Xtra News Community 2
March 30, 2024, 12:09:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Intersection accidents

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Intersection accidents  (Read 1083 times)
dragontamer
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2009, 07:39:18 am »

Doesn't matter if it was nitz.  If driver was drinking insurance is void.

Sue his ass off lovelee.  My BIL's were hit by a drunk driver.  She replaced the car, clothing that had to be cut off and numerous other things.  Thing was neither brother wanted anything from her.  They thought she was only doing it to lessen the punishment she was going to get in court. 
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2009, 07:40:58 am »

I doubt it Nits - they say there was 4 in it but Heinz says he saw 6 climb out the windows - the doors wouldnt open.  Hosp staff kept me away from them in hosp - there was some young girls by me in there and they told me the drunk people were being held in the waiting room till I was discharged.  LOL I was incapable of giving them the bash!

I dont see the sense in trying to sue them DT - I sincerely doubt the man has any funds - seems it would be a waste of time and energy.

Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Calliope
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2009, 08:02:31 am »

Glad to hear that things are improving.
As for the insurance. If he was insured (even third party) you should be able to make a claim. He will not be able to claim as he was drunk, but you can still claim against his insurance as the innocent party.
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
Ferney

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2009, 08:26:10 am »

Hope you will be feeling a little better today Lovelee.    Hitting your head on the side of the car.  My gd's head hit the door frame so you are lucky not to suffer neck injuries as she did.

I don't think the other persons insurance company (if they are insured) will pay out if the victims vehicle is not insured or only 3rd party.  Thats my understanding.   You would need to take the driver to court yourself.    I don't think I would bother with the hassle either.  

In my gd's case, the drunk driver pleaded guilty to drink driving causing an accident, but not guilty to causing injury.  I'm told thats to try and get out of having to pay her.   The amount was about $500 but doubt she will ever see it unless she took it to small claims court.   She was insured and  has been paid out for her car.  
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2009, 11:07:49 am »

Im pretty well loaded up with codiene still so pain isnt an issue - unless i forget  Shocked

Waikato time kindly sent me the pic they had on the front page - it had been given to them, probaby cellphone.

CryCrying 3Crying 5
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Calliope

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2009, 11:12:02 am »

Glad to hear the pain isn't getting any worse.
Just try not to look at the photo - It doesn't look pretty
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2009, 11:24:13 am »

MrL went to get our stuff out of the car this morning, he took our camera.
He had to open the shop - his backs better, but not good.
The stubborn German/Austrian comes out in him  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Calliope

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2009, 11:32:13 am »

If there is no swelling in his back, he should try a heat pack on it
Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2009, 12:24:43 pm »

Calli - he wont take anything - he big brave man  Grin
This accident was 6 days off 3 years since the last one.
That time he rolled the quad bike with the two of us on it!!  OUCH!!!!
He broke the tendon that lifts the left arm - operations on repair of that are not often successful and take a long long time healing, so he chose not to have it.  I just got bashed around a bit that time  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Calliope

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2009, 12:29:34 pm »

Lets hope that there isn't another in three years
Report Spam   Logged

Crusader
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2009, 01:26:56 pm »

Sorry to hear Lovelee and all the best for your recovery.

Hope the little drunk punk gets put in front of a harsh judge. 
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2009, 02:58:38 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Nitpicker1
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2009, 09:40:27 pm »

the gods must be angry wlth convertibles recently? 

http://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/42496/falling-tree-crushes-car-parked-outside-olveston
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 09:44:35 pm by Nitpicker1 » Report Spam   Logged
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2009, 09:45:34 pm »

That poor wee car!!

Did you ever get the windows fixed?
Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2009, 09:46:50 pm »

they might be the only things that work on it now Dazza
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
Ferney

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2009, 09:47:56 pm »

My ex husband used to say he wanted a Capri so he could get the girls.....so I said "Okay, you can get a Capri and the girls and I'll  have the kids and the house......and thats what we did.   I think I got the better deal, cos the car and the girls wore out. 
Report Spam   Logged
TokGal
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2009, 05:28:33 am »

Hope you are both on the mend now Lovelee. But do keep an eye on that leg, a blood clot can happen after the event, even when you appear to be well again.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2009, 05:30:02 am »

LOL Daz - yes remember - my $800 birthday present last year  Shocked
Just put new tyres all round it too.

Weve got a mate who has one too - and shes having trouble with her windows - so Im selling her the wreck for parts.

Cheers Tok - I have the grandsn taking me to the doc this morning - I have some concerns about me falling alseep at the drop of a hat and not remembering things - someone called to see me yesterday and I dont remember her arriving - our chat - or her leaving  Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2009, 06:42:55 am »

I have the grandsn taking me to the doc this morning - I have some concerns about me falling alseep at the drop of a hat and not remembering things - someone called to see me yesterday and I dont remember her arriving - our chat - or her leaving  Sad

What's your vision like Lovelee? It sounds like you have concussion. Glad you're going to the Doctor. Keep us posted. Thinking of you.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2009, 07:53:59 am »

hmm vision is hard to tell Ali cos I have bad vision anyway.
I was up at 7 am and falling asleep here in my chair by 8am, had to go back to bed.
Still feel like sleeping.
Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2009, 01:51:28 pm »

I was up at 7 am and falling asleep here in my chair by 8am, had to go back to bed.

Have you been to your Doctor yet? Any news?
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2009, 03:17:10 pm »

Have you been to your Doctor yet? Any news?

Yeh mate - I have better understanding of the leg injury now - seems the damage on the left leg is on the right side of it.  Meaning - clever doc - hehee - it was caused by my right knee bashing into the calf - the big fat bit just behind and below the knee.  He deduced this cos there is no pain/injury on the left side.  So what happened when it hit is it mushed up the meat on the the inside of the calf at the same time breaking the vein that runs through there.  So, he said, the leg filled with blood from the vein, swelling the leg to this ridiculous size  Grin  at the same time causing temporary and intermittent pressure on the nerves going down the left and right side of the leg.  You got that??  He said the swelling and dead blood in the leg have yet to drain to my foot - causing even more ridiculous swelling in my foot.

Seat belt bruising is fine - though the meat is munted all through there too.

He had a look at the bruising where I hit my head and said nah thats ok - he didnt seem concerned that I had had concussion - there was conflicting paperwork from the hosp - some saying I had LOC and some saying no.  However - he thinks the sleeping is being caused by shock - that its just taking over my head and giving me a break.  He asked if I had cried and I said I have a feeling of crying all the time but no tears and I cry only when i get up in the mornings and the pain is too great.  He said I should let myself have a cry over it and that would help the shock levels.

Gave me physio paperwork for in a couple of weeks.
Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2009, 04:05:15 pm »

As long as your Doctor is keeping an eye on things.

I'm still concerned about concussion - keep an eye on things and get your family to be aware too.

Be aware if you experience any dizziness; more headachy than usual; your vision becomes any more blurred than usual or double vision; memory loss (you've already had that) and difficulty concentrating. Keep an eye on the excessive sleepiness. Have regular afternoon (and late morning if needed) naps. Any concerns at all - go straight back to your Doctor.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2009, 04:17:11 pm »

Yes'm I will.  Grin Thank you
Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2009, 04:23:45 pm »

Yes'm I will.  Grin Thank you

I'll be watching (and nagging if need be!)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: