Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 04:00:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Have to become an Aussie

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have to become an Aussie  (Read 605 times)
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« on: February 03, 2009, 05:15:08 pm »

Yes focks it is true,  to get the first home owners grant (21,000) or (14,000) for pre-loved house I have to become a Aussie.

ALL my Aussie mates are laughing there heads off.  And I swear the next person who says  ' aussie assuie aussie  ou ou ou'  I will slap them.
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Alicat
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 05:23:35 pm »

You'll be fine Kiwi. You just need to be able to sing Waltzing Matilda and Advance Australia Fair (all 100 verses of both of them) by memory with your hand on your heart.

KIWI NEEDS TO CHANGE HER NICKNAME ON THE BOARD - PMSL
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 05:25:07 pm »

So have you booked the surgeon for the brain operation so you can become an Aussie? 
Report Spam   Logged
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 05:25:41 pm »

IS NOT CHANGING NAME EVER
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
Alicat
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 05:26:09 pm »

WALTZING MATILDA WALTZING MATILDA YOU'LL COME A WALTZING MATILDA WITH ME
Report Spam   Logged
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 05:26:36 pm »

ROFLMAO  TJ  my sister said the same thing.
Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 05:30:10 pm »

Kiwi-Oz will have to cheer on the Wallabies - LOL
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 05:30:19 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/v/RsAtOWLGeic

You better learn the words and the music then Kiwi .. umm Aussie .. umm  Lips sealed
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 05:35:29 pm »

Lovelee I saw that on the tele and we all wanted to change it.

We have to do a test as well.   So long as I answer mate to the end of each question I be right  MATE
Report Spam   Logged

Ares Abani
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 05:49:43 am »

Good luck becoming an aussie KiWi4ever.They maybe able to make you an aussie on paper but they can't change your kiwi heart.
Report Spam   Logged

CS Lewis says in 'A Grief Observed'
"I need Christ, not something that resembles Him.”
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 06:56:40 am »

will always surpost kiwis will always been known as k1w14ever    for ever
Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 07:09:26 am »

http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html

Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009, 07:12:09 am »

Test rules

There are some basic rules which you must follow during the test:

* Test is timed - You will be allowed 45 minutes to complete the test (or 90 minutes in the case of an assisted test). No additional time will be made available.
    * This is a closed book test - You must not bring any test resource material into the testing venue (this includes note paper, the Becoming an Australian Citizen resource book, study notes, etc).
    * Personal belongings may be taken into the test site however these must be stored under the desk for the duration of the test. Mobile phones and all other electronic communication/gaming equipment should be switched off while you are within the test venue.

If you do not follow these rules, you may be asked to leave the test venue and may have to sit the test again.
Test questions

All questions in the test are selected from information in the free booklet Becoming an Australian Citizen.

You are not required to purchase or obtain a citizenship test package from any other individual or organisation in order to pass the citizenship test. The department does not endorse or recommend any package that claims it will assist you pass the citizenship test. The department has established the Citizenship Support Grants Program to help you prepare for the citizenship test.
See: How do I prepare for the test

Everything you need to know to pass the test is contained in the book Becoming an Australian Citizen.

The test questions are based on the following:

* Responsibilities and privileges of Australian citizenship
    * Australian values
    * Australian history
    * Australian society
    * Governing Australia.

There are sample questions in the book which give you an indication of the kinds of questions you will be asked in the test. More information and how to order the booklet Becoming an Australian Citizen is available. A practice test and tutorial on how to use the testing program are also available on the website.
See: How do I prepare for the test?
http://www.citizenship.gov.au/test/rules-questions.htm
Report Spam   Logged

wgtngirl
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2009, 08:14:57 am »

R u gonna celebrate with a meal of feesh and cheeps and a sex pack of beer, mate?

Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2009, 08:36:30 am »

I wonder if they have changed the rules?

I am pretty sure my brother got a first home grant, he was very surprised as they already owned a house in NZ and still do.

He and his wife aren't Ozzie citizens even my nephew who was born there isn't.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
relaxed1
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 09:47:40 am »

* Responsibilities and privileges of Australian citizenship
    * Australian values   BEER
    * Australian history CRIMINALS
    * Australian society FOOTBALL
    * Governing Australia. ALL THE ABOVE

*giggles*
Report Spam   Logged

I know how i am and your approval isn't needed
Ferney
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2009, 12:18:08 pm »

Have you got the Aussie accent yet Kiwi ?   Both my brothers have.   One is still on his NZ passport but the other became an Aussie years ago.    My paternal grandma was an Aussie and I'M PROUD OF BEING 1/4 AUSSIE Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Megan Au
Getting The Hang Of It

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2009, 04:21:32 pm »

Have you got the Aussie accent yet Kiwi ?   Both my brothers have.   One is still on his NZ passport but the other became an Aussie years ago.    My paternal grandma was an Aussie and I'M PROUD OF BEING 1/4 AUSSIE Smiley

You can keep your NZ passport aswell as applying for an Aussie one .

I have dual citizenship , I have a british passport and an Aussie one

Oh and BTW .............Buy up big here , you can't take the house back to NZ with you and as long as NZers are flocking here buying homes our property prices will remain steady  Grin

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/property/news/article.cfm?c_id=8&objectid=10538565

Kiwis have yet another reason to move across the Tasman following last week's announcement by the Australian Government of a A$14,000 ($15,925) grant for first-home buyers.

New Zealanders with Australian citizenship or permanent residency who fulfil certain criteria are also eligible for the grants.Australians fulfilling the same criteria have been eligible since 2000 for a $7000 grant when buying their first homes but - in a move to increase construction and assist first-home buyers struggling with house affordability - the grants were increased to $14,000 last week.

For those buying brand-new homes, the assistance has been raised to $21,000.
An Australian resort owner told the Herald that he had been overwhelmed with requests from New Zealanders since news of the grants doubling hit the headlines last Wednesday.

Dennis Ring, managing director of Over 50s Resorts, a gated community lifestyle village for people aged 50 or older in Queensland, said more than 200 Kiwis had contacted him through his website since then.

"I've been inundated with people on my website asking about these Over 50s Resorts and number one is, 'Can we get the first-home owner's grant?' And yes they can."

The resort is in Ormeau, a five-minute drive from Dreamworld. Homeowners buy their home and pay no rates, but rent the land.

A former Hamilton man living in the resort, Ray Inglis, told the Herald he and his wife moved to Australia four years ago and benefited from a $7000 grant because it was their first home in the country.

Mr Inglis said that while he had enjoyed his time away, he missed the garden he had in New Zealand and was planning on returning soon.

"Financially we're better off here, but it's still not home."

The first-home owner's grant may be offset by a $9000 "stamp duty" - a fee paid by anyone buying a home in Australia.

But the rules vary from state to state, and Mr Ring said that earlier this year stamp duty had been abolished in Queensland.

Report Spam   Logged

Some people are like slinkies , you can't help but laff when they tumble down the stairs !
Calliope
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2009, 05:10:15 pm »

See Kiwi you dont need citizenship, just permanent residency
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2009, 05:52:32 pm »

we are not a permament resdient as well.  We thought we where.  It use to just happen after been here a while.  But because I have proof about when we came over we will be fine.  So aussie aussie aussie oi oi  oi  . 
Report Spam   Logged

beaker
Senator
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2009, 07:16:54 pm »

Oh Kiwi, you poor thing.  My brother - after 20 years over there made the change last month.  Our family are still in mourning.

We'll still love you no matter what!
Report Spam   Logged

This job is a test . . . It is only a test . . . Had this been a real job . . . it would have come with raises, promotions and other signs of appreciation!!!
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2009, 08:54:33 pm »

hahahaha  Beaker  that means so much to me
Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2009, 07:22:51 am »

hahahaha  Beaker  that means so much to me

Once you've become an Aussie, we'll type s-l-o-w-e-r to make it easier for you to understand 
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2009, 07:32:53 am »

Have you got the Aussie accent yet Kiwi ?   

Yes she does sound like an Aussie  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2009, 09:49:27 pm »

Hey Kiwi - Mr S got confirmation today of work there (in Hillston)

Dare I say I'm actually looking forward to having the bed/remote to myself Grin
He's looking forward to coming over and playing with Aussie toys (don't know if they'll be better than the kiwi ones) I will probably come over at some stage - hehehe meet you at the pub but only when the weather gets a bit more comfortable Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: