Xtra News Community 2
March 28, 2024, 10:33:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Clayton Weatherston admits killing Sophie Elliott

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clayton Weatherston admits killing Sophie Elliott  (Read 3256 times)
dragontamer
« on: June 24, 2009, 12:35:04 pm »

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/2530634/Clayton-Weatherston-admits-killing-Sophie-Elliott

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/213380

His act, his knife.  He should get double the length of the sentence for making the family go to trial.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Brownie55
Global Moderator
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 02:22:17 pm »

....and he says it was only manslaughter because she provoked him. Huh
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
dragontamer
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 03:19:26 pm »

Obviously his parents never taught him about consequences, responsibility or respect.

Arsehole.
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 03:26:10 pm »

What a nasty piece of work.   
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 05:02:11 pm »

I'm certainly no lawyer, but how can someone plead provocation as a defence, when it's stated that he took the knife with him to her home.
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Calliope

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 05:13:11 pm »

Well the trial is proceeding so we will have to wait and see what the jury decides
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
Brownie55
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 09:10:52 pm »

Well the trial is proceeding so we will have to wait and see what the jury decides

let's hope this jury is paying attention.
Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 09:31:47 pm »

I know it would kill me to see what her mother saw. That is just dreadful.
My heart goes out to her.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 01:32:32 pm »

Mother describes watching her daughter being stabbed

The mother of a slain woman has described to the court watching her daughter being stabbed.

Former Otago University tutor Clayton Weatherston, 33, has pleaded not guilty to murdering his ex-girlfriend and student, Sophie Elliott, 22. However, he has admitted manslaughter.

Leslie Elliott, has told the High Court in Christchurch she heard her daughter screaming "don't Clayton" or "stop it Clayton" from the bedroom where they were talking.

Mrs Elliott says the door was locked and she could hear rhythmic thumping and sighing when the screaming ceased.

She initially thought Mr Weatherston was raping her daughter.

Mrs Elliott told the court she got a meat skewer to unlock the door and saw him straddling her bloodied daughter and continuously stabbing her chest, although she was clearly dead.

She says Mr Weatherston leaned over and shut the door in her face.

Earlier on Thursday, Mrs Elliot said her daughter visited Mr Weatherston at his home about two weeks before she died to give him a Christmas present.

She testified that when her daughter said their relationship was over, Mr Weatherston threw her on the bed, putting his arm across her neck and his hand over her mouth.

Mrs Elliott said her daughter managed to leave the house, but did not go to the police because she was leaving Dunedin to take up a job in Wellington.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/stories/2009/06/25/1245b692bb7a
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 02:16:46 am »

he took the knife with him to her home.

If that's true he's a murderer

Nasty fuck he cut bits off her nose,ears,cut her breast and sex organs
i dont know why they told us that on the TV before the trial Huh

He's an arshole so they should lower him down onto a sharp pole
why waste money on a trial just snuff the pigs lights out the filthy fucken animal
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 02:27:44 am by Im2Sexy4MyPants » Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Magoo
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 06:56:30 am »

He's an arshole so they should lower him down onto a sharp pole
why waste money on a trial just snuff the pigs lights out the filthy fucken animal

I have always believed there are those who should be culled from the herd.   This one would be a good candidate.      The girls poor mother saw him.  There is not a shred of doubt.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 04:45:31 pm »

Sophie was 'psycho girlfriend'

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/2555773/Sophie-was-psycho-girlfriend

Let me guess - she held his hands and forced him to slash and slash and slash two hundred and fucken sixteen times all the while taunting him, even after she was beyond speech probably using her slashed eyes to goad him.   Fucken wanker.
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 04:54:57 pm »

I gather that he took the knife with him into the house when he went to see her -if that isn't premeditation what is?

Is he trying to convince the jury that he ment to stab her but not kill her?
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
dragontamer
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 05:14:50 pm »

I gather that he took the knife with him into the house when he went to see her -if that isn't premeditation what is?

Is he trying to convince the jury that he ment to stab her but not kill her?

216 freaken times?  Please God - don't let there be a single person on the jury stupid enough to accept accidentally stabbing her 216 times.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 03:16:57 pm »

Got me beat - I wonder how long it took the cops to get from whereever they were to the house after Mum phoned 111, they dont say, and yet hes had time to stuff her into the suitcase

Sophie Elliott's dead body was dragged across her bedroom and left in the suitcase she had packed to move to Wellington the next day, a court has been told.

Scientific evidence from Environment Science and Research (ESR) expert Michael Taylor is this morning being heard at the trial of Clayton Weatherston in the High Court at Christchurch.

Weatherston, 33, is charged with the murder of his ex-girlfriend Elliott, 22, in the bedroom of her Dunedin home on January 9 last year.

Elliott, an outstanding economics graduate from Otago University, was preparing to move to Wellington to start a job at the Treasury the following day.

Taylor this morning told the 11-person jury that Elliott's body was found resting in a suitcase in the middle of her bedroom. Elliott's buttocks were in the main part of the suitcase and her head was resting on the carpet area just beyond the flap of the case.

She was wearing a white top and a denim skirt. Skin and body parts were found near to her body.

Taylor said there were three main areas of blood staining found on the carpet in Elliott's bedroom.

Between two areas, there was evidence that blood had been smeared, which would support his view that Elliott's body was dragged across the floor to her place of final resting.

An enhanced photograph of the scene using the chemical luminol showed evidence of striations – thin blood lines extending from one area to another. This also suggested a movement of Elliott's body to its final spot.

Taylor said blood splatters showed Elliott had been struck a number of blows to the head.

"She has then be dragged, possibly in the suitcase, to the centre of the room where possibly a number of further blows were given," Taylor said.

There was also evidence of a number of bloody foot and handprints in the bedroom.

Taylor said it was his opinion that the prints had come from either one of the three "intensely blood stained" areas on the floor or directly from Elliott herself.

The orientation of the footprints indicated movement towards a window in the corner and then back again.

The jury saw a photograph which showed evidence of "contact" blood stains on Sophie Elliott's legs. The stains did not not represent bleeding injuries, but blood that was transferred from another surface on to her legs.

Red lines left on the carpet were probably where blood had seeped through the suitcase, Taylor said.

"In my view they are blood stains as a result of blood that has seeped through the lid of the suitcase ... and external pockets of the suitcase. Contact between those and the floor that has given rise to those straight lines,” he said.

Ad Feedback There was also evidence of bloodied hand marks on the duvet of Elliott's bed and of hand prints on the door handle and lock of the door, he said.

There was no semen detected in an area of the room that was tested.

Taylor's evidence is about to continue under cross-examination by defence counsel Judith Ablett-Kerr following a morning adjournment.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/2568352/Sophie-Elliotts-body-left-in-suitcase

The sentence will be interesting, he looks so controlled on telly with a certain depth in his eyes  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Nitpicker1
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2009, 04:01:28 pm »

I wonder how long it took the cops to get from whereever they were to the house after Mum phoned 111, they dont say, and yet hes had time to stuff her into the suitcase

Ravensbourne is approximately halfway between Port Chalmers and Dunedin, guessing maybe 15 minutes by the time between callout and arrival if neither station was otherwise occupied
Report Spam   Logged
Ferney

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 05:09:49 pm »

Sending this arsehole to a saw mill would be a good idea.  A sawmill operated by robots so no person has to do it.    A slow and painful death is too good for him. 
Report Spam   Logged
Brownie55
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 10:20:45 pm »

As a child, he had been frightened on his first day at high school but his elder sister took him.

While his friends stayed with billets on sports trips, Weatherston's parents would come and they would stay in motels with him because he had a bed-wetting problem.

Aaaaah well   we better let him off poor boy.
Report Spam   Logged

sparkels

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 10:46:09 pm »

What was Sophie Elliot's mother doing, while this sod was killing her daughter?  Where did she go?  What was she doing?  Why didn't she kick the bloody door down and try to rescue her daughter?

If it were my daughter, once i'd called the cops, i'd be looking for an axe to bash the door in.  The mother appears insipid and a sad excuse for one.

This bastard tried to chop up her daughter.  How long would it actually take to do this?  An hour, 3/4 hour, 1/2 hour .. 5 minutes?  Bloody long enough for poor Sophie to have been helped, surely. 

The bastard should get the death penalty, imv.  Make new legislation and bring it back, and let these murderer's wait for a 4 by 6 isolation cell 'till their time's up. 

Angry
Report Spam   Logged

Don't worry, be happy.
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 11:05:56 pm »

What was Sophie Elliot's mother doing, while this sod was killing her daughter?  Where did she go?  What was she doing?  Why didn't she kick the bloody door down and try to rescue her daughter?

If it were my daughter, once i'd called the cops, i'd be looking for an axe to bash the door in.  The mother appears insipid and a sad excuse for one.

WHAT???

I hope you are never, never put in this poor woman's situation! We can all say we'd do ....... but FFS she finally managed to open the door to see a lowlife straddling her daughter AFTER he'd stabbed the life out of her. She watched him stabbing and mutilating her wee girl  and you ask where she was and what she was doing. She is not a sad excuse for a mother, if you can't find any empathy for her ... he is scum, but you are a brainless fuckwit.
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Calliope

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2009, 11:38:19 pm »

I am quite sure that if the mother had gotten into the bedroom there would have been two bodies not one.
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2009, 09:26:20 am »

This bastard tried to chop up her daughter.  How long would it actually take to do this?  An hour, 3/4 hour, 1/2 hour .. 5 minutes?  Bloody long enough for poor Sophie to have been helped, surely. 

The bastard should get the death penalty, imv.  Make new legislation and bring it back, and let these murderer's wait for a 4 by 6 isolation cell 'till their time's up. 

Angry

I dont think youve followed the case very well - otherwise these questions wouldnt need to be asked. Jesus, I trust you never find yourself in this position - poor Mum.   Cry
Report Spam   Logged

chrismrky

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2009, 01:54:04 pm »

nzherald.co.nz
National RSS Email Print
Sophie Elliott 'very forward', court told
Updated 1:26PM Thursday Jul 09, 2009
By Jarrod Booker

Clayton Weatherston told the court he didn't think he would be an easy person to have a relationship with when he was stressed. Photo / The Press / Pool

A former university economics tutor has told the High Court the ex-girlfriend he killed and mutilated was callous in outlining her previous sexual experiences with other men.

Clayton Weatherston said Sophie Elliott was "more forward than I had ever encountered" when she first approached him in May, 2007, at Otago University where he was a lecturer and she was a student. He said Miss Elliott would ask him to list the things he liked about her, and provide her own lists of things that she did and did not like about him.

Weatherston, 33, is giving evidence in the High Court at Christchurch where he is on trial for the murder of Miss Elliott, 22, on January 9 last year.

Weatherston stabbed and cut Miss Elliott 216 times in her bedroom in her Dunedin family home, and admits he is guilty of manslaughter. However he says he was provoked by Miss Elliott, and lost control.

The pair had previously been in a tumultuous relationship, while Weatherston had lectured Miss Elliott in economics at Otago University. Weatherston's defence team say his unique psychological make-up meant he was ill-equipped to handle this relationship.
Weatherston said Miss Elliott first approached him at his university office in May, 2007, because she was seeking help about interviews she had coming up in Wellington. She came in "almost begrudgingly".

Two or three weeks later they had a conversation of three to four hours that lasted into the evening, and they had something to eat together.

"She was very forward. More forward that I had ever encountered before. In terms of.....flirtation, in terms of her interest in me," Weatherston said.

"She said I could call her at any stage."

"I was very flattered by it of course. She was very engaging. She had a lot energy......a lot of zest."

Weatherston said Miss Elliott invited him to her home, where they watched DVDs and he ended up staying the night there. They did not have sex, but Miss Elliott's mother was disappointed in her daughter.

Miss Elliott spoke about her previous relationships. Weatherston said he understood she was available and single, but subsequently found out "there may have been something".

Later they almost engaged in sex and Weatherston said it left him feeling "pretty vulnerable really".

But he thought it could be quite good - "I could foresee a pretty good sexual relationship".

Weatherston said he attended a 21st birthday of a friend of Miss Elliott's, and she got jealous about him talking to other women.

When they met later, Weatherston said Miss Elliott made some comments he didn't take too kindly to. She spoke explicitly about a former boyfriend and her sex life with him.

He said Miss Elliott told him the former boyfriend had a penis that was ridiculously out of proportion with his body, spoke about sex they would have, and at how it could be painful for her.

"For me, I couldn't understand where it was coming from. I was extremely disappointed," Weatherston said.

"I was crestfallen by it all."

Weatherston said it seemed quite callous and "a fairly self-destructive thing to do".

"My natural instinct was one of repulsion. I didn't want to think of her with someone else."

He said he was mindful of pandering to her insecurities "unlike what she was doing to me".

At a later time, when they were in a spa together, Weatherston said Miss Elliott asked him to list all of the things he liked about her. He said Miss Elliott also had her own list of things that she did and did not like about him.

This guy is a complete and utter nutter!!! Angry Angry
he has taken the stand, and now seems to want to paint a picture that it was all her fault...WTF!!

reminds me of the 'old' days when it was a womans fault to get raped because she wore a short skirt....for heavens sake just put him out of his delusional misery.

he is not insane by any means..... just a complete and utter nutter  (I could/would use stronger language but I would probably be banned)

Report Spam   Logged

today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday....is it really been that bad today?

If we can put two men on the moon.....why cant we put the whole lot there? eh?
Ferney

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2009, 03:57:15 pm »

The defence lawyers are down there with dishonest car salesman.  "If he had gone there intending to kill her, he would have taken a larger knife" ..and "he wouldn't  have been able to see clearly with his glasses knocked off"   Pleeesse!....and some jury members may believe that.

It was usual for him to carry a knife? a kitchen knife?   He had a knife he could conceal and he seems to have done the job of killing her with it and with no spectacles. 

This nutter should be in prison for his natural life, because he will do this again, I'm sure of that.

Mr F is telling me that he thinks he will get off with guilty of manslaughter.  He says he is sure of that.  I hope he is wrong!
If he does get manslaughter, how on earth can lawyers live with that ??   Angry  very  Angry
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 04:30:53 pm by Ferney » Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2009, 04:27:56 pm »

I watched and listened to him talking to his lawyer on the news last night.

I thought about the jury listening to him, I cant see how they can let him off with m/slaughter, hes admitting hes a difficult person, possessive, jealous, demanding and controlling - she was pulling away and he was loosing control - he took a weapon (forget how big it is) - he intended to cause her some harm.  Her Mums testimony was powerful - lets hope the jury continue to remember the images she had to reiterate to them.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: