Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 08:42:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Michael Laws accused of 'bullying' pupils

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Michael Laws accused of 'bullying' pupils  (Read 3141 times)
Justic
Global Moderator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #100 on: September 08, 2009, 09:41:03 am »

One thing about Laws, he says what he thinks.  He says what a vast number of people are too frightened to say because of the political correctness endemic in our society.

That's why I think he would make a better activist than a Mayor.

I'm not sure that all opposing views are PC though.  But it's a great way for others to dismiss/discredit them, or try to.
Report Spam   Logged

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #101 on: September 08, 2009, 09:44:27 am »

One thing about Laws, he says what he thinks.  He says what a vast number of people are too frightened to say because of the political correctness endemic in our society.

Like Pauline Hanson - if he took his opinions to the political arena he'd fall flat on his smirking face  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
guest49
« Reply #102 on: September 08, 2009, 10:03:26 am »

Like Pauline Hanson - if he took his opinions to the political arena he'd fall flat on his smirking face  Grin

Bad analogy there, she was elected by a landslide until a couple of corrupt opposition pollies railroaded her to prison. [she was later vindicated by the court of appeal]
She got 53% of the vote in her initial election, in spite of all the political hacks screaming racist, and 33% in a subsequent election - more than any other candidate - it was the preferential electoral system that kept her out on that occasion.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #103 on: September 08, 2009, 10:13:45 am »

Irrelevant what happened she says what a vast number of people, in this case Aussies, are too frightened to say because of the political correctness endemic in their society.

Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
guest49
« Reply #104 on: September 08, 2009, 11:23:07 am »

Oh absolutely.  I misunderstood what you said. [I think]
Unlike Queensland, I dont think we have courts here corrupt enough for a pollie to manage to railroad Laws into prison though.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #105 on: September 08, 2009, 11:27:08 am »

LOL
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2009, 02:54:57 pm »

Letter: Laws pushed me too far

Letters to the Editor - The Dominion Post | Tuesday, 08 August 2009

I'm like many of the silent majority who read daily, but seldom take part in the news. However, the latest antics of Wanganui Mayor Michael Laws have pushed me too far.

I've read his opinions in a weekend paper for several years now so feel perfectly qualified to judge him by his own words.

His words are like poison. He might be very intelligent and articulate but that doesn't make his opinions just or truthful.

His hypocrisy knows no bounds, his arrogance masks his ignorance, and his righteousness veils his racism.

Almost everything he writes is fuelled by his own fear and hate, and fuels the fear and hate of his like. I pity his and their compassionless hearts.

By his own condemning logic, he should be sacked for allowing his poisonous bile to flourish.

I am Pakeha — not angry — just ashamed of the likes of Mr Laws.

JEFF BOONEN
Paekakariki

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/opinion/letters-to-the-editor/2842743/Letter-Laws-pushed-me-too-far
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2009, 08:26:51 am »

A group of Otaki primary school pupils have been honoured by Race Relations Commissioner Joris de Bres for acting with dignity in dealing with criticism from Wanganui Mayor Michael Laws.

The pupils, aged 11 to 13, at Otaki School's kura kaupapa unit, were upset with an angry reply from Mr Laws, whom they wrote to in August urging him to insert the letter "h" in Wanganui.

Mr de Bres presented the girls with certificates yesterday to honour their stance.

"Your message to stand up for yourself is clear. You acted with real dignity and calm and quietly stood up for what you thought when dealing with such rubbish from Wanganui's mayor.

"There has been a huge response from around the country for what you did. I hope the minister in charge of this issue will decide to correct the spelling," Mr de Bres said.

He believed the way they had dealt with criticism was an example for everyone in New Zealand.

Ngarui Wihongi-Manukau, Rautini Thompson, Maria Logan-Richards, Amokura Rangiheueu, Teina Davis and Te Rangiamohia Nikora-Davis were disappointed Mr Laws had failed to respond to issues they had raised about the spelling of the town and asked him to apologise.

His reply had said: "There are so many deficiencies of both fact and logic in your letters I barely know where to start. When your class starts addressing the real issues of Maoridom – particularly the appalling rate of child abuse and child murder within Maori society, then I will take the rest of your views seriously."

"He sounded angry, it was like he was not listening to us because of things happening with our people," Maria said.

Mr Laws later asked the students to afternoon tea in his mayoral office saying, "If the impression was ... I was somehow 'bullying' in my reply, I want to assure you it was the last thing from my mind."

The girls declined the offer.

Although shy about receiving the honour, the girls said they were pleased they had stood up for themselves and would do so again.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2996425/Certificates-for-pupils-who-stood-up-to-Laws
Report Spam   Logged

guest49
« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2009, 09:00:52 am »

I think Laws should be taken out and hung on the Gibbet.  De Bres could then don his white coat of moral indignation and lead a multitude of the politically correct in circling it with flaming torches in their hands.
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2009, 09:33:33 am »

Meanwhile in Mongolia rounding up students for his free education project, Tim Shadbolt will have to find some oil to pour on troubled water on his patch too.

Drama student had been warned before
By SHANE COWLISHAW
The Southland Times
Last updated 05:00 24/10/2009

An SIT drama student who subjected a group of junior James Hargest College pupils to an offensive performance with racial overtones had been warned about his material before.

SIT chief executive Penny Simmonds said the student had performed a monologue at a lunch-time show at Centrestage in Invercargill on Thursday that was deemed inappropriate by the tutor and stopped immediately.

Mrs Simmonds confirmed SIT was dealing with a complaint about a racist comment and said the student involved had been warned before about his material.

"He had performed something similar before and the tutor had talked to him, I understand, about it, assuring all materialused was appropriate," she said.

Mrs Simmonds said the matter was being dealt with by the head of faculty and she could not comment on what disciplinary action the student may face.

James Hargest associate principal Nadia Rose said an apology had been extended and accepted, but it was a "real shame" something like this had ruined the show

http://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-times/news/2996622/Drama-student-had-been-warned-before
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2009, 10:00:29 am »

once upon a time it was called defamation ....

now its called being racial or culturally offensive or just plain old offensive ...

time me thinks for some people/groups to grow some balls and toughen up ...

and what is de Bres doing ?

did the girls write to him complaining or is de Bres stirring the pot .... ?

de Bres is an activist from way way back himself ... http://newzeal.blogspot.com/2006/10/who-is-joris-de-bres.html

Report Spam   Logged
DidiMau69
Shit-Hot Member

On patrol Bien Hoa Province 1969

« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2009, 10:51:56 am »

Time for Joris De Bres to go. A political appointee, he's past his use by date.

He is misusing his position to pursue his own PC agenda. He also got involved in the Hijab in court debate and made outlandish statements without investigation.

Report Spam   Logged

Walk softly and carry a big stick. - Theodore Roosevelt.
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2009, 10:57:41 am »

so these are the kids who have received a "gold star" from Joris de Bres

the same kids who appear in a photo wearing moko ...

H IS FOR HONOURED: Otaki School kids received certificates from Joris de Bres after writing a letter to Wanganui Mayor Michael Laws about changing the name of Wanganui to Whanganui. From left, Rautini Thompson, Maria Logan-Richards, Amokura Rangiheuea gather round Mr de Bres

if these are real then their parents need stringing up as you cant be tattooed in NZ before you are 18

You can have a tattoo before 18 but you will ask you to get your parents' consent if you are under 18
http://www.cab.org.nz/lowdown/legalages.html
Report Spam   Logged
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2009, 11:05:23 am »

Awards for students a 'joke' - Michael Laws

Wanganui Mayor Michael Laws says an award given to a group of Otaki primary school pupils for standing up to him is a joke.

The seven girls, aged 11-13, were yesterday given certificates by Race Relations Commissioner Joris de Bres.

In August they wrote to Mr Laws in Maori to say they were annoyed he was opposed to adding an "h" to Wanganui.

Mr Laws responded by suggesting their teacher should be sacked and the students should learn to control their anger.

He said they should address the "real issues of Maoridom" before he would take their views seriously.

Mr de Bres yesterday presented the girls with certificates and said they acted "with real dignity and calm and quietly stood up for what you thought when dealing with such rubbish from Wanganui's mayor", the Dominion Post reported.

Mr Laws today called for the sacking of Mr de Bres, calling him an "unelected, liberal stooge" and the award a joke.
"He has no interest in mediating between the races -- he has every interest in advancing his politically correct and biased views."

Mr Laws cited polls conducted by the New Zealand Herald, YahooXtra and TV3, following his stoush with the students, in which he received the majority of public support.

The Geographic Board has recommended the "h" be restored but the final decision lies with Land Information Minister Maurice Williamson.

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/6383714/awards-for-students-a-joke-michael-laws/
Report Spam   Logged
guest49
« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2009, 11:54:36 am »

Awards for students a 'joke' - Michael Laws

If de Bres didnt have any ability to influence policy, I would classify him as a joke.
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #115 on: October 24, 2009, 12:02:51 pm »

Michael Laws is the joke.

I was highly amused the other afternoon to hear Willie Jackson on Radio Live refer to Michael Laws as a wanker. Excellent stuff when you have one announcer on a radio station use that term to describe another announcer on the same radio station.

Mind you....Willie was merely telling the truth. There's nothing wrong with telling the truth, is there?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2009, 12:04:04 pm »

if these are real then their parents need stringing up as you cant be tattooed in NZ before you are 18

You can have a tattoo before 18 but you will ask you to get your parents' consent if you are under 18

DUH!!

Ever hear of stick-on tattoos?

DUH!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Newtown-Fella
« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2009, 01:30:04 pm »

DUH!!

Ever hear of stick-on tattoos?

DUH!!!

DUH idiot brain read what i said ...

did i say they were real ?

DUH .....

Report Spam   Logged
guest49
« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2009, 01:33:20 pm »

If willy jackson was bullshit [instead of spouting it] he would be covering the entire rodeo grounds.

Like many people, Laws talks rubbish some of the time and sense some of the time.
Whatever he is speaking, he is immensly more preferable to [small] willie Jackson
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #119 on: October 24, 2009, 02:20:12 pm »

A group of Otaki primary school pupils have been honoured by Race Relations Commissioner Joris de Bres for acting with dignity in dealing with criticism  from Wanganui Mayor Michael Laws.
Report Spam   Logged
bennyboo
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2009, 02:55:42 pm »

The Geographic Board has recommended the "h" be restored but the final decision lies with Land Information Minister Maurice Williamson.

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/6383714/awards-for-students-a-joke-michael-laws/

If Laws was really being honest he would have explained the decision process despite his personal views... assuming he knew what the process is - or does he think democracy begins and ends with him?
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2009, 03:04:11 pm »

When the Minister of Land Information goes with “Whanganui” the entertainment and amusement value of Michael Laws frothing at the mouth and publicly losing the plot will be absolutely priceless....Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2009, 03:10:16 pm »

I think the entertainment value is right here. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest49
« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2009, 03:46:57 pm »

or does he think democracy begins and ends with him?

Errrr,
The people of Wanganui, who voted 80% to keep the name of their town the way it is, I think.........
Report Spam   Logged
guest49
« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2009, 03:52:02 pm »

When the Minister of Land Information goes with “Whanganui” the entertainment and amusement value of Michael Laws frothing at the mouth and publicly losing the plot will be absolutely priceless....Grin

Its a foregone conclusion that the politicly correct decision will be made to ratify the stacked boards recommendation.
The hilarious thing would be watching all those here that wish to over-ride the wishes of the citizens of Wanganui, frothing at the mouth in the unlikely event the minister grows a pair and keeps the name as it is. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: