Xtra News Community 2
April 18, 2024, 01:28:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

USB Hubs

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: USB Hubs  (Read 737 times)
dragontamer
« on: June 28, 2009, 07:34:56 pm »

I've run out of USB ports and need another (damn the keyboard not working with an adaptor like the mouse can).  Anyway, if you were considering buying a hub, which of these would you consider to be the best brand/ most trustworthy?  I only need one more, but can use 4 more easily, and any extras would probably be utilised at some point with kids constantly charging ipods etc.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/SearchResults.aspx?searchType=0002-&searchString=usb+hub&searchregion=16&type=Search

Any suggestions?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Magoo
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 06:39:18 am »

Hi DT.  I am using a Hi Speed 2.0 USB hub with 4 ports and I think I paid about $29 for it from Dick Smith.  I sometimes wonder why people sell stuff like this on line and you have no recourse if there is a problem.  Some of these are getting pretty close to the off the shelf price so probably just as good to go with a newby.
I find it quite handy because I have a wireless mouse and a USB cruzer for roboform and also need to plug in the camera or the handcam quite frequently and I do a bit of digital art and use a wacom tablet via usb and its a pain plugging and unplugging.
TWH have them cheaper but probably better to go with a slightly better one imo.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 08:08:24 am »

Thanks magoo.

I'll toddle down to DS today or tomorrow and pick one up.  The only hangup at the moment is the kids can't charge their ipods.  Boo hoo lol.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: