Xtra News Community 2
April 17, 2024, 08:39:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

All Blacks vs Italy

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All Blacks vs Italy  (Read 1153 times)
Crusader
« on: July 01, 2009, 05:04:13 pm »

I posted this on another thread and was aboultley chewed out crucified for even mentioning it.

Lets be honest, this All Black side was a second string side because so many key players were ridden with injuries. There were a heap of dubutants in that game that have never played test rugby before. There is no way the All Blacks would have played that poor if key players like Ritchie McCaw, Alli Williams, Dan Carter, Conrad Smith, Sitiveni Sitivatu were playing.
All this was, was a perfect opportunity for new players to be blooded into test footy so later on down the track (say the world cup time) if we have a number of injuries like we do now, our stand in players will have a little bit more experience and we won't be caught with our pants down against a much tougher opposition. I bet the Tri Nations will be a different story with the return of all those top level players. At least we won, so take the win you miserable lot.

It was mentioned to me that they are professionals and that is no excuse to the way they played. To which I replied:

Say for example you work in a second hand car sales yard, your top sales people with a heap of experience fall sick for a few weeks and you bring in some up and coming sales people that don't really have much experience at all. Do you think your sales would be down? Would you accept no excuses in that situation? I bet you would. News flash, the All Blacks are not gods, they are mere mortals. It is a proven fact that mortals are not perfect. I don't see you getting out on the rugby field and putting in a better effort.

I still think Robbie Deans makes a better coach than Graham Henry and we made a mistake in re-appointing Henry and letting Deans slip over to Aussie, but we have Henry and lets face it, I don't think he could do much more than he has with all the injuries he has had.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: