Xtra News Community 2
April 16, 2024, 07:55:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

AFGHANISTAN

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AFGHANISTAN  (Read 12127 times)
reality
« Reply #250 on: October 15, 2015, 05:20:13 pm »

kj..."Do you reckon the Americans should add a kid-killing medal to their decorations?"

yeah..nah...we probably beat them at that pastime

IF YOU CAN GO TO THIS LINK < LOOK AT THE PIC>>>AND NOT GET ANGRY>>YOU ARE NOT HUMAN Shocked

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/72374978/matiu-wereta-named-as-dead-hawkes-bay-toddler-in-assault-case

Matiu Wereta named as dead Hawke's Bay toddler in assault case
 Matiu Wereta, Hastings toddler who died on October 14
SUPPLIED
Matiu Wereta, Hastings toddler who died on October 14

Ads by Google
Win $250,000 Cashbrandleadersgiveaway.co.nz
Enter now for your chance to win a $250,000 cash prize!
Police have named the 2½-year-old boy who died after an alleged assault in Hastings.

Matiu Wereta died on Wednesday evening in the intensive care unit at Hawke's Bay Hospital after allegedly being assaulted at his home in Columbus Cres, Flaxmere, on Monday.

A 17-year-old male has been charged with assault and appeared in the Hastings District Court on Tuesday. He was remanded to a Rotorua address on bail to reappear in court on November 3 and was granted interim name suppression.

The family released the following statement:

"This is a very difficult time for us as we go through the grieving process and take in the events of the past few
days".

"We have a very supportive whanau around us and are being supported by our local community.

"Matiu was a happy, smiley, adventurous boy who loved being active and getting involved in a lot of activities.  He loved kapa haka,
which his family has been involved in for some time.

"Matiu attended Te Tirahou daycare at Te Taiwhenua o Heretaunga and was a popular little boy there. He loved to sing, dance and play with all his friends and teachers.  He touched many hearts with his cheeky smile and warm heart, and will be sadly missed by all his whanau and friends.

"We appreciate all the kind wishes and support we have been offered from many people.  This is a tragic event that is extremely hard for any family to comprehend or experience.  We must now wait for the judicial process to take its course.

The family asked for privacy.

Ad Feedback

An uncle of the accused man said on Tuesday the boy died as the result of a tragic accident.

He said his nephew told him he had been having a shower with the boy when the boy ran out of the shower and fell down a set of stairs.

He was confident the police investigation would conclude the death had been the result of an accident.

"It's a traumatic experience for our families. It's a shock. No-one expects accidents to happen to children, and it's certainly affected everyone involved and certainly our family is grieving for what's happened," he said.

"We're certainly supportive of the processes that are happening. Our family is involved with both my nephew and the young woman," he said.

He said there was no animosity between the two families and both were being supportive to the couple.

"Everyone supports the due process involved with police when a child dies like this. We're confident the process will endorse what actually happened, which was an accident," he said.

Flaxmere community leader and Hastings District councillor Henare O'Keefe said he knew the families involved and the community was rallying around them.

He understood the toddler's biological father was living in Australia but had returned home.
"In situations like this you just run out of cliches. You get anger and frustration and utu and revenge. All of those feelings. You can understand how people feel that way," he said.

"I can't imagine how those people must be feeling. We give them out total and absolute love and sympathy. That's a void in their life that may possibly never heal. This harmless, precious little chap who through no fault of his own has had his life cut short," O'Keefe said.

"We'll do all that we can to support the family. To date we've stood back while they've been in intensive care. The last thing they want is people right now," he said.

"I don't know what the solution is, but I know what people should be doing now. Go back to their families and give them a hug, tell them you love them," he said.

"I would say to people don't give up on Flaxmere," O'Keefe said.

Several tributes for Matiu have been posted on his mother Eranna Tiopira's Facebook pages.

One person wrote: "Sending so much love to you ... There's no words to describe the feeling you are going through right now and the pain". Another wrote "Feeling for you ... love uz so much gf omg my hearts breaking for you see you soon my girl."

Another wrote "Love u baby... rest in peace such devastating news to hear cant imagine what mummy and daddy are going through right now we are going to miss you so much especially poppy you have brought happiness and joy into our lives and to my bro... stay strong my friend I love you so much... Praying for you my friend I am so sorry I can't be there at this time I'd come back in a heartbeat if I could....xxxx Rest in peace baby ... We love you..."

Residents of Columbus Cres, where the alleged assault took place, said the boy and his mother were new to the neighbourhood and kept to themselves.

The dead boy's mother works locally and the general manager at organisation where she is employed said their hearts went out to the family and they were doing all they could to support their staff member and her family.

The mother of the accused declined to comment.

- Stuff
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: