Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 08:51:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

receipts needed pleaseeeeeeeeeee

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: receipts needed pleaseeeeeeeeeee  (Read 916 times)
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« on: July 07, 2009, 09:40:33 am »

I am on a six month to a year waiting list to get my gallbladder out and need some no fat no dairy receipts please.
I can use most sauces so that is a good thing.  Any meat i have i need to remove all fat before cooking etc.

thanks
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 10:35:40 am »

Grin

You want us to send you the dockets when we buy something?
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
ssweetpea
Senator
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 12:10:55 pm »

I take it that you are after low fat or fat free recipes?

This is something I am very familiar with, my gall bladder had to come out in a bit of a hurry 8 years ago.

Going low fat is easier than it sounds, basically because your body will tell you about it if you slip up badly.

Firstly: get yourself a good non-stick frying pan. If you must use fat or oil in one of these to fry something a tablespoon will do.
Secondly: Learn to love your grill. Grill your meat on a rack instead of frying in a pan. Those frozen crumbed or battered fish fillets grill nicely as well.
Thirdly: Roasting, roast vegetables by tossing in a tablespoon of oil then putting in a dry roasting pan in the oven or just give then a quick spray with one of those areosole cans of oil. The result is as good as using fat depending on the type of potatoes you use. Roast you meat on a rack with a dish underneath to catch the drippings and that chicken doesn't need to be cooked in its skin.

Other hints:
Mash potatoes with milk (pref non-fat) and not butter or marg. They will be just as fluffy and the flavour difference isn't noticed by a lot of people.
Filo pastry can be layered together by brushing with milk or even water instead of oil or melted butter.
Buy good quality mince or drain the fat off while browning.
Remember cakes and biscuits are treat foods and not for every day.

Oven wedges:
Scrub potatoes and cut into wedges. Either lay on an oven tray and spray with cooking oil for plain wedges or toss in a tablespoon of oil with chicken stock power or spice mix and salt then spead out on an oven tray. Bake at 220C for 30mins or until cooked through and slightly crispy. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
GreenThumb
Getting The Hang Of It

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 12:34:22 pm »

http://www.easycook.com.au/
ive got the 717 model and theyre great for cooking in.
Report Spam   Logged
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 09:20:15 pm »

Thanks so much Sweet, that really helps.

Green,  I have one of them and everyone has loved what I  have cooked so far.  Even did chops the other night and they where very tasty.

It is amazing how fast you can tell if you have eaten something that does not agree with you.  And even kids are not complaining about new way food is cooked or what not is in the cupboards.
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: