Xtra News Community 2
March 28, 2024, 08:19:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

awwww I want one

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: awwww I want one  (Read 1074 times)
Nitpicker1
« on: July 14, 2009, 04:46:33 pm »

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/5724387/scooter-could-be-worlds-smallest-dog/
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 05:58:54 pm »

Awww cute.

I would be scared of accidentally stepping on him.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
dragontamer
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 07:59:46 pm »

I can't seeing your girls being happy with the teacup version.   Wink

And cute as it is, I just got rid of one darned puppy....... I imagine the reaction to bringing one of those home would be catastrophic lol.
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 11:17:17 pm »

Scooter could be world's smallest dog

NZPA | 4:01PM - Tuesday, 14 July 2009

DRINK ME? Six-month-old Maltese pup Scooter sits dwarfed by this tea cup as owner Cheryl McKnight admires her “tiny ball of fluff”.

DRINK ME? Six-month-old Maltese pup Scooter sits dwarfed by this tea cup as owner Cheryl McKnight admires her “tiny ball of fluff”.

At barely the height of a tea cup, Maltese pup Scooter could well be the smallest dog in world.

The tiny ball of white fluff is just 8cm tall and measures just over 20cm from his nose to his tail.

While Scooter is still young, he appears to have stopped growing.

The Guinness Book of World Records title holder — a long-haired chihuahua in America named Boo Boo — is bigger at just over 10cm tall.

Scooter's size is also evident in his weight, or lack of it. He weighs less than a block of butter at 400 grams — and that is while he is wearing clothes.

Gisborne owner Cheryl McKnight fashioned a regular purple sock into a jersey, which Scooter wears so he is easily seen around the house.

"It really is quite something. I can't take him for a walk or put a leash on him."

Ms McKnight said six-month-old Scooter came from a litter of three and stopped growing before he reached two months.

"He was the same size as the other two pups when they were born but as they grew, he didn't," she said.

Scooter's siblings were sold.

"Dogs have to weigh at least 870 grams before they can leave their mums for the shops, and he has not even reached halfway."

As Scooter scoots around the lounge floor, he is dwarfed by plastic toy figurines belonging to Ms McKnight's grandson.

When friends come to visit, one of the first things they say is that they want to take Scooter home with them.

"For the first 10 weeks or so I didn't really want him. I thought nah, someone else can have him.

"But over time I've fallen in love with him. I would hate to give him away now."

Ms McKnight's previous pet, a miniature orange Pomeranian, was killed in front of her by two other dogs two years ago.

"It took me a long, long time after that to even think of having another dog," she said.

Ms McKnight's sister, who breeds Maltese dogs, eventually gave her one and Scooter arrived a few months later.

Scooter feeds from an egg cup of food three times a day and sleeps in a shoebox, but "does everything a normal dog does", she said.

However, making his way up steps is challenging.

"Because of the height of steps, they would be enormously big steps for him. It must be like living with giants."

Scooter was originally named Pee Wee, but Ms McKnight decided to change the name, saying she didn't want him to suffer an inferiority complex.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/cutestuff/2593225/Scooter-could-be-worlds-smallest-dog
Report Spam   Logged
TokGal
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 08:40:53 am »

I think he is sooooo cute, I would love one like him.
Report Spam   Logged
Nitpicker1
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 11:37:44 am »

YEEEUCK I don't want one

Poodles made to look like pandas and camels
At first glance they look like pandas, buffalos and camels, but these are all poodles that have been hilariously sheared and coloured in the name of art.

check the link for pix!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/howaboutthat/6087174/Poodle-power-dogs-creatively-groomed-to-look-like-pandas-and-camels.html

And it's not just other animals the skilful owners mould their pooches into.

Movie characters like Pirates of the Caribbean hero Jack Sparrow also turn up in doggy form.

Others from the collection of super-groomed canines include a horse with a saddle carved into its fur, an American football player with a hairy helmet, and a snail.

Amazingly it takes just two hours for the creative groomers to carve their masterpieces of out of dog's coats and add props as finishing touches.

After that they are ready for the judging panel.

Expert dog snapper Ren, from Florida, USA, said: "When these dogs come into the arena for a show or a competition you have absolutely no idea what they are going to be turned into.

"The groomers do colour them before they arrive but basically all you see at first is an extremely fluffy poodle that has weird coloured patterns on it.

"The transformation they go through is simply spectacular. There's no other word for it. It's amazing what they can do in so little time."

Ren has been touring the states for 10 years on his private tour bus - his mobile base for his company animalphotography.com.

He is the only professional photographer who is brought in to capture images of the winning poodles on behalf of the show organisers.

He said: "I love my job. I get a really big kick out of it.

"Watching the owners turn these balls of hair into something so intricate and detailed really does baffle anyone watching.

"The one that shocked me the most was the horse. The way it looked when it arrived at the show you had no clue whatsoever what they were planning.

"When they finished I was blown away."

The artistic owners - almost entirely women - colour their beloved dogs with powdered paint sprayed on using blow pens which is non permanent.

In several states in America it is illegal to permanently dye a dog's coat so groomers must make sure their animals are coloured safely.

"The dogs seem to love the whole experience," said Ren. "One of the reasons I love my job is because I love animals so much. I much prefer working with them than people.

"By the time the dogs get to me after they have been through the tournament they are bounding around and very happy.

"I think all the attention that gets bestowed upon them through the whole process must be nice for them."

And Ren thinks the last thing the owners are after is money.

"In creative grooming shows the maximum prize is about $1000 (£611) so you couldn't earn a living from it.

"I think these girls must just love the artistry that's involved."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

what would they have been able to do with my Peppi

Report Spam   Logged
Justic
Global Moderator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 11:45:53 am »

YEEEUCK I don't want one

Poodles made to look like pandas and camels
At first glance they look like pandas, buffalos and camels, but these are all poodles that have been hilariously sheared and coloured in the name of art.

check the link for pix!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/howaboutthat/6087174/Poodle-power-dogs-creatively-groomed-to-look-like-pandas-and-camels.html

And it's not just other animals the skilful owners mould their pooches into.

Movie characters like Pirates of the Caribbean hero Jack Sparrow also turn up in doggy form.

Others from the collection of super-groomed canines include a horse with a saddle carved into its fur, an American football player with a hairy helmet, and a snail.

Amazingly it takes just two hours for the creative groomers to carve their masterpieces of out of dog's coats and add props as finishing touches.

After that they are ready for the judging panel.

Expert dog snapper Ren, from Florida, USA, said: "When these dogs come into the arena for a show or a competition you have absolutely no idea what they are going to be turned into.

"The groomers do colour them before they arrive but basically all you see at first is an extremely fluffy poodle that has weird coloured patterns on it.

"The transformation they go through is simply spectacular. There's no other word for it. It's amazing what they can do in so little time."

Ren has been touring the states for 10 years on his private tour bus - his mobile base for his company animalphotography.com.

He is the only professional photographer who is brought in to capture images of the winning poodles on behalf of the show organisers.

He said: "I love my job. I get a really big kick out of it.

"Watching the owners turn these balls of hair into something so intricate and detailed really does baffle anyone watching.

"The one that shocked me the most was the horse. The way it looked when it arrived at the show you had no clue whatsoever what they were planning.

"When they finished I was blown away."

The artistic owners - almost entirely women - colour their beloved dogs with powdered paint sprayed on using blow pens which is non permanent.

In several states in America it is illegal to permanently dye a dog's coat so groomers must make sure their animals are coloured safely.

"The dogs seem to love the whole experience," said Ren. "One of the reasons I love my job is because I love animals so much. I much prefer working with them than people.

"By the time the dogs get to me after they have been through the tournament they are bounding around and very happy.

"I think all the attention that gets bestowed upon them through the whole process must be nice for them."

And Ren thinks the last thing the owners are after is money.

"In creative grooming shows the maximum prize is about $1000 (£611) so you couldn't earn a living from it.

"I think these girls must just love the artistry that's involved."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

what would they have been able to do with my Peppi

Shocked geez I don't know whether that is sick or funny.

I'll take the wee one in the tea cup thanks.
Report Spam   Logged

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 10:35:28 am »

What is wrong with a dog looking like....a dog?
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Justic
Global Moderator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 10:49:24 am »

What is wrong with a dog looking like....a dog?

You think this looks like a dog SP ?

Report Spam   Logged

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 08:10:15 pm »

Scooter, the tiny dog wonder, has died.

At six-months-old, the Maltese pup was claimed to be the smallest dog in the world. He was going to try for the official world record when he turned one.

But he never got the chance.

He broke his leg jumping out of the hands of a minder earlier this week. His tiny leg was put in a cast but the medication he was given for it caused stomach ulcers and he did not survive.

But it was not for want of trying. The vets caring for Scooter took him home with them while he was being treated, getting up in the middle of the night to check on him.

"They were amazing, they tried so hard," said owner Cheryl McKnight.

The 8cm tall, 20cm long, pooch is now buried in his shoebox at the bottom of his owner's Gisborne garden.

Scooter slept and spent a lot of his life in the shoebox, she said.

When he died the vets offered Ms McKnight a box to bury him in, but it was too big.

"There was no box small enough for him. I said `I'm not going to bury him in that', so I thought I would put him in the shoe box he lived in. The poor little fella."

"I put him in the box with flowers and a little dove picture to take him to heaven – he looked wonderful."

Ms McKnight said she would miss him immensely.

"He was a big part of my life."

Scooter came from a litter of three and stopped growing before he reached two months.

His weight never exceeded 400 grams – and that was while fully clothed.

Ms McKnight fashioned a regular purple sock into a jersey, which Scooter wore around the house so he was easily seen.

He was originally named Pee Wee, but Ms McKnight changed it, saying she didn't want him to suffer an inferiority complex.

Scooter achieved global fame in his short life, with his picture published in Switzerland, Malaysia, America, Australia, United Kingdom and the Netherlands.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2835617/Tiny-dog-wonder-Scooter-dies
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Alicat
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 08:30:14 pm »

Poor wee Scooter
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 06:55:18 pm »

World's biggest rabbit weighs three-and-a-half stone

This Easter Bunny weighs a whopping three-and-a-half stone and is four foot three inches long - making him the biggest rabbit ever recorded.

Published: 3:00PM BST 04 Apr 2010

Darius, a Continental Giant who is only 13 months old, eats 12 carrots a day to keep up his strength as well as two daily meals of a pair of bowls of rabbit mix, three apples and a cabbage.

And he still has not reached his full size, with owner Annette Edwards, 59, preparing herself for another six months of growth before he hits full size.

Darius gorges himself on hay throughout the day which seems to have helped give him an unusual chilled temperament around other animals and humans.

Ms Edwards, from Worcester, has bred big bunnies before but Darius has been recognised as the largest rabbit ever recorded.

She said: "I only measured him this weekend and that was when I realised he was much bigger than Alice, who is the current record holder.

"He is so gentle and I wonder if this has helped him grow bigger than the rest. He does run around all the time, so I guess the combination of food and exercise has worked out for him.

"He really is a handsome beast though, there's always a bit of a glint in his eye when you go near him."

Darius is the son of current record holder Alice and the grandson of earlier owner of the crown Amy.

Ralph, owned by Pauline Grant, who hit the headlines at the start of the year is his stepbrother but is dwarfed by his half-sibling.

Ms Edwards had recently started auditions to find a man to hold Alice at personal appearances around the globe.

But now the lucky job applicant will have to have a few more muscles to his name as Darius is much heavier than Alice.

Ms Edwards said: "I think it's nice that the record is being kept in the family. The frightening thing is that Darius is still growing so he could be absolutely massive by the time he reaches full size.

"People ask me what my secret is, but there really isn't one other than just treating them well and really looking after them."

A spokesman from Guinness World Records said: "This is the biggest bunny in the world. Darius is bigger than all the previous record holding rabbits. It's unbelievable that a rabbit could grow to over four-foot long."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/7552635/Worlds-biggest-rabbit-weighs-three-and-a-half-stone.html

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: