'm almost sure they don't last as long and I'm so scottish I almost use both sides. 
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Brownie55
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 10:33:22 pm »

SweetP have you considered the idea that perhaps the rolls are not only narrower than the old ones, but also looser wound and maybe
shorter than ?  I wish I had an old one to meaure against them.

i mentioned this to my mum a while ago.   When we were kids ( 4 kids 2 adults)  Mum always bought 4 rolls of toilet paper a week  and we never run out. 
bums got bigger and the rolls shrink   
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: