Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 06:53:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

AFGHANISTAN

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AFGHANISTAN  (Read 11700 times)
AnFaolchudubh
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #150 on: August 20, 2011, 09:48:44 am »

AL...yes ..i know..i was having a dig about Putin doing his 2 terms ..(at which time they must stop,same as US) ..and then while he has been priminister ever since Wink.. he has changed the rules that now allow him to be president in Russia again...yes ..thats how fuckin stupid the Ruskies are ...but not as stupid as kiwis allowing to be ripped off by their politicians with MMP Shocked

Well thats a supprise... I didn't realise you actually knew anything! After all you jumped ship and ran away to aussie!
Report Spam   Logged

Stupid people are not an endangered species so why are we protecting them
R. S. OhAllmurain
reality
« Reply #151 on: August 20, 2011, 12:02:19 pm »

mmmmmmmm..   not sure  I know how to take that AL...do you  mean it as a joke ...or have I fallen into the trap of over-estimating your intelligence...and really you subsribe to the... "brucies school of thought about all things"... and joined his new political party "The Negative Fuckwit Party"

Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #152 on: August 20, 2011, 12:27:22 pm »

New Zealand SAS soldier killed in Kabul

The Dominion Post and Reuters | 1:04AM - Saturday, 20 August 2011

GUN BATTLE IN KABUL: A British soldier walks in front of the site of attack on offices belonging to
the British Council in Kabul. — Photo: Reuters.

A NEW ZEALAND special forces soldier has been killed in a Taleban attack on British Council diplomatic offices in the Afghan capital of Kabul.

A Defence Force source confirmed late last night that a New Zealand SAS soldier was among at least nine people killed in the assault, which marked the 92nd anniversary of Afghanistan's independence from Britain.

The soldier's name would not be released until next of kin had been notified.

The source confirmed that SAS troops were engaged in last night's incident in a background support role.

The Afghan Crisis Response Unit, mentored by the SAS, was involved in repelling a five-hour firefight Taleban attack on the British diplomatic offices. "The SAS was there in a support role," the Defence source said.

The Guardian website reported that journalists were ordered to stop taking photos when what appeared to be a seriously hurt New Zealander was taken by stretcher from the building and loaded on to a medevac helicopter. Scores of Afghan and Nato troops surrounded a compound strewn with wooden and metal debris while two helicopters hovered above.

A Ministry of Interior spokesman said at least 12 people were wounded during the assault.

"Eight members of the Afghan national police and one foreign soldier were killed," Mohammad Zahir, head of criminal investigations for the Kabul police, told Reuters.

British Prime Minister David Cameron said he spoke with New Zealand Prime Minister John Key and thanked him for the troops' role in ending the raid, in which 10 people were thought to have been killed.

"It's obviously a tragic but cowardly act that has been undertaken but it won't succeed and it won't deflect us from the vital work we are doing in Afghanistan," Cameron said.

Key said the Government was saddened by the death of the soldier.

"I have limited details about the soldier’s death, but I am advised that he died during fighting that followed an attack by insurgents in Kabul in the last few hours."

"On behalf of the Government, I want to offer my condolences to the family of the soldier."

"His death is a reminder of the dangers our Defence Force personnel face while serving in Afghanistan," Key said.

Defence Minister Wayne Mapp also acknowledged the news, and offered his condolences to the family of the soldier. He said he mourned the loss.

A Reuters photograph taken at the scene showed what appeared to be a white male being lifted on to a stretcher with blood across his back and a wound to the back of his head.

Earlier, police believed there were foreign people trapped inside the building, and as many as three assailants were believed holed up there.

By afternoon, there was one left.

"There is one suicide bomber left alive in the bulletproof basement of the British Council," a ministry official said later.

Afghan and Nato troops were trying to kill him.

WARNING TO BRITAIN

A Reuters witness heard a large explosion shortly after 1pm local time, the seventh of the day, in what the Ministry of Interior source said could have been an attempt to kill the last attacker or him detonating an explosive.

The Taleban said they were sending two messages: One to the Afghan government and one to the British," spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid told Reuters by telephone from an undisclosed location.

"We are now reminding them that we will become independent again from all foreigners, especially from the British," Mujahid said, referring to Afghanistan's independence from British rule 92 years ago, which the country was marking on Friday.

The Nato-led force in Afghanistan also confirmed there had been two explosions near the British Council, which is a state-funded agency running mainly cultural programs. It is not part of the main British embassy in the diplomatic area of Kabul.

Security was beefed up across the capital ahead of the date.

After the United States, Britain has the second-largest force in the Nato-led war against the Taleban, with around 9,500 troops.

Mujahid declined to say how many bombers the Islamist group used for the attacks, which come a month after Nato handed over security responsibilities to the Afghans in several areas across the country, as part of a gradual transition process to be completed by the end of 2014.

Afghan forces have been given responsibility for the city of Kabul since 2008, when Nato handed over security control, but in reality Nato forces still police the area heavily.

There is growing unease in the United States and Europe about the costly and increasingly violent war that has dragged on for 10 years, causing US lawmakers to question whether bringing home all combat troops by 2014 is fast enough.

Nato and the United States earlier this year reluctantly backed Kabul's peace plan, which involves reconciliation with some members of the Taleban. The Taleban have repeatedly said they will not negotiate with the Afghan government until all foreign forces have stopped fighting in their country.

NEW ZEALAND DEATHS IN AFGHANISTAN

Two other New Zealanders were killed in Afghanistan last year.

They were Lieutenant Timothy O'Donnell, 28, from Feilding who died in August 2010 when his three-vehicle patrol was attacked with explosives, rocket propelled grenades and gunfire in north-east Bamiyan Province; and Private Jack Howard, 23, of Wellington who was killed in December 2010 while serving as a member of the 3rd Battalion, The Parachute Regiment, with the British Army in Afghanistan. He was killed by "friendly fire" on patrol in the Nad-e Ali district of Helmand province.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/5478019/New-Zealand-SAS-soldier-killed-in-Kabul
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #153 on: August 20, 2011, 12:29:41 pm »

Just putting the news story back on the top page.

Seeing as it got buried in the previous page.

Jonkey will be happy....he WANTED glory when he sucked-up to Obama and went warmongering with him.

It's just a pity that someone else had to pay the ultimate price of Jonkey's glory, eh?

Report Spam   Logged

AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #154 on: August 20, 2011, 12:41:14 pm »

mmmmmmmm..   not sure  I know how to take that AL...do you  mean it as a joke ...or have I fallen into the trap of over-estimating your intelligence...and really you subsribe to the... "brucies school of thought about all things"... and joined his new political party "The Negative Fuckwit Party"

No! I stand on my own two feet. I don't subscribe to KTJ's school of anything or any political party he may have started. I call a spade a spade and a shovel a shovel and someone who jumps ship to aussie, a ship jumper!

And as for having fallen into the trap of over-estimating my intelligence. if that were the case I'd have taken a leaf out of your own book as we all know you fell into the trap of over-estimating your intelligence along time ago!
Report Spam   Logged

R. S. OhAllmurain
reality
« Reply #155 on: August 20, 2011, 12:46:39 pm »

Buc..

"Just putting the news story back on the top page.

Seeing as it got buried in the previous page"

....thanks very much .....dont know what i'd do without ya Roll Eyes

Buc..."Jonkey will be happy....he WANTED glory when he sucked-up to Obama and went warmongering with him."

...really ..I missed that...where did they start a war...I  know about the wars already in progress ..please about the new one Roll Eyes

Buc.."It's just a pity that someone else had to pay the ultimate price of Jonkey's glory, eh? ."

.... it  is will always be very sad to hear of the people fighting for our freedom getting killed or injured....but they are part of a military force....and they are all smart enough and brave enough to take on that risk as part of their job....you can play your part by respecting NZ's military people..laying their lives on the line for your freedom.... most military people and veterans...would be disgusted by your comments Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #156 on: August 20, 2011, 12:51:00 pm »

Bloody Games Of Empire

Our soldiers sent away to die by chicken hawks
who couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag
but are really brave when it comes to sending away other
peoples sons to fight and die invading strange far off lands ...
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
reality
« Reply #157 on: August 20, 2011, 12:56:38 pm »

Al .."someone who jumps ship to aussie, a ship jumper!"

...i am intrigued by your obvious powers of reason and logic....could you please elaborate on this term you use for me ..."ship jumper"

i would like to know what that means for you...i think you stole it from your rail worker bum chum Tongue

...btw...I probably are contributing more to the NZ economy than you...
Report Spam   Logged
AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #158 on: August 20, 2011, 01:26:45 pm »

Actually i didn't pinch it from KTJ the term ship jumper has been around for a long time. point of note I've never met KTJ, chances are I never will and i sure as hell don't support or agree with him!

...I probably are contributing more to the NZ economy than you

I very much doubt that seeing as I and my family own and operate a business in one of NZ's primary industries that is one of the main earners, which I've been working in since I was sixteen, in this country as well as working in for the last 13 years another of NZ's major money earners!
Report Spam   Logged

R. S. OhAllmurain
reality
« Reply #159 on: August 20, 2011, 01:33:28 pm »

great ..now can you answer the question... define the meaning ..to you ..about a"shipjumper"
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #160 on: August 20, 2011, 01:37:28 pm »

Look on the bright-side for Jonkey....

He now gets to “big-note” at a military funeral.

Just think of all the television coverage he will get.

And it's election year too....Jonkey must be rubbing his hands together with glee!

Report Spam   Logged

Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #161 on: August 20, 2011, 01:40:36 pm »

Dont rats jump off ships?
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
reality
« Reply #162 on: August 20, 2011, 01:43:56 pm »

buc...

so can I take it then..that you dont feel competant enough to take up on the points I made to your post...and post a reply...must be about time for a feeble cartoon ...I feel it in my bones Cool
Report Spam   Logged
reality
« Reply #163 on: August 20, 2011, 01:46:30 pm »

sexy...you aint got time to be here boy...you gota start digging your hole ready to crawl into when "your" comet hits  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #164 on: August 20, 2011, 01:52:45 pm »

great ..now can you answer the question... define the meaning ..to you ..about a"shipjumper"

Why don't you just look in your mirror... you'll see one first hand!

Maybe it would be better if a spelt it out for you... someone who couldn't handle it in their home country so they go to another because they believe the grass is greener then have the arrogance to poke their nose back into the lives of those who opt to stay home and tell them how they should be living etc or accusing them of not contributing to their country.... in a word... you!

Now i sit back, wait for the frothing at the mouth and the usual abuse... as we all know you can't hold a descent conversation without abusing someone for having differing views to yours... so don't let us down!
Report Spam   Logged

R. S. OhAllmurain
reality
« Reply #165 on: August 20, 2011, 01:56:59 pm »

an.."accusing them of not contributing to their country"

well you could start by  showing me where I made that accusation Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #166 on: August 20, 2011, 02:00:19 pm »

an.."accusing them of not contributing to their country"

well you could start by  showing me where I made that accusation Shocked

I should have said supporting their country... but do you believe that people on the DPB etc don't contribute to their country? or only some don't and that you never generalise?
Report Spam   Logged

R. S. OhAllmurain
reality
« Reply #167 on: August 20, 2011, 02:08:21 pm »

AN...."but do you believe that people on the DPB etc don't contribute to their country? or only some don't and that you never generalise?"

...this is a bit out of left feild...I dont remember saying ANYTHING about the DPB Shocked, be pleased for you to show me..

the only thing I can think of...that you may be getting yourself confused with.. are the Govts annoucement about youth

..I certainly support what the Govt intend to do...

...I can only assume that ou are confusing me with someone else...love for you to explain though Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #168 on: August 20, 2011, 02:13:40 pm »

So you have never made comments about people on benefits etc?

And as for people not supporting businesses in NZ ie buying stuff from overseas you have never passed comments about?!

if not then i honestly and whole heartedly sincerely apologise for my mistake. and take back the ship jumper comment (but not the comment about your arrogance!).

BTW just what do you or at least how much do you contribute to NZ.... if at all? 
Report Spam   Logged

R. S. OhAllmurain
reality
« Reply #169 on: August 20, 2011, 02:27:23 pm »

an.."So you have never made comments about people on benefits etc?"

no

an..."And as for people not supporting businesses in NZ ie buying stuff from overseas you have never passed comments about?!"

..well I think alot of things in NZ come from overseas...but I have given one individual  (who shall remain nameless but is a dedicated unionist and professes to want the best for NZ workers and their pay and conditions...but then gloates about how he bypasses those NZ workers to get stuff cheaper through the internet )a bollocking but that dipstick would be the only one...and lets afce it..he doesnt really count Wink

I transfer money there to invest in property and other things....houses for kiwis to live in Wink...dont think I've heard many people over there asking for less housing Roll Eyes.....I also pay  tax in NZ
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #170 on: August 20, 2011, 02:27:23 pm »

From the Heinemann New Zealand Dictionary, Revised 2nd Edition, 1989....

busybody noun

a person who interferes or meddles in the affairs of others

From the New Zealand Oxford Dictionary, 1st Edition, 2005....

busybody [bizi:, bodi: / noun / plural: -ies]

1. a meddlesome person.

2. a mischief-maker.

Yep....both of those perfectly describe the ship-deserting rat & traitor (and IDIOT) from across The Ditch who continues to be a busybody sticking his nose into the affairs of New Zealand, even though he CHOSE to bugger off from New Zealand.

Report Spam   Logged

reality
« Reply #171 on: August 20, 2011, 02:30:24 pm »

...annnnnndd ...Me and my family have 6 votes  there at the elections...so bruce ...your vote is wiped out already Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Crusader
« Reply #172 on: August 20, 2011, 02:31:18 pm »

Just putting the news story back on the top page.

Seeing as it got buried in the previous page.

Jonkey will be happy....he WANTED glory when he sucked-up to Obama and went warmongering with him.

It's just a pity that someone else had to pay the ultimate price of Jonkey's glory, eh?

And do you think those that joint the SAS do so to play it safe?
Report Spam   Logged
Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #173 on: August 20, 2011, 03:13:49 pm »

US troops may stay in Afghanistan until 2024

there is also a video of the battle

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/8712701/US-troops-may-stay-in-Afghanistan-until-2024.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vyFD_ACaFo&feature=player_embedded

Report Spam   Logged

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #174 on: August 20, 2011, 03:37:12 pm »

[quote author=reality link=topic=3377.msg116386#msg116386 date=1313807243

I transfer money there to invest in property and other things....houses for kiwis to live in Wink...dont think I've heard many people over there asking for less housing Roll Eyes.....I also pay  tax in NZ
[/quote]

Ooooh how big of you, you've a heart of gold.... but have you ever got you hands dirty here in NZ in good honest old fashioned hard work.... or just caliouses on you glutous maximus from sittng all day on an office cheer?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 03:51:57 pm by AnFaolchudubh » Report Spam   Logged

R. S. OhAllmurain

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: