Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 10:18:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

“Dumbfuck of the Week” Award

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: “Dumbfuck of the Week” Award  (Read 7222 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
« on: June 18, 2009, 12:43:06 pm »

Man lights up cannabis joint in Parliament

NZPA | 11:26AM - Thursday, 18 June 2009

A man briefly lit up a cannabis joint in Parliament before being nabbed by security yesterday.

The man lit the joint in the public gallery about 5.30pm during the second reading of the Resource Management (Climate Protection) Amendment Bill.

He was quickly grabbed by security and removed. There was no indication it was any sort of protest, said Parliamentary Services spokesman Warren Inkster.

Apart from breaking drug laws, the man would have broken Parliamentary codes of conduct surrounding behaviour in the chamber, Mr Inkster said.

Parliament's premises were also non-smoking.

The matter had been handed over to police, he said.

Parliamentary police were unavailable for comment and Wellington police were unable to provide any further details.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2512850/Man-lights-up-cannabis-joint-in-Parliament
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 12:44:27 pm »

New Zealand Police Alert 5:05am 3 Jul 2009 Southern

Location of incident: Invercargill

Incident type: Triple Fatality - Invercargill City 3 July 2009

3 July 2009

MEDIA RELEASE FROM THE INVERCARGILL POLICE

Triple Fatality - Invercargill City 3 July 2009

Invercargill Emergency Services attended a vehicle crash at 12.35am on Friday morning in Leven Street Invercargill.

On arrival police found a Honda Civic car that had slammed into the side of a commercial building.

Three of the occupants were deceased.  A forth person has been taken to hospital with serious injuries.

All four persons are males aged in their teens.  Formal identification of the deceased has yet to be completed.

The scene has been secured.  The vehicle remains in situ to allow further investigation in the day light.

Police would like to speak to any one who may information concerning the crash or sightings of the vehicle earlier on Leven Street.

The vehicle is a modified Honda Civic colour purple and had been travelling north on Leven Street immediately prior to the crash.

Police wish to advise the public that the section of Leven Street between Gala and Leet streets is closed.  Alternative access has been provided for businesses that are affected.

Police apologise for any inconvenience this might cause and are unable to specify a time that the road closures will be lifted.

Olaf Jensen
Inspector
Invercargill

Issued By: Senior Sergeant Jason McCoy

Perhaps a Darwin Award would be more appropriate in this case?
Report Spam   Logged
Brownie55
Global Moderator
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 12:48:23 pm »

I think I read that the 3 deceased are all brothers.   
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 01:13:02 pm »

No doubt doing stupid boy-racer stuff that got out of control.

I wonder what it was? Donuts? Handbrake slides? Drag-racing on city streets?
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 03:52:16 pm »

.. in a honda civic?

How sad for their Mums & Dads.  Angry  or is it Mum & Dad OMG.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
robman
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 06:42:19 pm »

Not brothers by the sound of it..

The car's driver, Jesse William Langeveld, 19, and passengers Tyler James Parry, 16, and Ethan James Peek, 16, were killed when the modified Honda Civic they were in crashed into the side of a commercial building on Leven Street at 12.35am.

A fourth male, also 16, remained in a serious condition at Southland Hospital this afternoon.

Report Spam   Logged

I once thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.
Magoo
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 06:50:20 pm »

What a tragic thing to happen. 
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 06:54:14 pm »

What a tragic thing to happen. 

Yes.  And to affect so many. Families, friends, schoolmates, teachers plus all the emergency services workers
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 07:46:56 pm »

Hmm after seeing this on the news - just tragic - cant imagine the pain.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Brownie55
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 09:58:57 pm »

Young kids   boyracers   stupid   

but I don't think the title  “Dumbfuck of the Week”

is appropriate. 
Report Spam   Logged

Crusader
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 10:17:57 pm »

What about

'Congratulations idiot you just killed yourself and two others - was showing off worth it?'
Report Spam   Logged
robman
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2009, 03:30:42 pm »

As I remember from my own days of doing dumb, life threatening but exhilarating shit, we were all in it together. Driver and passengers carried away by bravado.
Report Spam   Logged

I once thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.
Magoo
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 08:14:44 am »

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2577209/Its-not-a-tragedy-its-a-travesty/

It's not a tragedy - it's a travesty

I thought this story in Dumb(f**ks of the week thread was a bit off until I saw this boys coffin plastered in Tui beer stickers.   Perhaps that would make a Tui ad.   This boy was 16 and it would seem his life was best remembered on this occasion by a beer label.   Something wrong with this picture.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2577200/City-teenager-Ethan-Peek-laid-to-rest
Today's teens had computers, cellphones, the dream of souped-up cars that could go fast, the thrill of the taste of bourbon and the hair that was never brushed.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 08:22:29 am by Magoo » Report Spam   Logged
Brownie55
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2009, 08:50:38 am »

Yep the tui stickers changed my mind.   Good product placement ?
Report Spam   Logged

Newtown-Fella
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2009, 12:10:21 pm »

Stupid thieves flog fake phones

MORELIA, Mexico - Call it the case of the dead cells - both telephones and the ones in the brain.

Employees at a Telefonica Movistar cell-phone store in Morelia, Mexico say they arrived one recent morning to find that the store had been broken into.

An examination of the shop revealed the only items missing were hollow replica phones for display that are completely useless for making calls.

Employees say the clueless thieves overlooked real mobile phones and cash in another part of the shop.

Store owners nonetheless reported the theft to local police, who are investigating.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology/news/article.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=10583399
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2009, 08:38:44 pm »

‘Idiot’ drivers stuck in Hutt River

The Dominion Post | 5:00AM - Monday, 20 July 2009

STUCK: Two drivers who got their four-wheel-drives stuck in the Hutt River have been described as inexperienced “idiots” after one vehicle became stuck and the other was driven in to tow the first one out. — PHIL REID/The Dominion Post.

STUCK: Two drivers who got their four-wheel-drives stuck in
the Hutt River have been described as inexperienced “idiots”
after one vehicle became stuck and the other was driven in
to tow the first one out. — PHIL REID/The Dominion Post.

Two drivers who got their four-wheel-drives stuck in the Hutt River have been described as inexperienced "idiots" who did not not know what they were doing.

Police said the first vehicle got stuck overnight on Saturday between Silverstream and Stokes Valley, and was soon joined by a second four-wheel-drive, which was driven into the river to try to tow the other out.

The two trucks spent the night half submerged in the river before being towed out by a third 4WD yesterday.

Wellington's Cross Country Vehicle Club committee member Roger Seymour said there was a track going into the river but it was a recreational area and, at the Greater Wellington regional council's request, no one in a club would drive in.

"It's stupid and pointless and the sort of thing that just shouldn't be done.

"It's like driving on beaches where people walk.

"It's the sort of thing that gives four-wheel driving a bad name."

Another four-wheel-drive club's president, who reported the trucks to police, was disgusted by the drivers' actions and believed they were also responsible for "burnout" marks on the grass above the river.

"The first guy's an idiot and the second one didn't know what they were doing.

"They must have been inexperienced because you just don't go in a river like that. It does too much damage to habitats."

He said four-wheel-drive clubs had to get permits and pay for access to forests or land which was deemed acceptable for driving.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/wellington/2607924/Idiot-drivers-stuck-in-Hutt-River
Report Spam   Logged
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 01:00:03 pm »

i wonder if shes blonde as well ...?

Car crashes into store after sandal slip-up

Police believe a woman who crashed her car through a Hamilton shop window this morning was trying to put a sandal on at the time.

While the 23-year-old driver was not injured, a 33-year-old shop assistant at the Video Ezy store hurt a shoulder when the car struck the counter at 9.25am.

The Fire Service was called in to assess whether it was safe to remove the car from the building.

It appeared the woman was trying to pull on a sandal at the time, police said.

As she pushed her foot down she caught the accelerator, propelling the car into the store.

Drivers needed to be reminded that their focus should be on controlling their vehicle, "not divided by texting, using cell phones or trying to slip on footwear", police said.

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/5748143/car-crashes-into-store-after-sandal-slip-up/
Report Spam   Logged
DidiMau69
Shit-Hot Member

On patrol Bien Hoa Province 1969

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 03:16:03 pm »

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/wellington/2673574/Gang-terror-case-folds-as-witness-won-t-testify

Two qualifiers for DFotW in this story. The stupid woman who has allowed herself to be intimidated by these monkeys and the incompetent JP.

Report Spam   Logged

Walk softly and carry a big stick. - Theodore Roosevelt.
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 03:52:42 pm »

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/wellington/2673574/Gang-terror-case-folds-as-witness-won-t-testify

Two qualifiers for DFotW in this story. The stupid woman who has allowed herself to be intimidated by these monkeys and the incompetent JP.

just think that the kids of these arse holes are going to be tomorrows leaders of this country ....

the leader of the local gang could well be the PM ...

then think about the control that the gangs will have over the country ....
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2009, 11:35:15 pm »

OFF THE AIR.
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2009, 01:24:08 pm »

$3k fine for Australian tourist

By WILL HINE - The Southland Times | 5:00AM - Thursday, 23 July 2009

An Australian tourist who filled his vehicle's diesel tank with petrol faces a bill for more than $3800 after dumping the fuel in central Wanaka.

Queenstown Lakes District harbourmaster Marty Black said the motorist stopped at BP in Ardmore Street in Wanaka after 7pm on Sunday.

After mistakenly filling his van's tank with petrol, the driver moved the van to the back of the garage and dumped the fuel on to an area of dirt. He then used anti-freeze to flush the tank before dumping this as well.

"The next morning when the service station guys came to work they smelt it and called us," Mr Black said.

Captured on a surveillance camera dumping the "highly toxic" cocktail, the man was traced to a Wanaka address by Lakes Environmental and Wanaka police.

Mr Black said the man would be slapped with a $750 infringement fine and a bill for about $3100 of cleanup costs. "Invariably, these things always end up in the waterways why should the community have to pay thousands of dollars to clean that up?"

Lakes Environmental compliance manager Tim Francis said the tourist was 27 years old, from Western Australia.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-times/news/queenstown/2664922/3k-fine-for-Australian-tourist
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2009, 07:19:30 am »

The title should be changed to Dumbph of the day award....

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2679530/Driver-cheats-death-in-icy-plunge/Driver cheats death in icy plunge
By MARK HOTTON in Queenstown - The Southland Times
Last updated 05:00 28/07/2009

An Arrowtown woman cheated death three times in a crash that has stunned fire and police officers.

Arrowtown chief fire officer Garry Hall said firefighters were amazed to find the 20-year-old alive when they arrived at the scene about 3am yesterday.

The woman was driving north in Bedford St when she clipped a stone traffic island, travelled about 40m before ploughing through a fence, demolishing a garden shed and then striking a stone barbecue.

That impact "pirouetted" the four-wheel-drive 180 degrees in the air and the vehicle plunged into an iced-over swimming pool that sits about 1.5m above the ground.

A length of timber also pierced the windscreen, narrowly missing her head.

The woman received minor injuries.

Constable Duncan Faulkner said he was amazed the vehicle had pirouetted into the pool, landing the right way up.

"I think she was a very lucky lady. To avoid having her head impaled, then avoid being drowned, and avoid hitting the house behind the pool is incredibly lucky."

Investigations were continuing but alcohol was thought to be involved, he said.

Mr Hall said officers checked the property and pool to make sure no passengers had been thrown from the vehicle.

"It's quite incredible really. I've seen some stupid things from time to time but that's definitely up there with the rest of them.

"The fact that no-one was injured is incredible. How someone survived that, well I just don't know."

Property owner Graeme Heazlewood has been holidaying in the North Island for a week with his wife and was shocked when The Southland Times broke the news of the crash to him yesterday.

"We're devastated. I've just done all that area up. The shed is new and we've done a lot of work in that backyard recently. We're just pleased no-one was badly injured."

A crane removed the vehicle from the pool yesterday.
Report Spam   Logged
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2009, 03:34:01 pm »

Suspect nabbed at station

A young man suspected of robbing a Masterton bank was found waiting for a train just 30 minutes after the heist.

The ANZ bank in Queen St was held up about 2.45pm yesterday.

"The lone person handed a note to the teller implying he was armed and demanded cash," Senior Sergeant Warwick Burr said. "He had a jacket pulled up to cover his lower face."

The robber was given an undisclosed amount of money. He fled, dropping his jacket in an empty car park nearby. The area was cordoned off and patrols searched the area.

A man was arrested 30 minutes later at Masterton railway station, about 1.5km away. Money was found on him. It was unclear where he was going, but a train to Wellington was due in at 3.40pm.

A 19-year-old man will appear in Masterton District Court today charged with aggravated robbery.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/central-north-island/2716384/Suspect-nabbed-at-station
Report Spam   Logged
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2009, 08:45:11 pm »

Smooth criminal leaves name, number at record store

A man who stole a wad of cash from a Christchurch record store on Friday afternoon gave police an easy trail to follow after reserving a Pink Floyd album and leaving his name and phone number in a book behind the counter.

The thief, a regular customer, was also caught in the act by CCTV cameras, Penny Lane Records owner Garry Knight told NZPA.

The footage showed the man waiting until a store employee was busy with another customer before hitting a button to open the cash register, grabbing a wad of $10 and $20 notes and running out of the store about 5.15pm.

Only minutes earlier, he had taken a copy of Pink Floyd's The Wall album to the desk and asked for staff to hold it for him, leaving behind his contact details.

Mr Knight said the man had to rank among the stupidest of thieves.

"It's got to be up there as one of the dumbest things," he said.

Mr Knight would not say how much cash was taken, but said the store carried a large float because it purchased pre-loved records.

As it was late in the day, the takings in the register would have been substantial, he said.

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/5819781/smooth-criminal-leaves-name-number-at-record-store/
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2009, 12:35:21 pm »

Half naked ‘mooner’ dragged by train

REUTERS | Tuesday, 13 October 2009

A German man mooning at railway staff in a departing train got his trousers caught in a carriage door and ended up being dragged half naked along the platform, out of the station and onto the tracks.

The 22-year-old journalism student shoved his backside against the window of a low-slung double-decker train when staff forced him off in Lauenbrueck for travelling without a ticket, a spokesman for police in the northern city of Bremen said.

"It's a miracle he wasn't badly hurt," the spokesman said. "This sort of thing can end up killing you."

Instead, dangling by his trousers, the man got pulled along for about 200 metres, all the while managing to keep his legs away from the wheels of the train.

The ordeal ended when a passenger pulled the emergency brake. Rescues services were called in, causing rail services between Bremen and Hamburg to be suspended for over an hour, delaying 23 trains.

The man — unharmed except for cuts and bruises — now faces charges of dangerous interference in rail transport, insulting the train staff, and may face sizeable a compensation claim for the delays he caused, police said.

"He was full of remorse when I talked to him," the spokesman said. "And he advised others not to try the same thing."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/oddstuff/2958558/Half-naked-mooner-dragged-by-train
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: