Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 09:31:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

“Dumbfuck of the Week” Award

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: “Dumbfuck of the Week” Award  (Read 7245 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2011, 04:10:41 pm »

Bus driver reading paper at the wheel

The Dominion Post | 3:08PM - Thursday, 10 November 2011

A WELLINGTON BUS DRIVER was spotted reading a newspaper while ferrying passengers down Manners Street, already the scene of several recent accidents.

A witness said she was sitting at the front left of the bus, giving her a prime view as the driver scanned the paper.

"I found it a bit ironic that she was reading the obituaries section," Jennifer Niven said.

Ms Niven, a Capital Times journalist, said she was sitting at the front left of the bus, giving her a prime view as the driver scanned the paper.

"I was watching her quite closely, because I thought it was pretty odd," she said.

At first the driver was only reading the paper while the bus was stopped to pick up passengers last Friday afternoon.

But she carried on reading while the bus moved down Manners Street.

The driver seemed most interested in The Dominion Post's obituary of executive director of the Business Roundtable Roger Kerr, who died recently.

"There was a point on Manners Street where she seemed to pick it up and scan it while the bus was in motion," Miss Niven said.

"I was a bit concerned because there were a lot of Wellington College students on the bus."

A Go Wellington spokeswoman said the company was looking into the alleged incident.

It had no further comment.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/5942871/Bus-driver-reading-paper-at-the-wheel
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2011, 12:46:24 pm »

re http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/5942871/Bus-driver-reading-paper-at-the-wheel

Pics or it didn't happen

Wot?  not even cellphone pix?

The pic carried by what looks like the original story in the Capital Times doesn't even cut the mustard!

I want to see proof - actual pics of the actual driver reading the actual paper with an identifiable view of the actual location and actual date and page of the paper even if the driver's face is faded out.

http://www.capitaltimes.co.nz/Bus-driver-reads-obituary-on-the-job

Pics or it didn't happen

Wot?  not even cellphone pix?

Surveillance camera pics don't count. 

Seems that Ms Niven, a Capital Times journalist according to the Dom story,  might have been dreaming up headlines

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2011, 01:13:51 pm »

How do you time how long you sit at traffic lights? with a stop watch or by the number of songs on the radio or by the number of phases it takes to get though?

I don't know if it is still common in Auckland as it is over 15 years since I caught buses daily but I recall many drivers with a magazine or paper on standby for those times they were waiting at stops or waiting for the lights to change.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2011, 12:52:53 pm »

Plane flew through military exercise

By KATIE CHAPMAN - The Dominion Post | 5:00AM - Thursday, 01 December 2011

A CIVILIAN PILOT of a light plane risked being hit with a 225-kilogram bomb, being struck by shrapnel, or being thrown off course by shockwaves when flying through the middle of a military exercise.

Orion aircraft were practising bombing runs over the Kaipara weapons range on February 28 when the light plane flew through the military operating area.

Live 225kg high-explosive bombs were being dropped at the time.

An account of the incident has been published in the Civil Aviation Authority's Vector magazine to warn pilots to take more caution when planning flight paths.

Royal New Zealand Air Force flight safety officer Squadron Leader Rachel James said the range control officer had detected the approaching plane and the Orion was able to stop the practice runs before the plane flew through.

Squadron Leader James said the situation was potentially very dangerous.

Pilots flying through those areas during bombing runs risked not only being hit by the bomb, but being hit by flying fragments from the exploded bomb, being blinded by the flash and losing control of the plane from shockwaves, she said.

They had been unable to trace the pilot, but assumed he or she failed to check the Notices to Airmen (NOTAMs) warnings put out whenever military air space was being used.

"It's not a good environment for a civilian to be flying through."

A Civil Aviation Authority spokeswoman said military operating areas were only closed to the public when a notice had been issued, which showed the importance of pilots checking the warnings before taking off.

There have been four instances this year when planes have flown through military areas, and there were 10 last year.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/6065032/Plane-flew-through-military-exercise
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2011, 10:39:57 am »

Train rumbles over sleeping man

By SAM MORTON - The Marlborough Express | 9:14AM - Wednesday, 07 December 2011

A HEAVILY INTOXICATED Blenheim man slept between railway tracks as a train rumbled over the top of him in Blenheim early on Saturday, police say.

The train driver phoned police and told them he may have run over somebody on the railway tracks at the Dillons Point Road crossing in Blenheim about 5am.

"The driver wasn't sure if it was clothing he had gone over or not," Constable Michelle Stagg of Blenheim said. "When police arrived, sure enough there he was, asleep between the tracks."

Police woke the the man, who they said was very drunk, and found the only injuries he had were some minor cuts to his forehead. He had been lying on his back between the tracks as the southbound freight train passed over him.

"He was very lucky to have only a few minor cuts on him, it's amazing really," Miss Stagg said. The man has not been charged, she said.

KiwiRail senior communications adviser Jenni Austin said KiwiRail continued to be horrified by the reckless actions of some individuals near railway tracks.

"This man is obviously extremely lucky, but it really is horrifying to picture it. These people put their lives into grave danger and cause considerable distress to our drivers." Ms Richardson urged the public to keep clear of the rail tracks at all times and only cross the tracks at designated level crossings.

"Trains cannot swerve and by the time our drivers see someone on the tracks, it is usually too late for them to be able to stop. It is illegal for people to be on the rail corridor for good reason ... keep clear of them."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/marlborough-express/news/6098228/Train-rumbles-over-sleeping-man
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2011, 08:02:23 pm »

Man stands in path of train

The Marlborough Express | 4:00PM - Tuesday, 13 December 2011

A 20-YEAR-OLD MAN ignored the flashing lights and barrier arms at a Blenheim railway crossing and stood in the path of an oncoming train, police say.

Stephen William Moss was sentenced to 80 hours' community work when he appeared in the Blenheim District Court yesterday after admitting a charge of criminal nuisance.

Police prosecutor Sergeant Graeme Eden said Moss was standing on the railway line on Redwood Street and Main Street about 3am on November 20.

The north-bound train was about 30 metres away from him when a police car sounded its horn for him to get off the tracks.

Moss moved only about three or four seconds before the train passed, Mr Eden said.

He told police he just wanted to cross the road.

Moss' lawyer Laurie Murdoch said Moss was reckless, but he had pleaded guilty at the first opportunity.

She said he was with his girlfriend at the crossing. Moss went to cross, but his girlfriend didn't want to, so he turned back to get her and stepped into the path of the train.

Judge Tony Zohrab said the train may have been 30 metres away from him but would have taken a second to get to him.

"It's one thing if you want to kill yourself by your actions, but I'm thinking about the poor train driver and the police officers who have to pick up the pieces."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/marlborough-express/news/6130139/Man-stands-in-path-of-train
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2012, 01:06:29 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCmmhQdw-0A&feature=player_embedded

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/6240936/Supermarket-scuffle-video-leads-to-arrest   
Report Spam   Logged
Crusader
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2012, 01:28:05 pm »

Who were the shoplifters? All I see is two guys trying to grab bags off some girls.
Report Spam   Logged
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2012, 01:30:26 pm »

they be claiming treaty rights next ...

i read that 1 women is 50 and 1 is 30 ..... !!

Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2012, 02:14:52 pm »

Who were the shoplifters? All I see is two guys trying to grab bags off some girls.
The two guys are security staff at that Countdown store Crusader.   
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2012, 02:46:34 pm »

Brilliant

ya gotta be tuff to be a security officer because they breed tuff stuff in Taupo! 

.... Rotorua police have arrested two women after watching a YouTube posting of an incident at a Countdown supermarket in the town ....

The YouTube posting of the supermarket incident has been viewed about 16,000 times.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/6240936/Supermarket-scuffle-video-leads-to-arrest

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Ferney
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2012, 03:49:35 pm »

Its obvious the men are shop or security staff by their uniform and shops have the right to inspect bags.
Until I read it was Rotorua I thought it might have been Manurewa.   Similar scum.

I came up against 2 before Xmas who did the haka at me because they walked into the side of my car at a roundabout.
Funny (not) their reaction that somehow it was my fault.

Again today as I was driving on a main road, 2 in a van came out of a side road forcing me to stop or I'd have run into them and then they drove on doing the fingers out the window.  Pity something hadn't come along the other way and swiped their fingers off.   Better still their arms.   Don't know what their hurry was unless they had just committed a burglary. 

« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 03:55:52 pm by Ferney » Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2012, 04:39:54 pm »

I know of a dumbfuck of the week....

Last week (on Wednesday) I almost ran a dumbfuck over near Horokiwi on the western shoreline of Wellington Harbour.

He was wearing dark clothing and was on the rail corridor at a place where there are lots of young pohutukawa trees, so he blended into the surroundings. He had a car parked on the verge of the adjacent SH2, but sticking out slightly into one of the traffic lanes.

Fortunately for him, a temporary 40km/h speed restriction begins right at the spot where he was bent over with his back to trains coming up behind him, so when I suddenly realised he was there and gave him a blast of the locomotive horn, he had time to get clear.

I notified train control as there was an electric-multiple-unit train only about four minutes behind me and the train controller made sure the unit driver was aware of the tresspasser on the tracks.

The unit driver slowed right down as he couldn't see the tresspasser, but as he got closer he noticed he was crouching down behind one of the young pohutukawa trees (which in the view of the unit driver was extremely suss), so the unit driver crossed to the other side of his cab and wrote down the rego number of the dumbfuck's car which was still on the verge of SH2, but foul of one of the traffic lanes. The unit driver then passed the rego number over to train control, who passed it on to the cops (who were already on the way to the scene).

When the cops got there a few minutes later, the tresspasser and his car were gone. However, a few minutes later, another police patrol spotted the car on Aotea Quay in Wellington and pulled it over to check it out. The cops noticed that the rear of the car was well down on the suspension and the driver was rather evasive when questioned. So the cops checked out what was in the boot and discovered it full of railway track fastenings (from a track-relaying job which had just been completed, hence the reason for the 40km/h temporary speed restriction). The dumbfuck had obviously been helping himself from the rail corridor in broad daylight at 1:00pm right next to a busy SH2 (no doubt planning to sell his ill-gotten gain to a scrap metal dealer)....and he had come very close to being bowled by a train (which would have really fucked up his day if it had happened) in the process.

Needless to say, he was BUSTED for theft and being unlawfully on a rail corridor by the cops....what a DUMBFUCK!!     
Report Spam   Logged

Newtown-Fella
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2012, 02:28:02 pm »

they speak they can be identified since the stupid cameraman showed their faces .....

US investigates video of soldiers urinating on corpses

The US Marine Corps will investigate a video showing what appear to be American forces in Afghanistan urinating on the bodies of dead Taliban fighters.

The video, which was posted on YouTube and other websites, shows four men in camouflage Marine combat uniforms urinating on the bodies of three dead Taliban.

One of them jokes: "Have a nice day, buddy." Another makes a lewd joke about a shower.

"While we have not yet verified the origin or authenticity of this video, the actions portrayed are not consistent with our core values and are not indicative of the character of the Marines in our Corps," the Marines said in a statement.

"This matter will be fully investigated."

Two US military officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the video appeared to be authentic at first look but Reuters could not independently verify the video or its source.

A Muslim civil rights group in the United States condemned the alleged desecration of corpses in a letter to Defence Secretary Leon Panetta.

"Any guilty parties must be punished to the full extent allowed by the Uniform Code of Military Justice and by relevant American laws," the Council on American-Islamic Relations said in the letter, a copy of which was sent to media organisations.

The video could aggravate anti-American sentiment in Afghanistan after a decade of a war that seen other cases of abuse. The US military has been prosecuting soldiers from the Army's 5th Stryker Brigade on charges of murdering unarmed Afghan civilians while deployed in 2010 in Kandahar province.

In that case, photographs published last March by two magazines - Der Spiegel and Rolling Stone - showed soldiers posing with the bloodied corpse of an Afghan boy they had just killed.

The Marine video release comes at a sensitive moment, with Washington trying to promote Afghan reconciliation as US troops gradually withdraw from the country.

US Ambassador Marc Grossman is due to visit Afghanistan and Qatar next week for talks with the Afghan and Qatar governments.

At the Pentagon, Captain John Kirby said the defence department was "deeply troubled" by the video.

"Whoever it is, and whatever the circumstances - which we know is under investigation - it is egregious behaviour and unacceptable for a member of the military," Kirby, a Pentagon spokesman, said.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/6247723/US-investigates-video-of-soldiers-urinating-on-corpses

http://www.stuff.co.nz/lightbox/world/videos/6247365/Troops-urinating-on-corpses-warning-graphic?KeepThis=true
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #114 on: January 14, 2012, 10:03:32 am »

Smoker badly burned filling mower
By Natalie Akoorie 9:12 AM Saturday Jan 14, 2012

A man suffered serious burns when petrol he poured into a lawnmower was set alight by his cigarette - and safety experts say he's not alone.

The Tauranga 29-year-old set fire to himself and his house when he tried to fill his mower with petrol on Thursday while smoking a cigarette.

Neighbours dashed to his aid when they saw him running screaming from his Alverstoke Rd house in Parkvale about 3.20pm.

The Housing NZ house was significantly damaged. A woman at the property was also injured.

The man was yesterday recovering in Waikato Hospital with serious burns to his legs and superficial burns to his face and arm...
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10778654

Was thsi bloke trying to win a Darwin Award?
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2012, 11:43:30 am »

re http://xtranewscommunity2.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,2759.0/msg,126353.html

so what does he decide to give up - lawnmowing or smoking?

Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #116 on: January 14, 2012, 12:08:35 pm »

A man suffered serious burns when petrol he poured into a lawnmower was set alight by his cigarette - and safety experts say he's not alone.

The Tauranga 29-year-old set fire to himself and his house when he tried to fill his mower with petrol on Thursday while smoking a cigarette.

Neighbours dashed to his aid when they saw him running screaming from his Alverstoke Rd house in Parkvale about 3.20pm.

The Housing NZ house was significantly damaged. A woman at the property was also injured.

The man was yesterday recovering in Waikato Hospital with serious burns to his legs and superficial burns to his face and arm...

He's won the Darwin Award without doubt!
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #117 on: January 14, 2012, 12:59:41 pm »

OOOps - did he fail to recover?

Report Spam   Logged

DidiMau69
Shit-Hot Member

On patrol Bien Hoa Province 1969

« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2012, 05:59:12 am »

OOOps - did he fail to recover?

[/quote]

He probably won't recover when his missus catches up with him!
Report Spam   Logged

Walk softly and carry a big stick. - Theodore Roosevelt.
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #119 on: April 01, 2012, 03:20:43 pm »

Man charged after driving car onto tracks

Fairfax NZ News | 10:35PM - Saturday, 31 March 2012

KAPITI POLICE have charged a 59-year-old man in relation to an incident on the railway lines in Waikanae tonight.

Sergeant Mike George of the Kapiti Mana Police Strategic Traffic Unit says police were called around 7.10pm after reports of a vehicle on the tracks, about 200 metres north of the Elizabeth Street railway crossing.

Three cars were damaged outside the Waikanae Hotel after the man — believed to be the only occupant of the car — drove his car into them.

He then drove across the double-laned State Highway 1, through some trees and ended up on the on the railway tracks.

Sergeant George says when Police arrived the male was still inside the vehicle.

"His subsequent breath alcohol reading was over the legal limit and he now faces one charge of excess breath alcohol. Further charges are likely."

Sergeant George says it is miraculous that the driver didn't injure himself or anyone else.

"We'd like to thank members of the public for their quick thinking in contacting emergency services, which meant we were able to notify Kiwi Rail to ensure trains were stopped immediately. The railway signal box was damaged as a result of the incident."

The Waikanae man will appear in the Porirua District Court in due course. Police are making further enquiries into the incident.

A Tranzmetro spokeswoman said rail staff were "frantically" working to clear the line.

Trains were running between Wellington and Paraparaumu and buses from Paraparaumu and Waikanae until the track was cleared, she said. Extra trains were running for affected passengers.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/6673493/Man-charged-after-driving-car-onto-tracks
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2012, 03:23:49 pm »

Also....a Dumbfuck of the Week award to APN News, whose stuff are so thick that they think RAAF F/A-18 fighter planes are Spitfires! 

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10795873
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2012, 10:50:37 am »

More on the dumbfuck motorist at Waikanae on Saturday evening....

‘Miracle’ as car driven on railway line

By BLAIR ENSOR, JODY O'CALLAGHAN and SOPHIE SPEER - The Dominion Post | 5:00AM - Monday, 02 April 2012

WAYWARD DRIVER.

PASSERS-BY were stunned to see a car driving along the railway tracks in Waikanae.

Police are calling it a miracle that no-one was killed on Saturday night when an allegedly drunk man drove into parked cars outside a Waikanae pub, through trees and bushes, and down the railway line.

A Waikanae man, 59, has been charged with driving with excess breath alcohol. Further charges are likely.

Police were called to the Elizabeth Street railway crossing about 7.10pm after reports of a car on the railway tracks, Sergeant Mike George of the Kapiti Mana Police Strategic Traffic Unit said.

"It appears the driver has crashed into three parked vehicles in the Waikanae Hotel car park before crossing four lanes of State Highway 1, driving through trees and on to the railway tracks, where he's continued north before coming to stop at the railway station platform."

The driver was inside the vehicle when police arrived, Mr George said. "It is miraculous that the driver didn't injure himself nor anyone else."

Waikanae resident Lorraine Morresey had been getting into her car next to the hotel when the car came out "in front of my nose".

"I had just got fish and chips, came out, put the key in my car and all of a sudden a mental person came screaming out of the pub."

"If I had been a second earlier he would have got me."

People came out of cars and the pub to watch as the car was driven through trees and bushes, and then along the railway line, she said. "It was crazy, flippin' mad."

Another woman said she was waiting at a railway crossing when she saw a car driving "quite fast" on the railway line. "I said to my little daughter, ‘my god, there's a car on the railway lines’."

"We were all in shock because we didn't know if there was a train coming or how many people were in the car."

Police notified Kiwi Rail and trains were stopped until the tracks were cleared after 8pm, a Tranzmetro spokeswoman said.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/kapiti/6675805/Miracle-as-car-driven-on-railway-line
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2012, 10:10:52 am »

Retailer cites pressure for acid attack

By MIKE WATSON - The Dominion Post | 5:00AM - Saturday, 14 April 2012

ACID ATTACK: CCTV footage of B Jammin owner Rick Powell spraying acid through the door of Taupo clothing shop Addiction.
ACID ATTACK: CCTV footage of B Jammin owner Rick Powell
spraying acid through the door of Taupo clothing shop Addiction.

A TAUPO RETAILER used a syringe to spray battery acid between the doors of a rival's shop, causing $60,000 of damage. Mike Watson reports.

A Taupo clothing store owner says financial and family pressures drove him to commit a $60,000 act of vandalism.

Describing the attack as a "blur", B Jammin owner Rick Powell says he walked two blocks before spraying the acid through a gap in the doors, at Addiction Surf and Skate on Heuheu Street on Tuesday night.

The acid spray carried 10 metres inside the shop, destroying clothing, units and carpet.

"I can't figure out why I did it ... it's all a bit of a blur," he said.

"I can't rationalise why I would walk across the road to do this."

Mr Powell was filmed by security cameras spraying the acid through a small gap in the locked entrance doors.

He was arrested by police on Thursday.

"I'm highly embarrassed for my family. It's not something a rational, sane person would do," he said.

Mr Powell, who has been in business in Taupo since 1980, said he was owed hundreds of thousands of dollars.

"I've got creditors calling me and I am struggling ... retailing is very hard in Taupo at the moment."

The strain had become too much, he said. "The pressure has just been accumulating and it has been building up inside me. I have no excuses for my actions this time.

"I've got anger management problems, and I've been to my doctor to get some medication."

He had moved out of the family home to keep the pressure off his wife and children.

"I told my wife I am stepping away from the business for the time being, possibly permanently."

Addiction Surf and Skate owners, Kelvin and Pauline Clark, say Mr Powell must be made accountable for his actions.

"What he has done is wrong. It's irrelevant to say he blacked out," Mr Clark said.

"It was calculated to hurt us financially ... he thought about it, planned it and carried it out."

Mr Clark said the attack was deliberately done at the busiest time of the year.

"It's the school holidays, the warehouse is closed and it is difficult to reorder stock.

"Everyone is under pressure but you don't do this sort of thing — it's malicious and personal."

The cost of the damage was estimated at about $60,000 as well as lost business when the shop closed for a day, he said.

The two retailers have had an uneasy relationship since Mr Clark moved to open his competing business seven years ago.

More security cameras were installed after a similar acid attack at the shop on Boxing Day.

Mr Powell denied he had attacked the shop before, but admitted the pair had altercations in the past. "We had an argument about a shoplifter who he had caught and then let go."

"The kid came over and ripped us off the same morning."

"I got angry because all the retailers have an arrangement to let each other know when there is a shoplifter operating."

Mr Powell will appear in Taupo District Court next week charged with intentional damage.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/6741922/Retailer-cites-pressure-for-acid-attack
Report Spam   Logged

nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #123 on: April 28, 2012, 01:54:28 am »

...Man 'who failed driving test and wanted his money back' took hostages at midday this afternoon...

...Officers, including explosives experts and police negotiators, sealed off the block as objects including computers and filing cabinets came flying from a fifth-floor window and the man threatened to blow himself up...

...Speaking from Tottenham Court Road, Alan Edwards, who works in the building, told SkyNews rumours were that he was aggrieved because he had been denied an HGV licence.
The man apparently stormed into the logistics office yelling: ‘I have nothing more to live for.’
Stephen Hull is executive editor of the Huffington Post UK website, which is in the same building, although unconnected to the attack, which is though to involve a logistics business. ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2136105/Tottenham-Court-Road-evacuated-amid-central-London-bomb-threat-man-takes-hostages.html

Report Spam   Logged

nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #124 on: May 20, 2012, 06:34:45 pm »

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/19/11768941-father-of-30-by-11-women-wants-child-support-help-from-the-state?lite

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: