Xtra News Community 2
March 30, 2024, 02:40:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Hello - new here

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello - new here  (Read 2780 times)
Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2009, 07:43:23 pm »

Faith in the sporting prowess of NZ?
I thought one had faith in God. Sport is a game to be played - not a philosophy about religion
Report Spam   Logged
Justic
Global Moderator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2009, 06:46:48 pm »

I am an Aussie (NSW) who has been having a love affair with New Zealand for quite some time now. I visit the South Island every winter for a holiday and hope to one day have a holiday home there.
I am not into the ridiculously stupid Aussie v's Kiwi crap. I think we both have incredibly beautiful countries and wonderful people who dwell there.
I am married with two kids and work as a professional photographer (another reason I love to visit NZ) as well as run the clerical side of my husbands contracting business.
I am also heavily involved in dressage (my daughter is a professional dressage rider) and I breed warmbloods.

Welcome Jodes.  It's great to see you here.
Report Spam   Logged

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
Jodes
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2009, 08:33:52 pm »

Hi Justic...nice to see a familiar nick.
Report Spam   Logged

Jody
bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2009, 12:26:12 am »

Hiya Jodes I saw a few of your pix in a different forum page, love what you did there. Im getting a bit frustrated I dont live near any scenic mountains or have any wicked scenery outside my window, your professional eye really shines through in your work. I totally dig the view from your place, and framing the shot with the overhanging trees is probably the only pro trick Ive figured out so far? Just makes me mad I cant think of any scenic places like that around here???.....anyhoo, i do have a question. What is your camera and can you recommend a good start out rig for a keen photographer like me?

Report Spam   Logged

Lets kill all the warmongers.
Jodes
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2009, 10:45:09 pm »

Hi Benny. I am a Canon devotee through and through. I have the EOS 5D which is more my professional camera and the EOS 40D which is still an excellent camera and I do all of my horse photography with it because it has 6.5 fps.
You can get great starting out kits from Canon which give you a very good SLR with two lenses....but it all depends on how much you want to spend.This is from Canon Australia's website and I would recommend this camera EOS 450D and lens kit highly. The 1000D would also do well for you.
The kit I would suggest is the seond one....with both lenses. My first Canon was a 20D with two lenses and I learnt so much with it.
http://www.canon.com.au/eos/range/eos450d/lenskits.aspx

Great subjects are actually really easy to find and they are all around you. Scenery is great but you can get great shots out of shooting almost anything....just think creatively. Try weird things. Let you imaginaton run wild. Get some photography books/magazines and study the images. You'll be amazed at just what is in your backyard or at least in your neighbourhood.
I look forward to seeing what you shoot.

Report Spam   Logged

Jody
bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2009, 02:44:24 am »

Wow...sorry it took so long to get back and reply Jodes, thanx heaps for all that cool info, Its all in my notebook now, and yep thanx for that advice about pix all around me....when the sun comes out Im off on a intrepid adventure to the back yard. Wish me luck.
 Grin
Report Spam   Logged

bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2009, 04:15:04 am »

oops still havent been out there yet, been a bit busy lately but Ill get there.
 Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: