Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 06:16:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Hello - new here

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello - new here  (Read 2769 times)
Jodes
Bloody-Good Member

« on: February 04, 2009, 08:34:47 pm »

I am an Aussie (NSW) who has been having a love affair with New Zealand for quite some time now. I visit the South Island every winter for a holiday and hope to one day have a holiday home there.
I am not into the ridiculously stupid Aussie v's Kiwi crap. I think we both have incredibly beautiful countries and wonderful people who dwell there.
I am married with two kids and work as a professional photographer (another reason I love to visit NZ) as well as run the clerical side of my husbands contracting business.
I am also heavily involved in dressage (my daughter is a professional dressage rider) and I breed warmbloods.
Report Spam   Logged

Jody

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 08:44:26 pm »

Fancy meeting you here, Jody!  Grin

Are you trying to get some time-out from Buzzy-boy? 
Report Spam   Logged
Jodes
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 08:49:22 pm »

Couldn't you just reach through the screen a slap him one! Grin

I saw this link on NOCC and though it might be nice to get to know some more Kiwi's.
Report Spam   Logged

Jody
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 08:52:38 pm »

This group is very new.

It has been around for a couple of weeks (being put together), but it only went public about a week ago.

The mad buggers have posted around 2,000 messages since then. I think they're like kids playing with a new toy!  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Jodes
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 08:54:55 pm »

I actually like the format of these groups. They are going to be a good replacement for the msn groups.
Report Spam   Logged

Jody
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 08:55:19 pm »

Actually, I just went and took a look at the group Stats and the message total is way more than 2,500 in the first week!  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Jodes
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 08:56:55 pm »

That's pretty impressive!
Report Spam   Logged

Jody
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 08:57:43 pm »

I actually like the format of these groups. They are going to be a good replacement for the msn groups.

Yeah, you can do a lot with this type of format.

I've been taking a look around some of the Aussie groups hosted by Simple Machines Forums (SMF For Free) and I don't think the administrators of those groups have quite yet worked out the full possibities of what can be created, or the features you can take advantage of.
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 08:59:06 pm »

We've even banged a Chat Room in this group, although it's still largely experimental at the moment.

The chat room is BITEBACK! (see the link in the menu up the top).
Report Spam   Logged
Jodes
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 09:02:06 pm »

Really? I didn't know this format offered a chat room...that should be fun.
Report Spam   Logged

Jody
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 09:06:38 pm »

SMF don't offer a Chat Room themselves. One of the administrators installed one in the group as an experiment. It's working but is probably open to all & sundry at the moment (including non-members), but we'll probably change that with a lot of tweaking.
Report Spam   Logged
Jodes
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 09:07:54 pm »

Sounds good....well I am off to LOTR's for the 100th time. catch ya later.
Report Spam   Logged

Jody
bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009, 10:20:11 pm »

Hi Jodes, welcome and kia ora...Im gonna pick ur brains if youre a pro phoygrapher, Im keen as hell gonna try make sum bux out of it this year.
cheers

Report Spam   Logged

Lets kill all the warmongers.
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 06:27:22 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 06:55:54 am »

Welcome 10
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 07:34:07 am »

Welcome jodes. I especially like your maturity about the stoopidly childish Aussie vss Kiwi putdowns. It never ceases to amaze me how childish some can be.

I agree with your sentiments here 'I am not into the ridiculously stupid Aussie v's Kiwi crap. I think we both have incredibly beautiful countries and wonderful people who dwell there.'
Report Spam   Logged
Jodes
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 07:45:45 am »

Thanks for the welcomes.

Benny ask away, hopefully I can give you some tips which will help.

Sir Blodsnogger,
I've spent a bit of time in the South Island and apart from some very good natured ribbing, I have found the people to be lovely and they us. We shouldn't be rivals...we are both the lands from down under after all.
My daughter works in hospitality and meets many Kiwi's. They share stories about how they come here for holidays and we go there and again, there is never any animosity. Of course both countires do have those who are Kiwi haters and Aussies haters....I just see them as intolerant twits with no clue. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Jody
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 11:31:25 am »

'I am not into the ridiculously stupid Aussie v's Kiwi crap. I think we both have incredibly beautiful countries and wonderful people who dwell there.'

I think we're gonna stop playing cricket with them though.  Ya just cant trust 'em  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Jodes
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 11:39:00 am »

I hate cricket with a passion. It bothers me not who wins or loses. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Jody
wgtngirl
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 12:15:48 pm »

Hi Jodes

I'd much rather sit and watch paint dry than watch cricket nowdays.  Not as much fun as it used to be in the days of Hadlee, Border, Chappell, Crowe, etc. Sad
Report Spam   Logged
Jodes
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 12:34:02 pm »

I just find it incredibly boring and wankers like Warne only make it worse.
Report Spam   Logged

Jody
Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 04:41:29 pm »

A person can well understand a ferocious rivalry between NZ girls All Blacks  team and the magnificient Springbok South Africans - but not between NZ and Australia.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Jodes
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 04:45:22 pm »

Not into Rugby either.....I prefer Rugby League and The Warriors are my second favourite team.
Report Spam   Logged

Jody
Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2009, 03:35:47 am »

I  do prefer the Bunnies as best.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2009, 06:12:02 am »

Thank goodness some of us still have faith in the sporting prowess of NZ.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: