Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 07:14:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Recomended Download : Google Earth 5

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recomended Download : Google Earth 5  (Read 921 times)
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« on: February 06, 2009, 08:07:38 pm »

Google Earth 5

"Google Earth puts a planet's worth of imagery and other geographic information right on your desktop. View exotic locales like Maui and Paris, as well as points of interest such as local restaurants, hospitals, and schools. Google Earth combines satellite imagery, maps, and the power of Google Search to put the world's geographic information at your fingertips. With Google Earth you can fly from space to your neighborhood--just type in an address and zoom right in, search for schools, parks, restaurants, and hotels. Get driving directions, tilt and rotate the view to see 3D terrain and buildings, save and share your searches and favorites and even add your own annotations."
Version 5.0 also introduces oceans and Martian landscapes.

The 1MB down loadable file is a stub installer from Google that requires you to stay online during installation and download the full Google Earth program via the Google Updater.

You can start your installation here:
Recomended Download Link: http://www.download.com/google-earth/

If you have any problems running Googles Installer - then you can download GE5 directly from here;
http://dl.google.com/earth/client/ge5/release_5_0/googleearth-win-plus-5.0.11337.1968.exe

PLEASE NOTE: The installer also checks for GE updates and helps you manage them - if you can, install the GE using the top link.

I've been using it the past two days - the information/data you can extract from it is rather outstanding. Tie it in with Google Maps and Google Latitude (real time locationing) and I see massive marketing potential - the package as a whole is a large step forward with integrated information flow. This software has (overnight) opened a whole new market - a whole new dimension in Information Technology! That aside - Google Earth alone offers instant access to live data from across the globe - covering a wide varieties of interests.
It's the one software package which I can confidently state that everyone would find something of interest within!

Basically if you're not using Google Earth then you're falling behind and I strongly recommend the download and install. If you are a current user then go upgrade!!
It's well worth the download - educational content is far more in depth, imagery is improved a lot (check out the pebbles on the Auckland Islands) and your can browse Earth, Mars or Space, all live!

But overlay the planetary imagery with live data layers and you have a very powerful tool - and pull all that together via iGoogle..... wow!

To sum up - Google Earth ROCKS!

And best of all - it's FREE!

Download here:
http://www.download.com/google-earth/

Tasman Lake

« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 07:38:21 pm by DazzaMc » Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 06:04:27 am »

New version is better than virtual earth but I find I use googleMaps most.
It is really hand when one can go cruise in virtually and check out the shop location parking and appearence etc, there's been a few times I saved myself a journey by discovering that purveyor of tonsorial implements was in fact a body piercing shop. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 03:53:46 pm »

Daz - I deleted GE a couple of months ago = took it out of every where on the comp.
Now I wanna download it again and it only hooks up with an updater - and then changes my home page.

Even that CNET link .. wen I click the download the next page ays thanks for downloading GE.

What do u suggest?
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 04:47:51 pm »

Yer I noticed that too Love - they have started using an installer which you download and then run - that will then go and download GE and install that. So what youre saying is that you download and run the installer but the installer reckons you already have GE5 installed so it stops the download?

Did I get the right?
Report Spam   Logged

DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 04:55:23 pm »

PS: The direct download is here:
http://dl.google.com/earth/client/ge5/release_5_0/googleearth-win-plus-5.0.11337.1968.exe

Try that!
Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 06:19:58 pm »

Yer I noticed that too Love - they have started using an installer which you download and then run - that will then go and download GE and install that. So what youre saying is that you download and run the installer but the installer reckons you already have GE5 installed so it stops the download?

Did I get the right?

yep  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 07:20:55 pm »

Ok - well then go download and install this:

This is the direct link to the Google Earth exe - that should fix your problems.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: