Xtra News Community 2
April 16, 2024, 07:50:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Auckland woman dragged 130m in bag snatching

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Auckland woman dragged 130m in bag snatching  (Read 117 times)
Calliope
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

If music be the food of love, play on

« on: February 07, 2009, 09:13:53 pm »

A woman was dragged about 130m by a car as she wrestled to keep her handbag from a bag snatcher in Auckland today, say police.

The 45-year-old was walking through the Trident Tavern car park in Panmure about 4.40pm when an occupant of a vehicle grabbed her handbag, said Detective Sergeant Mark Cullimore of Auckland Central CIB.

She was dragged about 130m by the car as the two wrestled for the bag.

The woman suffered severe grazing and bruising to her legs and arms and was quite shaken by the attack, Mr Cullimore said.

She was taken to an Accident and Emergency Centre for treatment.

There was only a vague description of her attacker, who was described as having dark skin and being in a dark coloured car, he said.

Police were keen to hear from any witnesses to the incident.

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/5306365
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 09:27:02 pm »

To be really honest - if someone was to try and snatch my bag, I'd prob'ly let them have it. It'd be a real PITA to cancel all my cards and get a new license but it's only a bag Shocked (unless of course I'd just pulled my life savngs from the bank *snort* all $5.00 or so)

Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Calliope
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 09:30:55 pm »

I think if someone tried to grab my handbag I'd bash him with it.
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 09:36:15 pm »

LOL  I was put off doing that at 5 years old. My wee boyfriend at the time gave me an openmouthed kiss (YUK) so I swung and whacked him with my schoolbag (in those days it was one of those huge satchel things) Only   --  I'd forgotten I had my skates in it LOL

I move back to my home town 5 years ago to find that he was                                        Gay Shocked
(I still cringe - just in case it was me)
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 10:23:14 pm »

hahahahaha  Shef,  are you gonna asked him.   roflmao.   that is so funny.
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: