Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 03:00:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

MPs asked to say no to pay rise

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MPs asked to say no to pay rise  (Read 120 times)
Calliope
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

If music be the food of love, play on

« on: February 06, 2009, 09:50:36 am »

MPs will be asked next week to turn down any pay rises from the Higher Salaries Commission for the coming three years .

Greens co-leader Jeannette Fitzsimons says she will be putting a resolution to that effect when Parliament resumes for the year on Tuesday. John Key has already written to the Commission suggesting there should be no rise for politicians.

Ms Fitzsimons says the Commission is an independent body and does not have to listen. However she says if MPs all agree there would be little point in giving pay rises.

Ms Fitzsimons believes it is an opportunity for MPs to lead by example. She says it would be a bit rich for MPs to be calling for restraint, and at the same time pocketing more money themselves.
http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/5303654

No how many do you think will agree to that
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest49
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 09:54:26 am »

Possibly the only thing that Fitzsimons has ever said that I agree with.
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 01:29:12 pm »

However, it is interesting that John Key, Jeannette Fitzsimonds and all the rest of the mob in parliament accepted a payrise for themselves before demanding that civil servants not receive a payrise this year. Typical bloody politicians' bullshit behaviour and Jonkey is no different to the rest of them. It was he who demanded that civil servants forego a payrise after he (Jonkey) and his ilk had just received one! A classic case of do as I say, but not as I do, then make a big thing (look at how great I am) about forgoing a payrise next year after they have already accepted one recently. Now if they all gave back the payrise they received just after the election, then they could hold the high moral ground to preach to others instead of showing yet again what a bunch of hypocrites they are!
Report Spam   Logged
Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 02:46:21 am »

John Key is a wonderful Prime minister. None before him have been as far seeing as him. Who else has given up a future pay rise?
A question has been buzzing around in my head. Have any of the Unions done that Mr ktj? Or any of your  ilk? Lips sealed
Report Spam   Logged
guest49
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 07:06:01 am »

Shon Key is shedding electoral promises lile a dog scratching fleas. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: