Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 08:29:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Telecom to shift MORE jobs off shore

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Telecom to shift MORE jobs off shore  (Read 188 times)
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« on: February 04, 2009, 07:45:35 am »

Telecom will outsource a further 250 contact centre jobs to Manila in the next year and a half, bring the total number of the company's staff there to 700.

The latest shift includes Telecom's broadband support helpdesk. The company will keep its 123 and *123 call centre in Hamilton, its largest call centre.

The move follows a year of trials examining customer satisfaction with offshore contact centres.

"Put simply, if the customer experience offshore could not be proven to match the experience provided by New Zealand-based call centres, we did not proceed," said Alan Gourdie, CEO Telecom Retail.

He said trials had shown technical calls were handled well by off-shore staff.

When the migration of these roles is complete, Telecom will have around 1600 contact centre positions in New Zealand, and 700 positions outsourced in Manila.

Mr Gourdie said the past year had been a time of uncertainty for staff.

"Due to the long timeframe for the migration, we expect the total number of redundancies to be very limited," Mr Gourdie said.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4837654a13.html?source=RSStopstories_20090204
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 08:00:11 am »

The rumour mill had the 123 desk in Hamilton going as well or other positions in Hamilton heading off shore.

The broardband helpdesk moving is no great surprise, the writing has been on the wall there for a while.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 08:02:16 am »

This is really sick - Ive got to a stage now where if I ring and get an overseas place - I wil hang up and go see them personally.  I will not support overseas staffing for NZ operated companies.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
wgtngirl
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 08:07:45 am »

Rang them once to query some product and when the person I got finished talking I said "I'm sorry but I didn't understand a word you said" and I ended up going into the local telecom shop to get answers.  Telecom charge so much for line rental, internet, etc but are saving money by putting the jobs offshore.  No doubt, instead of having to pay a NZ'er $12ph they will only have to pay a filipino $12 per day.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 08:16:34 am »

Left telecom several years ago.The call centre staff seemed to be located somewhere in India, and to put it plainly, were just incompetent.

I changed providers, the insoluble problem with telecom was fixed instantly, and I have never regretted the move for a second!
I recommend the move to anyone!
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 08:21:09 am »

Yep we changed to Telstra with ALL our telecommunications/comps etc and havent regretted it.
Report Spam   Logged

Brownie55
Global Moderator
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 08:24:22 am »

WE are with telstra as well. They even gave me one of their cell phones free.
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 08:43:32 am »

WE are with telstra as well. They even gave me one of their cell phones free.

How and why?  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: