Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 10:03:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Disappointed with NZ weather....

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Disappointed with NZ weather....  (Read 1036 times)
Jodes
Bloody-Good Member

« on: August 14, 2009, 11:17:11 am »

I expected my trip to be full of wonderful cold weather and snow.....and I got warm spring weather and no snow.
Most of the time we wore jeans and light shirts....my ski jacket was only used when we went up the big chairlift at The Remarkables.
Not one day with a - sign in front of it. Only put my thermals on once and wished I didn't, I was too hot.
Other than that, we had a pretty good time.
I do a travel journal each time I go, I will post it if anyone is interested in reading it.
Report Spam   Logged

Jody

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 01:56:53 pm »

Haven't you heard of global warming?  Grin

Anyway, we had an early (and bloody cold, and atrociously wet with lots of snow) winter in NZ that pissed everybody off. However, the weather gods are now compensating by giving us an early spring, and I am certainly not complaining about it....Cool

Oooops.....bugger.....is that the time? Gotta bugger off to work shortly!  Sad

PS....go ahead and post the travel journal....I'm sure some of us will read it to see what you've been up to.
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 11:30:21 am »

Most of us hope for that sort of weather when we go south. Grin    Glad you enjoyed your trip otherwise though.
Report Spam   Logged
Jodes
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 11:46:56 am »

two of the main reasons I go to NZ each year is for the cold weather and snow fall.
The trip was good, though the last two days were horrendous due to a personal issue back here to do with my son. I was very glad to get home this time.
We stayed 4 days at Queenstown at the Crowne Plaza, gorgeous views of the lake and The Remarkables and 4 days at My Cook, did some hiking the first two days in too warm of weather but the last two days it rained.
Of course we did all the usual stuff, jetboating, eating out at the wonderful restaurantsd with three/sixty at the Crowne Plaza being exceptional. Lots of shopping and some time spent in Glenorchy and Arrowtown. Skiing at The Remarkables, a couple of gondola rides and more shopping.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 11:54:17 am by Jodes » Report Spam   Logged

Jody
ssweetpea
Senator
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 07:05:42 pm »

Yeah, this year we got an early winter followed by an early spring.

The really cold weather was end of June and last month.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Jodes
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 07:48:15 pm »

I might come in July next year.
Report Spam   Logged

Jody
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 06:07:44 pm »

OO Jodes, Ive just come back from Cairns, thank you for turning on such yummy weather, it was 28+ everyday, only a lil rain, but it was warm.  Night time it dropped to about 17  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: