Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 01:41:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Issue with parents nieghbours

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Issue with parents nieghbours  (Read 2052 times)
Crusader
« on: June 21, 2009, 02:51:19 pm »

I got off the phone yesterday with my mum who was reduced to tears.

Background.

Several years ago, a retired couple moved next door to my parents. As soon as they moved in, they started making noise about my parents trees along the boundry fence blocking out their sun and that they needed to come down. My parents pretty much told them that those trees had been here long before them so they would not be coming down. After a while, mum started noticing that the trees were getting sick and dying. She had to really look after them to prevent them from dying. After a weekend away, visiting me, my parents came home to find the trees had been cut down. She immediately rung the police but they stated there was no evidence to point to her neighbour and they were unable to do anything so she got the lawyer involved to go over and issue a tresspass notice. After that encounter, the lawyer told my parents to be careful because he got the feeling that their neighbours weren't exactly all there.
Over the years my parents have had to endure all their plants on their property dying and when she got a horticulturalist to come check it out, it was confirmed that they are indeed being poisoned. My parents then got security cameras installed but to date they only have torch lights coming up on them and no one is there.
My mum had an arguement with her nieghbour one day by the fence line as she was doing a bit of work. She started walking towards her neighbour and trip and fell with a hammer in her hand. Her nieghbour rang the police and put an assault complaint against my mum as he said she lunged towards him with a hammer intend on hitting him. It wasn't proven.
When talking to my mum yesterday it has no taken a turn. The other day they found corrosive substances all over their house and it was really marking the windows and eating away at the window seals and palliside walls. Mum just doesn't know what to do now. The police don't seem interested in doing any policing and want my parents to do their job for them before they will act.
Mum made the comment to me that she has realised just what the guy Emery went through with the tagging on his wall before he killed that kid. I want to help my parents and am really thinking about going down there and camping outside dressed up with balaclava on and if I see him coming over, chase him down and put the massive shits up him and maybe do something like strip him down and soak him in cold water on a freezing night for a few minutes. I can't stand to see my mum like this and really want to issue a bit of pay back on this guy.

What do you guys think I could get away with?
Do you think I will be able to c
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 03:44:38 pm »

Your poor mother Crusader.What about night vision gasses/camera? Surely if they are filmed breaking the law the police will have to do something. Will the Health Dept do anything, poisons and corrosive substances must be dangerous to your parents health, as well as the fuckwit applying it.

I can understand you wanting to visit and deal to him, but if the lawyer is right and he's mentally unbalanced, you could be putting them in more danger.
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Magoo
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 04:06:53 pm »

What an awful situation for your poor parents.     What about a CCTV camera?  Sit them out with a video camera.    If you can get evidence of them doing something, even being on the property to give to the police.     A guard dog?
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 05:11:31 pm »

Can you or your parents get some background on these people?  Do they make a habit of attacking their neighbours (this kind of ongoing warfare seems to be something that would be typical of them rather than extreme, or else it would have stopped at the trees - sorry - I have tree issues of my own so there isn't a lot of sympathy with trees, but ongoing harassment and damage is a completely different story).

CAB offer free legal advice.  And the cops need to assess the damage and see what has been applied to the house and any connection to the neighbour included/excluded by proper investigation.  Not a shrug of the shoulders and disinterest.  Your parents or yourself need to put a rocket under the local cops.

Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Senator
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 05:40:01 pm »

The damage to the house should be able to be claimed on insurance. If the problem is bad enough or reoccured the insurance company may assist in investigating but that may be a long shot.

One of the unforturnate effects of the Privacy Act is that your parents will find it difficult if not impossible to findout about any mental health issues involved unless that information is volunteered by the neighbours or a close relitive.

Is this damage occuring at night or during the day? During the day it is easier to capture on camera.

What about other neighbours?
Are they having similar problems or are they at home when your parents are not and able to see what is going on?

Many home video cameras these days have a night vision fuction that good enough to see detail in low light or normal sensor lights could be used to light an area where the camera can see, like the main or logical access into the property.

As no doubt your parents know, Roundup damage doesn't show for a couple of weeks. There is no instant die off the plants don't even look sick for a good 10 days or more then they up and die. We have been using it to keep invaiding plant life from the undeveloped sections behind us under control for years.

Untimately a big fence and locked gate maybe the only practical option and cheaper than cameras. That would stop an elderly person. my grand mother used to use an electric fence to keep horses in the paddock behind her house from pruning her garden over the fence.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Crusader
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 09:43:26 pm »

They already have cameras around their house but this guy is way too smart. Knows exactly where they are and toys with my parents with strobing flashlights going past the cameras every now and then.
They did a background check on him and found he worked with corresive substances for 40 years. But it is still not enough for the cops that are proberly too busy chasing down people doing 10km over the speed limit rather than sorting out something that requires real police work.
My wife has a good friend who is a lawyer so we are going to ask him what could be done when he gets back in the country next week.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 09:55:02 pm »

Crusader - you dont say how old your Mum & Dad are.  This is something that has the potential to make them ill.  Id be inclined to go and stay - forget the balaclava etc - your presence might be enough to quell things for a while.

The problem is - the cops wont do anything unless they have proof - realistically they wont do bugger all until a human is harmed.

A neighbour of ours here has had a tree cut down - a witness saw it happening - but it took threats to go to the local cops boss before he would do anything.

You can get CCTVs which are night sensitive I know you have cams up - but changing to night sensitive ones might help (or use both) - and driveway alarms are good too (they can be used in all sorts of places) - buy Mum a diary so she can note down times and dates that things occur.

Get them a big dog as an alarm too  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
dragontamer
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 11:05:51 pm »

My brother has a driveway alarm that is brilliant.

It is the sound of a pump action being loaded, right beside your left ear.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 08:35:22 am »

My brother has a driveway alarm that is brilliant.

It is the sound of a pump action being loaded, right beside your left ear.

OMG Where did he get that from - I want one!!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Crusader
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 06:37:31 pm »

I emailed Judith Collins and CC'd Phil Goff and Garth McVicar the other day on this issue and asked her why is it when you report a crime such as theft from your home the police will actually do some policing and investigate the theft, but when it is proven that malicious damage to your property is happening they won't do anything unless you provide evidence of the person committing the act.
I also explained to her that this attitude is potentially dangerous, as it forces an individual into a corner to possibly committing an illegal act to stop the problem when the police won't act.
I got a response today that she has asked officials for advice on the matter.
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 06:48:01 pm »

Let us hope there is a positive response from this and quickly.   Good for you Crusader.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 08:48:44 pm »

HMM Crusader - I know a journalist who is always interested in investigating matters in policing.

If you are interested  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Crusader
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 09:08:26 pm »

I may take you up on that offer Lovelee. I'll wait until I hear back with what she has to say after she has recieved her 'advice.'
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009, 09:59:34 pm »

Wink
Report Spam   Logged

dragontamer
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2009, 11:03:04 pm »

Sometimes the cops need a reminder that they don't get to pick and choose. 

I had a run in with a big wig gang leader down here.  The cops words to me were "He's a wanker, we expect him to act like a wanker". and were going to let it go.  One letter, sent to MP's Minister of Police, the Police Commissioner, Area Commander and local commander soon got it through their heads that I wasn't happy with that.

I got my conviction.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 09:23:18 am »

We have another happening here too - cars through the village late at night are suspicious and always noted.  I saw one last Thursday night.  Same night a house 3 doors down had a jetski stolen, it was chained to a tree on the property.

Whats today?  Friday?  One week later - the owner has left a message on the local cops phone, hes had no reply and the cop hasnt been out here to check it out.  ARSEHOLES!
Report Spam   Logged

Crusader
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009, 07:09:05 am »

I met my parents neighbours for the first time in the weekend whilst I was down there helping my dad chop the trees along the fence line down.
One of the trees fell and a couple of small branches went over the fence clipping one of their small trees snapping it. They came out to have a go and unfortunately I let my temper get the better of me and unleashed a torrent of abuse towards them and threatened to pay them a personal visit if I ever hear them upsetting my parents again.
I'm now just waiting for the phone call from the police and/or their lawyer.
Report Spam   Logged
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2009, 07:17:58 am »

Crusader  - do you know their names and street address?
Not your parents - but the neighbors...

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Crusader
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 07:37:53 am »

Yep
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2009, 07:41:14 am »

Shame you did that Crusader however the urge to protect ones old darlings can evoke strong feelings.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2009, 09:02:28 am »

I met my parents neighbours for the first time in the weekend whilst I was down there helping my dad chop the trees along the fence line down.
One of the trees fell and a couple of small branches went over the fence clipping one of their small trees snapping it. They came out to have a go and unfortunately I let my temper get the better of me and unleashed a torrent of abuse towards them and threatened to pay them a personal visit if I ever hear them upsetting my parents again.
I'm now just waiting for the phone call from the police and/or their lawyer.

Nah I reckon you did the right thing.  There is only one way to deal with bullies and thats up front!

Accolades & respect Crusader!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: